• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Well at least that is what you assume everytime here on GAF aswell :)
You aren't letting anyone criticise somethibg without looking up or pointing out how they play. :)

Well anyways BTT:
After playing the Warzone Saturdays sessions and the 5v5 list it is obvious 343 has to do something against Killfarming, but seeing that the members of proteam do nothing different puts my hopes to rest.

The Assault playlist is also the perfect example why Arena shouldn't be Objective only, people would just go in there for Kill farming and ignoring the objective.

But aside from that I'm as happy with Halo 5 as I can with a Halo game sofar, 343 did listen and change Riptide's and Overgrowth's weapons. I think after worlds is done we will also see changes in the launch maps.

Assuming you're talking about when we ran into them during WZ Saturday, killing players efficiently in the first round of defense on WZ Assault is not kill farming. That's called, "being the better team".

IHaveIce

Banned
Assuming you're talking about when we ran into them during WZ Saturday, killing players efficiently in the first round of defense on WZ Assault is not kill farming. That's called, "being the better team".
Nah Brav and co were playing Assault with Mikwen and holding the ball away from the other team without scoring and just going for the Kills.

But to what you said, then letting the others get the first base to just get more kills?
Also using spawntraps like this does not make you a better team I know some on here like to think that because many of us did it on Zealot Reach, but no.
Abusing unfair spawn mechanics is essentially griefing.

NOKYARD

Spawns were changed at the request of the griffball community IIRC. And TBH spartan abilities and the throw are the only reason I enjoy it in matchmaking, allows for some pretty clutch individual plays.
The Grifball community has never used single round games. Casual, or competitive.

IHaveIce

Banned
I was wondering about that too. At the start of the season they were taking feedback on season lengths and placement matches. So I'm wondering if they increased the length of them or if it's still one month.
Well ingame it says February 2016 season, so I expected them to be still monthly.

Nah Brav and co were playing Assault with Mikwen and holding the ball away from the other team without scoring and just going for the Kills.

But to what you said, then letting the others get the first base to just get more kills?
Also using spawntraps like this does not make you a better team I know some on here like to think that because many of us did it on Zealot Reach, but no.

They didn't abuse anything. They didn't even do the spawn trap on Urban. They almost all protected the first garage with a couple guys shooting from the man canon and the bridges. They didn't purposefully let us have the garage to continue the game further for more kills. They won fair and square and ended the game asap. The problem with Urban is the shit-tastic spawn setup is not conducive to a social list. The slightest imbalance in teams and it's a landslide win/loss.

As far as your assault game, that sucks.

IHaveIce

Banned
They didn't abuse anything. They didn't even do the spawn trap on Urban. They almost all protected the first garage with a couple guys shooting from the man canon and the bridges. They didn't purposefully let us have the garage to continue the game further for more kills. They won fair and square and ended the game asap. The problem with Urban is the shit-tastic spawn setup is not conducive to a social list. The slightest imbalance in teams and it's a landslide win/loss.

As far as your assault game, that sucks.
Again I was not talking about the Warzone match against Gh0st I was not even in that match. The stuff avout Warzone was against the team we played earlier.

The comment about proteam was only directed at the assault game.

Nutter

Well at least that is what you assume everytime here on GAF aswell :)
You aren't letting anyone criticise somethibg without looking up or pointing out how they play. :)

Well anyways BTT:
After playing the Warzone Saturdays sessions and the 5v5 list it is obvious 343 has to do something against Killfarming, but seeing that the members of proteam do nothing different puts my hopes to rest.

The Assault playlist is also the perfect example why Arena shouldn't be Objective only, people would just go in there for Kill farming and ignoring the objective.

But aside from that I'm as happy with Halo 5 as I can with a Halo game sofar, 343 did listen and change Riptide's and Overgrowth's weapons. I think after worlds is done we will also see changes in the launch maps.
No need to assume when it's a fact.

The quote I chose perfectly highlights this fact. The dude does really bad at the game, gets no enjoyment from it and proceeds to call the game shit.

Second, I can point to posts by folks in this thread saying all sorts of things about the game as soon as they lose any enjoyment out of it. Be it from loosing several games or going highly negative.

You want to criticize the game? Go right ahead. Calling the game shit just because you are doing terrible, isn't called criticism.

Again I was not talking about the Warzone match against Gh0st I was not even in that match. The stuff avout Warzone was against the team we played earlier.

The comment about proteam was only directed at the assault game.

But you were replying to what I said in reference to that game. I said that, assuming you were referring to our match agaist ghost/dersk/etc., they didn't kill farm or anything, but they were the better team. You then replied with your reply "to what I said" and referenced extending the game, griefing, etc. Pay attention to an evolving discussion, bruh.

IHaveIce

Banned
No need to assume when it's a fact.

The quote I chose perfectly highlights this fact. The dude does really bad at the game, gets no enjoyment from it and proceeds to call the game shit.

Second, I can point to posts by folks in this thread saying all sorts of things about the game as soon as they lose any enjoyment out of it. Be it from loosing several games or going highly negative.

You want to criticize the game? Go right ahead. Calling the game shit just because you are doing terrible, isn't called criticism.
Nah I'm on your side I hate to see people doing that but in the case of Madness you brought up his skill because of a comment about map textures.
I get that it was a joke and I laughed, but I saw already other forums picking up your posts and label them "how a 343 employee handles criticism".

But you were replying to what I said in reference to that game. I said that, assuming you were referring to our match agaist ghost/dersk/etc., they didn't kill farm or anything, but they were the better team. You then replied with your reply "to what I said" and referenced extending the game, griefing, etc. Pay attention to an evolving discussion, bruh.
You are using my lack of knowledge or diversity in english vocabulary against me breh. I just wanted to pick up on that just a better team line and how that is not true anymore once you knowingly grief like the other group did.

I wasn't even in the Ghost Warzone match.
One point of me was the assault game and another the game against that Warzone group that(And I hope you agree with me here) killfarmed us.

Beating the enemy in stage 1 and outslay them is completely ok and is the goal of the game.

Sorry for the confusion, couldn't express myself how I want to in english.

Detective

My new Spartan :D

Screenshot_Original.png

My new Spartan :D

Screenshot_Original.png

I was a bit bummed that GameStop offered that armor up as a pre-order bonus. It's such an awesome set, but it felt cheapened by the fact that I only had to put down $5 to get it. But hey, same deal with the Mark V Alpha armor, so no real loss there. I've been pairing up the Mark V with the Dauntless visor for that classic look. Might swap over to Hunter with Resolute to put on my best display of Lockery.

I was a bit bummed that GameStop offered that armor up as a pre-order bonus. It's such an awesome set, but it felt cheapened by the fact that I only had to put down $5 to get it. But hey, same deal with the Mark V Alpha armor, so no real loss there. I've been pairing up the Mark V with the Dauntless visor for that classic look. Might swap over to Hunter with Resolute to put on my best display of Lockery.

The Locke armor pre-order bonus was a US-only thing so for the rest of the world it's still super rare. In fact, I haven't seen it since they made it impossible for us to match people from the US.

Detective

The Locke armor pre-order bonus was a US-only thing so for the rest of the world it's still super rare. In fact, I haven't seen it since they made it impossible for us to match people from the US.

I got that yesterday.
Am done with my armors and helmets. loadouts , weapons and vehicles All through opening packages with REQ points.

Yes, It is an awesome set :)

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Had a crazy game of Grifball earlier that ended in a tie. It barely went into overtime. No one scored for like the first 8 minutes of the game. Was crazy tense.

Also played a bunch of Warzone over the weekend, the blackhole making Plasma Pistol ended up being kinda disappointing.

Ade

Y'all musta been getting busy with Promethean kills within the last 12 hrs...

When I checked yesterday, it was our lvl 3 commendation with the least progress. we had over 4500 left before we reached lvl 4... Now we're level 4...

Still shows at 4130/9000 - Level 3 for me, you got me all excited for a minute!

IHaveIce

Banned
Y'all musta been getting busy with Promethean kills within the last 12 hrs...

When I checked yesterday, it was our lvl 3 commendation with the least progress. we had over 4500 left before we reached lvl 4... Now we're level 4...
Sure you are not looking at the boss kill commendation?
Prometheans is still at half way level 3 for me.

Ade

Assuming we have a rank reset coming up, I'd really like to do some placement matches with an actual team for once.

Admittedly Im pretty shit and live my life in Low Plats most of the time (as I always solo queue) but for once I'd like to at least have a shot at something better.

Any EU side folks up for say, Wednesday evening? Do our placement matches in at least one playlist as a group?

Gamertag is same as my forum name if you want to go laugh at my stats instead.

Leyasu

Banned
Assuming we have a rank reset coming up, I'd really like to do some placement matches with an actual team for once.

Admittedly Im pretty shit and live my life in Low Plats most of the time (as I always solo queue) but for once I'd like to at least have a shot at something better.

Any EU side folks up for say, Wednesday evening? Do our placement matches in at least one playlist as a group?

You're already on my friends list so yeah I'll hit you up if I am about. I should be as my gf has loads of papers to correct nearly every night. Such a shame that I get a couple of hours most days

The Grind of getting done with silver packs is real. Still a good ways away until I think Im even close to being done with all rares, haven't even gotten done with uncommons and commons but trying to buy a bronze pack is useless and leads to getting nothing. Probably should play halo a lot more and do war-zone as well but with out a decent sized team I cannot stand playing it. so I usually play war-zone assault but with all the bs that is in that game mode its hard to want to keep playing it. Anybody know if they ever plan on fixing some of the problems of war-zone assault? for example the fact that some vehicles given the right angle can be a good ways from the base but still get shots on the core or in the room.

Tomash

Related to kill farming in objectives - population percentages of objective gamemodes(with respawning) in Blops3:
Domination(~Strongholds) - 22%
Safeguard(AI VIP) - 5%
Hardpoint(KOTH) - 3%
Demolition(S&D with respawning) - 1%
Uplink(Ricochet) - 1%
CTF - 0%

Safeguard, demolition, uplink, and CTF have static spawns and you can easily ignore the objective, spawn trap and kill farm. Hardpoint objectives can be easily ignored, while Domination flags cannot be set to neutral after capturing, just like Strongholds. Domination is popular, others not so much.

TDM gamemodes(TDM, Kill Confirmed, FFA) make up 60% of population, Search&Destroy + Domination another 30% and 10% is left to 'kill-farmable' objective gamemodes.

Loomba

I've just added you mate, my GT is Stewarto. I'm on everyday.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
This weekend i hijacked 2 for 2 ghosts that ended up in the Austin powers position after the animation finished and I got fucked. Stupid, but funny.

tumblr_mzohof1cku1t67o27o1_400.gif

Trup1aya

Servers have been shit for me for the last few days.

It's pretty annoying when I see people one shot, I head shot them, get the red cursor and the Hitmarkers, but they some how survive.

Other times, I'll empty a pistol clip into an opponent, but do no damage at all... These instances are extremely frustrating because there doesn't appear to be any lag, I still see all of the enemies moving fluidly as if they are moving in realtime, they just aren't injured by my shots.

I did get 'from the grave' and 'Last shot' medals simultaneously this morning though. I headshotted someone, who then Melee'd me twice before my shot registered as a kill.

I've had to resort to using almost exclusively automatics, but it still seems to take way for damage to kill people. I squeezed an Storm Rifle into an opponent this morning, after he had already been hurt, and he some how pulled a reversal.

I bet to him, he felt like he owned me, but shit's fucked up.

I don't know if it's on my end, but the game had been playing damn near flawlessly for me up until this point.

Fuchsdh

Guess I'll have to play Halo CE on Legendary :p

With a decent 2nd man got my Legendary times down for the Maw, Library, and Two Betrayals by a total of 25 minutes yesterday. If I can do the Keyes bump and the AOTCR Bridge Descent, I've got it sub 3 hours no problem... were it so easy...

Speaking of lag and server issues, if you ever try to play grifball with any type of lag you are going to regret it. least with other game modes you have some chance but in grifball you might as well treat the gravity hammer as if you were holding upside down cause thats how effective it is. delay and skiping will destroy your timing and any strategy you have.

Also with grifball in mind im glad they have the option for kicking because if I have some goofball killing me anytime there is an enemy in a 10 mile radius of them that keeps swinging until they get the kill they need to take a break and understand how things work. too many times where I kill an enemy then 2 seconds later I get betrayed by a teammate because they have the reaction time of a snail. if its my friends that are doing that I dont kick them but I do give them some shit for being unable to know when to swing and when not to swing. everybody makes mistakes and so do I from time to time but getting betrayed 3 times in a row by the same teammate means two things, they are working with the enemy or they need to get their eyes checked.

With a decent 2nd man got my Legendary times down for the Maw, Library, and Two Betrayals by a total of 25 minutes yesterday. If I can do the Keyes bump and the AOTCR Bridge Descent, I've got it sub 3 hours no problem... were it so easy...

I have to check how to skip some parts. I only did the first mission on legendary yet

Tow

Neo Member

Sent you a friend request. GT is TowRob, usually on around 6pm UK time.

Lurchio

Add me please,I'm on most evenings and am equally terrible.
GT: Chief wiggum

Fuchsdh

I have to check how to skip some parts. I only did the first mission on legendary yet

You're going to need to. Even blowing through the missions with a competent team member you don't have enough time. There's a few skips that you can do (like a grenade jump up to the top floor of Truth and Reconciliation) but the advantage of the Keyes and Bridge descents are they're at the beginning of the level, and in AOTCR's case removes all enemies, while Keyes means you only have to complete the mission from the control room cutscene back. Can turn those hour-long missions into less than ten minutes a piece. Downside is, they're still pretty hard to do.

Still appreciating how much the new Spartan abilities enhance Grifball for me. Spartan Charge and quick thrusting to flank people are absolutely essential.

Akai__

Do you need help with those 2? Figured co-op is easier. Also, how much time do you need to cut? I did Keyes co-op in 4 minutes and AotCR in 11 minutes for example.

Something is seriously fucked up with the servers at the moment. Getting all kinds of weird errors...

Service Alert going on right now, that's why. "Joining other Xbox Live members in online games"http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

Halowaypoint isn't loading for me either. Pretty weird.

Top Bottom