• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

jem0208

Huh, that last game was weird.

I was only playing for the last 30 seconds or so...

Got to go, games were fun though. I'll try and join again next time.

Fuchsdh

I'm about to use an Ultra Rare mission victory Req boost so we better win this one guys.

Lol was playing with the Podtacular Friday crowd yesterday and at least 3 or 4 of us turned on victory boosts. We got smashed and despite a late-game rally lost horribly, 1000-300-something. Luckily there was a redemption game after that, but still stung :p

Still room in the lobby?

Had 2 games in a row against higher ranked players and split the wins. Then a 2v4... -_-

If 343 doesn't want to encourage quitting, simply put in an option at the end of a game where if your team was down they can either accept their stats and the loss/victory or not. Easy as a yes no popup right at the finish of the game.

I shouldn't be stuck with a -18 just to avoid a ban.

The ghost runners Kappa

jem0208

Empire is really bad in 5v5.

I think I just had the most annoying melee not register ever. It was sudden death and the enemy team was arming, I jump down behind the carrier and melee him in the back and it does nothing, they then arm.

Ramirez

Accepted,

-MaGlock
-BradC00
-G-Danny
-Zoso Achilles
-Esque7
-ThornXBL
-Wahrer (kill me)

Sorry to any I cut, but I don't think it's fair to keep people in who play once a week and contribute nothing compared to people who play every day and want in. You can always reapply or whatever for the next purge if you feel I was wrong.

IHaveIce

Banned
I've got only 2 groundpounds left and then I'm done with my personal commendation for it.

Everything else will be for the company <3

However, the weird part is I'm all over the place. The next match I could play 1800 Onyxes and the match after I could be playing Diamonds. Every time I go into a match, I honestly don't know who I'm going to face. I've run the gambit from Silver all the way to Champion.
This happens to me too. I think it's just due to inconsistency in how you perform. I can be all over the place. That's my theory anyways

Strider

Accepted,

-MaGlock
-BradC00
-G-Danny
-Zoso Achilles
-Esque7
-ThornXBL
-Wahrer (kill me)

Sorry to any I cut, but I don't think it's fair to keep people in who play once a week and contribute nothing compared to people who play every day and want in. You can always reapply or whatever for the next purge if you feel I was wrong.

goodjob.gif

Good stuff Ram. If it wasn't for you we'd never be on track for achilles lol

Haruko

The halo slaent betrayal!

It's a nice little forum, but it's not like we ended up over there purely by choice. That OT ban was stupid as fuck, considering how much different Halo media there was leading up to H5 launch. Once a critical mass of posters returned to this thread though, the one over there slowed down a lot. It was probably inevitable, I guess. I still browse/post on both.

daedalius

I'm really behind the idea to let Classics never die and bring them back every halo game, but Lockout is not one of them. Tbh Lockout was never really that good.

There are lots of classic maps that would work brought back to life, but Lockout is not one of them.

We played a new version of Shrine/Asylum last night by Nutter, they were pretty great.

Felt better than most arena maps

New Lockout felt very small and I am terrible at it and ffa

This happens to me too. I think it's just due to inconsistency in how you perform. I can be all over the place. That's my theory anyways

It make sense, if you play with a group constantly, you learn each other playstyle and you become fairly consist since you know what your teammates are going to do. Solo is just yolo most of the time, so your performance will vary.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Impressions of the new release

- The new Arena map is pretty fun. A lot of different ways to play. Fast.
- Shame they removed the fuel rod from Riptide. People complained about it, but now the map is pretty much a DMR fest.
- the Hammers are fun, but should run out faster.
- Lag is much improved, or ar least the playground is level for EU

One thing that I maintain is total fucking shit is the monthly ranking system. In the lower ranks where I play (perma Gold 1) you constantly get unranked players who have played 7 games and people who have played 726 games in the same match, and obviously the former ones wreck their entire team's game. It's especially pointless as the month is nearly over anyway. I would much prefer the old way where you climb up and down ranks freely.

Top Bottom