• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Nutter

There is a reason why dust is played in CS even to this day. It is a classic.

Why should Halo NOT provide its classics with each iteration?

Halo should never ship without Lockout/Sanctuary/Midship combo going forward. There is a reason they selected them to be in H2A and H5.. they are classics and I personally will not tire of playing on these maps even in the future.

I wish you could customize the chest armor separately from the leg armor. So many armors look good from the waist up and then you see the atrocity below the waist in-game. Cough cough hellcat armor... Dumbo legs ftl
You know with all the updates and such being added I'm sure if there is enough demand try might do more customization for Spartans. Hopefully be able to change arms and legs.
Just too many times where I like one part of the body but not all of it.

shoreu

There is a reason why dust is played in CS even to this day. It is a classic.

Halo should never ship without Lockout/Sanctuary/Midship combo going forward. There is a reason they selected them to be in H2A and H5.. they are classics and I personally will not tire of playing on these maps even in the future.

Nah those maps won't work with the new gameplay physics. Plus I don't want to see the same maps each game.

clav

The question is with so much custom content, why can't 343i do a carousel of different maps in that pool?

Is it that difficult?

A different map for every game.

Best H5 map is Fathom
Fathom is the best new map in my eyes

Such powerful truths being spoken right now.
You know why Fathom is the best? Because it goes for the less-is-more approach and defines a mood. Not the clutter-in-a-blender that 343 has a hard-on for. There's not one trillion boxes and routes to match, there are just a few well-defined routes with breathing room.

I don't even give a shit about new map Torque because it's mostly just more of the same with a fancy skybox to distract you from that fact. At least it's better than a couple of the shipped maps, and at least it does have a fancy skybox. I wonder how much of that map was made with already premade assets. I'd rather they be putting that effort into the playable area.

At the very least, Blood Gulch should be in every single Halo from from now until eternity. The most recent version, Bloodline, was awesome.

I would never want remakes to become the majority of maps in a newly shipped game, but one or two classics are always going to make me smile.

Spartan3PC

I wish you could customize the chest armor separately from the leg armor. So many armors look good from the waist up and then you see the atrocity below the waist in-game. Cough cough hellcat armor... Dumbo legs ftl

The one thing about Reach I think we can all agree on is that it did customizable armour right. Follow that blueprint. If they did then they would have more reason for people to buy req packs as there are more armour pieces to get.

If anyone's interested in seeing some CE Pistol gameplay on Recurve, I recently uploaded this. Nothing special really, and it wasn't as overpowered as I thought it'd be as a hitscan weapon. I lost a few 1v1's in that match lol.

It would definitely work better as a projectile weapon, for sure, but even as is I would love to see it as a pickup on most maps. The dynamic between CE Pistol vs BR's + other powerful weapons (ie: vs Storm Rifle up close) is proving to be quite interesting. I can't stress how significant the thruster is to the meta game and improving gameplay in a sandbox of such powerful weapons.

Damn, it feels good what we have here.. I hope 343's open to these suggestions as I'm sure more people will be thinking the same over time.
Yeah. A music video by Caravan Palace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbQgXeY_zi4
Nice.

Nutter

Nah those maps won't work with the new gameplay physics. Plus I don't want to see the same maps each game.

I would agree, but Midship got remade and its arguably the best playing map in 5. Also where are these complaints for CS?

I would take Sanctuary version 10 over Rig.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
I would agree, but Midship got remade and its arguably the best playing map in 5. Also where are these complaints for CS?

Did CS get it's movement modified to the extent Halo 5 did? If it never did, then that point is moot. If it did, then idk.

shoreu

Cs didn't get as much of a drastic vertical movement change as halo 2 and 5.

Midship needed to be remade to actually play well, though. Sanc has its moments, but Lockout is easily the most overrated Halo map ever. Not to mention it's a filthy halfling of the same blood as The Cage.

That bothers me the most is cool armor with awful shoulders, especially since some of the bigger shoulder pieces can actually be visible from first person. I hope someday 343 can implement a way to custoize individualarmor pieces like in H4, even if you're still unlocking entire body sets at once. I'm sure that'd be pretty touch from a technical perspective, but the fact that they're actually going back and updating customization options is encouraging, even if only for colors and emblems so far.
You know with all the updates and such being added I'm sure if there is enough demand try might do more customization for Spartans. Hopefully be able to change arms and legs.
Just too many times where I like one part of the body but not all of it.
The one thing about Reach I think we can all agree on is that it did customizable armour right. Follow that blueprint. If they did then they would have more reason for people to buy req packs as there are more armour pieces to get.
With the way 343 has been listening to feedback there is always hope

Lockout would be awful in H5
Haha keep sword and add invis to the map! Instant classic ;)

Lockout is my all time favorite 4v4 map, though it wouldn't work in 5 due to its size and I'm not keen on just scaling it larger. I'd like to see a spiritual successor to Lockout, not Guardian or the Cage though, Cage is trash and Guardian never grabbed me.

As for best map in Halo 5?

Fathom, Truth and Colisseum are all great. I'd give the edge to Truth.

belushy

Banned
I don't find any map to be exceptional but I think Fathom, Rig, Truth, and Coliseum are above average. Plaza, Empire, and Eden are mid tier to me. The rest are meh but playable. Too early for an opinion on Torque as I've only played one game on it.

clav

Why does the game keep pairing high levels with people not close to their ranks?

Make these people not find a match. They probably need to go outside.

Guys use this for the Spartan charges it helps a lot!

Mo476kK.png

Fuchsdh

At the very least, Blood Gulch should be in every single Halo from from now until eternity. The most recent version, Bloodline, was awesome.

As with CEA, the best remakes of classic maps have been semi-wasted with Reach and H2A. Solitary and High Noon in particular are leagues better than their original CE counterparts, and Bloodline actually tried to address some of Blood Gulch's weaknesses.

And I'm going to be getting on XBL soon, if someone wants another body for a lobby I'm down. GT Fuchsdh

mo60

Guys use this for the Spartan charges it helps a lot!

Mo476kK.png

That req will take awhile to get unless I get finished with silvers soon.

Also, remember that out of map glitch on that grifball map. People are using the glitch now to get turrets into the map and kill people with turrets.

That req will take awhile to get unless I get finished with silvers soon.

Also, remember that out of map glitch on that grifball map. People are using the glitch now to get turrets into the map and kill people with turrets.
No doubt. I'm in the same boat. Not even halfway through with my silver reqs yet. I've buckled down in wz assault for grinding req points. I can't handle arena right now. Its one big piss storm for me at the moment.

Coliseum. Truth. The Rig.

And where's Haven?

All of those are maps that I enjoy in 5, I didn't enjoy Haven that much from 4 though

I think it's the aestheics that keep the maps from feeling like classics. In hind sight, many of the 'classic' halo maps actually played like shit, but they looked so damn good.

Truth is the best midship of all. Plaza is pretty great. Eden plays great, but it cooled use some new visuals.

You're right they were all so memorable because of their distinct looks. Most of the maps here are kinda one note. Truth is the best Midship iteration I have seen as well.

Truth is a must. Just keep remaking Midship 343.

Truth is awesome, Midship was awesome as well

Top Bottom