• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

belushy

Banned
TS in past games seemed to be more focused on primary gun skill (br, DMR, pistol) and OS/Camo, Sniper, and Rockets control. In the past there wasn't as big of a sandbox as most of these maps have so you now have people being killed by autos, shotguns, etc. and the pros don't think it fits in TS since a team that is less skilled in gun skill can still win if they camp corners with Storm Rifle and Scattershot. Not only that but most of these maps are not built for TS it feels like. Spartan abilities also allow for less skilled players to survive especially on maps like The Rig.

Overall I do think radar is a problem but I also think the overall sandbox is a problem as well. I don't think radar would make TS play any better.

Its still fun to watch a 49-49 slayer game at these tournaments but, as soon as Oddball and Assault are added to the gametype pool, hopefully it gets phased out.

16BitNova

So I'm trying to purchase the Arena REQ pack bundle and it keeps asking me how I want to pay the rest. I have $26 and some change on the account and this is only $24.99. What the hell. I really don't want to add my credit card to the system. Does anyone know if I do add a credit card can I delete it right after?

Nutter

Everyone saying remove slayer from Arena forgot what happened to the last objective only playlist in a Halo title.

it died a slow painful death.

Trup1aya

TS in past games seemed to be more focused on primary gun skill (br, DMR, pistol) and OS/Camo, Sniper, and Rockets control. In the past there wasn't as big of a sandbox as most of these maps have so you now have people being killed by autos, shotguns, etc. and the pros don't think it fits in TS since a team that is less skilled in gun skill can still win if they camp corners with Storm Rifle and Scattershot. Not only that but most of these maps are not built for TS it feels like. Spartan abilities also allow for less skilled players to survive especially on maps like The Rig.

Overall I do think radar is a problem but I also think the overall sandbox is a problem as well. I don't think radar would make TS play any better.

Its still fun to watch a 49-49 slayer game at these tournaments but, as soon as Oddball and Assault are added to the gametype pool, hopefully it gets phased out.

The more skilled pro's are consistently winning week in and week out. They simply aren't losing to inferior players/teams. So the idea that auto's, shotguns, abilities and radar are creating a situation where lesser skilled opponents have better odds isn't supported statistically.

These players have awareness and communications skills that know no bounds. So I can't get with the idea that they are being defeated by players who simply hide in corners with OP weapons.

Slayer is still primarily about gun skill and powerweapon/powerup control.

But your right, the rig is terrible for TS. Not because Spartan abilities enable unskilled players to evade. But because an inside setup is impregnable

I really hope Oddball makes it into Team Arena eventually, and Ricochet and Fiesta go into a permanent playlist.

Why can't they just make a permanent playlist with all the silly modes and call it Acton Sack or something.

It frustrates me that there's so many gametypes that could be "official" and in matchmaking but are excluded.

Is anyone else getting particularly bad matchmaking today? It's usually quite good for me, but I found myself routinely getting a group of gold/silvers against platinum players in slayer lately. Getting romped 50-20 every game gets old quick.

Is anyone else getting particularly bad matchmaking today? It's usually quite good for me, but I found myself routinely getting a group of gold/silvers against platinum players in slayer lately. Getting romped 50-20 every game gets old quick.

Close your eyes and ask your inner cortana for stategies that will align you with the greatest luck of all time.

singhr1

GGs for session 2.

Man that 1000-992 game. Akai and I had together had almost 17,000 damage.

EDIT: Here's everyone's else's too:

jvyffva.png

Getting spawn trapped by the fucking 343i team on this garbage map that is Urban... Are you kidding me?

I'm having internet problems and I have to wake up early, so you in a another time!

It was the 343 team? Really? I didnt noticed that.
Also, Urban is on the tier of Black Ops maps. People spam always on your target. 343 plz. Even an amateur could notice that the map was bad

Haruko

I'm in the party chat but 9 of the other 11 people in here are marked as "Connecting..."

I can hear the other two guys though

Chittagong

Gold Member

Yeah, I almost think they have switched off skill based MM recently. Here's a good example today of what can only be explained as a lack of MM

So many things wrong here.

- Platinum matched with low golds, silver and unranked
- total rookies with just 6 games in their history matched with people with 500+ games

Once the plat guy saw the team mates he was dealt he rage quit. So I had to carry our entire team. Luckily the opposite side was equally poorly matched so I managed to carry the entire team. And I am a pretty weak player, so it wasn't my amazing skillz. Imagine the score if the plat guy didn't quit. Just all around poor match. Had many like these recently.

The root cause, in my opinion, is the idiotic monthly ranking system which just seems to lump people with no skills to any game and see how they do.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Here's another example of piss poor match making today. Those two guys "in ranking" had less than 10 games on their service record. This time we lost as we just weren't good enough to make up for their losses.

Is this some kind of a joke?

Top Bottom