• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Torque is really good.
I don't get the hate really

My only issue, and I could be wrong, is that there aren't many options in the bottom courtyard areas for each base unless the moving platforms are on their way up. Wish those were within reach to crouch clamber to when extended.

clav

Torque shows how bad Riptide is.

I still don't like Riptide. Too many awkward jumps.

Open spaces don't let anyone clamber back to any spots like other maps, so everyone etiher stays behind a ramp or the end of a long hall way.

Screenshot-Original.png

I'm confused at how I suddenly started and keep getting Spnkr EM out of req packs. I clearly do not have the certification

I sure as hell am not complaining though!

I'm confused at how I suddenly started and keep getting Spnkr EM out of req packs. I clearly do not have the certification

Random means random. Out of the entire Halo population, somebody's gonna repeatedly draw REQs for a rare cert they don't have.

blamite

It's weird, that's the same exact weapon I've been getting tons of even without the certification. There's plenty of other rare weapons I haven't gotten once, but that one keeps coming up.

op_ivy

Fairly noob warzone question - what's the best req weapons for each boss type? I just recently learned talon of the lost (needler) is pretty bad ass for hunters, what other good combos are there?

Trup1aya

My only issue, and I could be wrong, is that there aren't many options in the bottom courtyard areas for each base unless the moving platforms are on their way up. Wish those were within reach to crouch clamber to when extended.

I'm not certain, but I suspect that you can spring jump to clamber up the Pistons. I do know that you can jump on top of the key pads outside of each base to clamber up.

op_ivy

I do know that you can jump on top of the key pads outside of each base to clamber up.

Does that get you anywhere? I feel like that is just a massive area to avoid, there's not many movement options out of it. You can retreat to the base, clamber up the right, or push forward to bottom mid which only leads to the enemies courtyard. At the very least clambering to the left should be an option.

blakep267

I know grifball is social and all but man, it really shows how people don't get simpe strategy. if Im running right and have all the guys chasing me why can't somebody run over to the empty side so I can throw it over there and they can waltz in. its a simple screen pass yet there will always be 2-3 guys sitting back by the goal or also chasing me

I know grifball is social and all but man, it really shows how people don't get simpe strategy. if Im running right and have all the guys chasing me why can't somebody run over to the empty side so I can throw it over there and they can waltz in. its a simple screen pass yet there will always be 2-3 guys sitting back by the goal or also chasing me

People generally don't pass the ball, I've been at the scoring point numerous times while everyone chased ball carrier and I wouldn't get the pass.

Just had a 79 kill game in Grifball. Sure that's nothing compared to what some of you had probably wracked up. Wasn't really spawn camping or anything save for a few moments when it was a valid strategy. Was a blast though, and it does appear like there's a lot of new players online who don't seem to have the basics of Grifball down well although that could just be luck of the draw. Hoping this update brings some people back in. It really is a large amount of new content since launch so anyone who was a bit disappointed should give it another go.

Magwik

Banned
Warzone Assault is literally a conceptually easy game mode and I fail to understand how plenty of people still fail to act with the objective. All you have to do to win is stick to your teammates and rush the base. That's it. Not run around the garage doing nothing, but actually push the base. Apparently that's too difficult.

clav

Warzone Assault is literally a conceptually easy game mode and I fail to understand how plenty of people still fail to act with the objective. All you have to do to win is stick to your teammates and rush the base. That's it. Not run around the garage doing nothing, but actually push the base. Apparently that's too difficult.

You are playing with kids or people who are high or both.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member

To be fair it is like saying arena is easy mode because in essence you just have to stick to your teammates and push at the objective or rotate around the map accordingly. In reality, things are not always that simple.

Not saying you say this, Just an example.

Obviously warzone assault has other variables in the mix like reqs.

BizzyBum

Had to go back and open a few more bronze but after 4 new commons I'm back to silver. I still have so much to unlock, I'm never getting to gold.

Halo CE pistol is so good. Feels like cheating.lol

Magwik

Banned
My favorite thing about Urban is getting spawn killed and trapped by the defending team.
Good stuff.
Great map design there.

Nowise10

Halo CE pistol is way to OP to spawn every 30 seconds on Recurve. Got 50 kills first match using it .

Plus the two spawn within like 15 feet together

Halo CE pistol is way to OP to spawn every 30 seconds on Recurve. Got 50 kills first match using it .

Plus the two spawn within like 15 feet together
Give it time and you'll see more people being aware of a 3sk weapon on that map, meaning more contention for the areas it's in. You only get one magazine with it too, so you never really have a lot of ammo.

Picking one up doesn't make you unstoppable; it's still very possible to outshoot a CE Pistol with a BR or any other weapon.
Magnum duels are great. If only it was a pick up on non BTB maps. sigh *dreams*
The more data we get on it as more people experience it in matchmaking, the more we can tell if it can be a real possibility. From the games I've played, there were people aware of it so things got heated lol.

I mean how low could your MMR really be that you are facing golds.

I kinda wish the game had a onyx tiered system.

However, the weird part is I'm all over the place. The next match I could play 1800 Onyxes and the match after I could be playing Diamonds. Every time I go into a match, I honestly don't know who I'm going to face. I've run the gambit from Silver all the way to Champion.

There is a reason why dust is played in CS even to this day. It is a classic.

Why should Halo NOT provide its classics with each iteration?

Halo should never ship without Lockout/Sanctuary/Midship combo going forward. There is a reason they selected them to be in H2A and H5.. they are classics and I personally will not tire of playing on these maps even in the future.

Yes.

Nah those maps won't work with the new gameplay physics. Plus I don't want to see the same maps each game.

No. Headlong is still fun. The basic layouts are still fun. You are wrong.

Nowise10

I played Grifball in Reach just to be sure my mind wasn't playing tricks on me and making think the Gravity hammer used to feel better, but no, i wasn't wrong, the Gravity Hammer in Reach/H3 definitely is reliable and consistent compared to H5, and it just feels so much better.

There is a reason why dust is played in CS even to this day. It is a classic.

Why should Halo NOT provide its classics with each iteration?

Halo should never ship without Lockout/Sanctuary/Midship combo going forward. There is a reason they selected them to be in H2A and H5.. they are classics and I personally will not tire of playing on these maps even in the future.
Absolutely this! I would be ecstatic if Halo 6 launched with Lockout and other classics.

I absolutely loved how Epic Games redid Gridlock for every Gears of War game. Perfect example of a perfect map that will never grow old and deserves to always be relevant.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
However, the weird part is I'm all over the place. The next match I could play 1800 Onyxes and the match after I could be playing Diamonds. Every time I go into a match, I honestly don't know who I'm going to face. I've run the gambit from Silver all the way to Champion.

I have never experienced this. When I was a onyx I got paired with champions or high csr onyxs (2000s). Now that I am champion it pretty much is champions mixed with or high csr onyxs. The only time I have ever matched anything below onyx while being onyx is when I play with a friends that are ranked gold and diamond. This applies to both arena and slayer I dunno about the other playlists.

Top Bottom