• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

jem0208

Just convert and port H3 maps into 5 and bingo, am happy.* **

*and make every level of Halo 6 SP like The Ark and the Covenant.

The Covenant, man. Still my favourite Halo level.

** except Isolation and Snowbound
Nah, make every level like Sanghelios to Sunion. Then we're in business.

Akai__

Wait, what is happening and when?

We are doing HaloGAF Warzone Saturdays regularly. We only skipped last week, because of the tournament, but it's back for this Saturday.

2 sessions (each 4 hours):

1st: 4pm - 8pm CET (10am - 2pm ET)
2nd: 12am - 4am CET (6pm - 10pm ET)

The 2nd is actually open end, because at that point somebody else takes over. I just stop streaming/playing, because it's 4am for me.

link1201

I really hope we get a new crop of btb maps soon. If they have to be forge maps at least they could leverage the diversity that affords.

Making the multiplayer free along with the possibility of Warzone Firefight being way more compelling than Firefight ever was could bring in a huge casual audience. They probably wouldn't touch Arena, but they'd still be there. Could legitimately draw a lot of the Destiny audience if they roll out persistent mechanics like dailies and weeklies along with it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Just because I'm curious, does anyone actually like Antifreeze? Definitely the worst BTB map the game has.

I hate it. BTB map's shouldn't be that claustrophobic.

i really liked it at first, and still would with some tweaks. its far to easy to cam out in mid and rain down death on spawners. i actually LOVE that it feels more claustrophobic than other BTB maps as it feels like a larger scale arena map.

Ryde3

Just because I'm curious, does anyone actually like Antifreeze? Definitely the worst BTB map the game has.

I honestly really like it. I love Strongholds especially, the fight of the mid area is always great. CTF is fun and I don't mind BTB, I think it has a good flow *shrugs*.

At a certain point they will have to start treating Halo MP like the multiplayer game that it is, and it'll mean spinning it out on its own, not being a part of a $60 game every few years. I doubt it'll happen as soon as I'd like it to though.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Assault is so good! Also the strongest Storm Rifle is so amazingly overpowered

I haven't played Halo since last week so I would not know how the new storms are. I find it funny they made special variants of the storm rifle when the weapon itself is already disgusting as it is.

blamite

I appreciate that it has Binary Rifles, and it's kind of fun to do ground pounds off of the orange lift, but overall I really don't like it much. Strongholds is probably its best gametype?

With the new req progression. the defense team could probably win 98% of the time??
People just gotta spawn vehicles right within that first 6 minutes? and of course drive them well. lol

I haven't played Halo since last week so I would not know how the new storms are. I find it funny they made special variants of the storm rifle when the weapon itself is already disgusting as it is.

Take one of the strongest weapons in the game and give it more damage plus knockback. Also let's make it so that plasma bolts detonate on impact causing explosions!

The weapon is disgusting, especially for a level three req. However, it's WZ so balance is whatever.

lol.

Went into WZ assault for a quick WZ win pack.

Got defense on Urban. Might as well put the controller down

The thing about that map that really ruffles my feathers is that they completely got rid of the defining area of that map as a capture zone: the spire. Could've been cool to try and capture that instead of a regular old base as the second capture point. I don't understand why they removed it.

The thing about that map that really ruffles my feathers is that they completely got rid of the defining area of that map as a capture zone: the spire. Could've been cool to try and capture that instead of a regular old base as the second capture point. I don't understand why they removed it.

Monument

Recluse armor goaty

That I have so far

No lies detected.
vIcrhqI.jpg

I noticed they lowered the ammo in the CE Magnums on Recurve drastically. It used to have what they would originally spawn with in CE, but now it just has a single ammo clip in it.

I was thinking about this today and I can't think of one map that I would like to see return in Halo 6. Most Halo's have had classic maps that people love, but after the last 2 I seriously have none. Do you guys have any? The only one I wouldn't mind returning is Plaza and I'm enjoying Torque a lot, but I haven't played enough on it yet.

I was thinking about this today and I can't think of one map that I would like to see return in Halo 6. Most Halo's have had classic maps that people love, but after the last 2 I seriously have none. Do you guys have any? The only one I wouldn't mind returning is Plaza and I'm enjoying Torque a lot, but I haven't played enough on it yet.

Coliseum. Truth. The Rig.

And where's Haven?

Is assault in btb? I haven't had the chance to play it since the update.

It's not and I really hope they add it. Neutral bomb is the GOAT BTB gametype imo. I'm still crestfallen they didn't add it to H3 MCC.

The map is abysmal, worst in the game full stop. It also appears with the highest frequency in the playlist, to much despair. BTB's due a refurbishment.

Trup1aya

lol.

Went into WZ assault for a quick WZ win pack.

Got defense on Urban. Might as well put the controller down

have the time I hear people complain about defense on urban and how lopsided it is.

The other half I hear people complain about offense on urban and how lopsided it is.

What IS the actual problem here?

I think it's the aestheics that keep the maps from feeling like classics. In hind sight, many of the 'classic' halo maps actually played like shit, but they looked so damn good.

Truth is the best midship of all. Plaza is pretty great. Eden plays great, but it cooled use some new visuals.

Truth is a must. Just keep remaking Midship 343.

I wish you could customize the chest armor separately from the leg armor. So many armors look good from the waist up and then you see the atrocity below the waist in-game. Cough cough hellcat armor... Dumbo legs ftl

blamite

Truth and maybe Empire and Coliseum, and maaaaaaaaaaybe Eden are good and worth keeping around for future games, but other than that there aren't any maps I'm really attached to. I haven't played very much Torque yet, but so far it doesn't really seems like a classic.

Haven is great though. Best map sine H3. It's a bummer it didn't get remake in H5.

I wish you could customize the chest armor separately from the leg armor. So many armors look good from the waist up and then you see the atrocity below the waist in-game. Cough cough hellcat armor... Dumbo legs ftl

hat bothers me the most is cool armor with awful shoulders, especially since some of the bigger shoulder pieces can actually be visible from first person. I hope someday 343 can implement a way to custoize individualarmor pieces like in H4, even if you're still unlocking entire body sets at once. I'm sure that'd be pretty touch from a technical perspective, but the fact that they're actually going back and updating customization options is encouraging, even if only for colors and emblems so far.

Trup1aya

We are extremely close to unlocking the Achilles armor...

Promethean enemies are the last real hold out. A few nice sized Warzone lobbies should do the trick me thinks...

Top Bottom