• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

uhm... Maybe, have to check. On the console for sure, don't know on the accessories, but I've got the elite bundle, so probably... Anyway I don't know if I am in the mood to send the Elite and then wait the new one back...

Though the sticks I purchased seems to be of higher quality than the stock ones (the analogue sticks inside the elite are just the same as a standard xbone controller...)

You have. In Europe (expect UK) you have 2 years warranty, so if you want you can replace it.
That seems possible. It's like controllers, they sometimes change a few things even if they don't say so.

Inverted Y for life!!

Nop, you plebs...

G-DannY

Nop, you plebs...

Started to play flight simulators with joysticks on PC back in the early 90's. So my brain is tailored to think stick forward = nose down, stick backward = nose up :p

Can't change this habit. For me standard Y is totally weird and uncomfortable.

Started to play flight simulators with joysticks on PC back in the early 90's. So my brain is tailored to think stick forward = nose down, stick backward = nose up :p

Can't change this habit. For me standard Y is totally weird and uncomfortable.

I know, I was just joking.
I think all of you who use Y inverted are old school players.

I DID IT!! I FINISHED MY SILVERS!!

Can't wait to start the Gold grind now. Off to warzone

Screenshot-Original.png

We could be friends again if you didn't play green thumb.

Standard is wrong and you all should know it!

You're going to be my friend EVEN if you don't want to. The G0SU will always be around.
lurking.
creeping.
watching.
waiting.....

Jus kidding. hahaha. wow now i sound like a stalker who has no friends.... X_x

I know, I was just joking.
I think all of you who use Y inverted are old school players.

I'm trying to remember when i first started to use inverted. I think it was since the N64 days. Ever since then, i couldn't get used to pushing the stick forward to look up or pushing the stick back to look down. Either way, im glad we all have options for our ways of thinking. hehe

However, i'd never have inverted Y when using a mouse.

Leyasu

Banned
Speaking of lag and server issues, if you ever try to play grifball with any type of lag you are going to regret it. least with other game modes you have some chance but in grifball you might as well treat the gravity hammer as if you were holding upside down cause thats how effective it is. delay and skiping will destroy your timing and any strategy you have.

This. I played it earlier and there was something up with the servers. People were killing me before they had even swung on my screen.

Just lately the amount of people with no shields that show a hit marker but won't die is incredible. In an effort to hide the latency, have they gone from server side calculations to client side?? Is that even possible? All I know is that something is definitely not quite right with this game anymore.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i wonder how many pros are using halo 5's default, which remember puts (not)ADS on the left trigger instead of the traditional default's grenades. i know for sure ninja uses halo 5's default, but wonder if anyone else made the switch and why. i wonder if some of the CoD pros, like Huke, are using it. i still think the instant rescope has to provide a decent advantage, but discussion on it is basically zero that i've seen, so maybe not.

Strider

i wonder how many pros are using halo 5's default, which remember puts (not)ADS on the left trigger instead of the traditional default's grenades. i know for sure ninja uses halo 5's default, but wonder if anyone else made the switch and why. i wonder if some of the CoD pros, like Huke, are using it. i still think the instant rescope has to provide a decent advantage, but discussion on it is basically zero that i've seen, so maybe not.

You don't scope in automatically anymore when using the default controls... They took that out after beta.

So... Did anyone get HCS tickets?

I wish. If only I could cross the Atlantic swimming...

I was a Cod player for years but I use the fishstick layout. It's equal to Cod Tatical.
I need to have sprint on Left Stick and ADS on left trigger. To many years using that shit

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
You don't scope in automatically anymore when using the default controls... They took that out after beta.

they did!? you sure? after the beta i got confirmation from josh that they didnt feel it had an effect on the game and they felt that it was more friendly to new comers and it was (likely) staying in. i never heard any announcement or cheering) of its removal and assumed it was still in.

Demise

So, since the beginning, no break out map was added ? Only Arena and Warzone ? I can't verify for myself I have no gold membership this month.

Top Bottom