• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

I am going to try doing it alone. If I beat all the par times I beat thr campaing in less than 3 hours. The downside is that I won't be able to pick up the legendary skulls, but whatever.

Fuchsdh

Do you need help with those 2? Figured co-op is easier. Also, how much time do you need to cut? I did Keyes co-op in 4 minutes and AotCR in 11 minutes for example.

Service Alert going on right now, that's why. "Joining other Xbox Live members in online games"http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

Halowaypoint isn't loading for me either. Pretty weird.

Help would be appreciated. If I cut both down to 10 minutes each I'd be at 2hrs58m.

G-DannY

Assuming we have a rank reset coming up, I'd really like to do some placement matches with an actual team for once.

Admittedly Im pretty shit and live my life in Low Plats most of the time (as I always solo queue) but for once I'd like to at least have a shot at something better.

Any EU side folks up for say, Wednesday evening? Do our placement matches in at least one playlist as a group?

Gamertag is same as my forum name if you want to go laugh at my stats instead.

add GDannY XBL, Italy evening time

Since ranks are likely to reset tonight, I probably won’t play any Arena today. So ends another season. It’s nice to look back on my previous seasons and see how much I’ve actually have been improving. There are times in which I don’t feel like I’m getting better, but I am. I started out as Gold 1 during preseason and this season I was able to get to 1642 Onyx. So hopefully for the March season I can start out in Onyx and see what happens.

p6Eh0SW.png

Ocho

Having paddles for jump and boost is the real deal, such an advantage. I don't think I'll feel confortable playing Halo without them. In love.

Vico

So, servers are definitely acting weird. Stuck in a loop before starting a game, got an error message all cut and blurred.

Fuchsdh

Went from Plat 1 to Plat 4 for this season, which seems to me basically as good as I can possibly be in Halo while still being a mediocre 1.0KD guy :p

What surprised me with my stats is my KD was actually higher in objective game types than in Slayer. Would have expected the opposite considering I'm definitely a "suicide for the good of the objective"-type player.

Alright. I'll practice the Keyes bump, but I think I still know how. Message me whenever.

Cool I'll hit you whenever we're both online.

NOKYARD

Having paddles for jump and boost is the real deal, such an advantage. I don't think I'll feel confortable playing Halo without them. In love.

Comn Ocho, gotta use the small paddles, fipped. ;)

Upper Left Jump
Upper Right Thrust

The paddles for halo 5 are so good. Like it was meant to be played this way right?

Agreed. The (flipped) paddles are basically my legs. I use
Upper Left Jump
Upper Right Thrust
Lower Left Crouch
Lower Right Sprint
Both Lower Paddles = Slide

With this setup i can finally play Arena and Forge without having to change layouts.

G-DannY

I am the only one using an asymmetric configuration of paddles?

Top right short paddle = melee
Bottom right long paddle = jump
Top left long paddle facing down = crouch (without crouch lock)

Fishstick button config with Y remapped to right stick press.

I probably should mention that my button layout is on default with these paddle assignments. I also use the domed for the Left Stick. Tall on the Right Stick.
-Upped sens to 5 and accel back to 3, sometimes it feels slow because pegging is a bit different for me now versus using the default stick. Also, I love having my crouch on Right Stick. Can hump bodies into the next life so proper. The Warzone Saturday Session 2 peeps probably seen me do it too much. :p

So i guess some of the differences make sense, based on play style.

JackHerer

Bumper Jumper + thrust top left paddle, scope-in on top right.

I like having zoom on a paddle because it allows me to turn auto-stabilize off and still easily do stabilize jumps. I am skeptical that having jump on a paddle would feel as good as a bumper but that's probably just because I've used BJ since H3.

Nutter

Recon for life!

I would probably love bumper jumper if I used it often. But I do not have practice with it so I stick to Recon.

I used Green Thumb until i got the elite controller.
Before the elite, I tried to assimilate to bumper jumper but felt weird and couldn't adjust.

All hail the Elite controller!

G-DannY

I probably should mention that my button layout is on default with these paddle assignments. I also use the domed for the Left Stick. Tall on the Right Stick.
-Upped sens to 5 and accel back to 3, sometimes it feels slow because pegging is a bit different for me now versus using the default stick. Also, I love having my crouch on Right Stick. Can hump bodies into the next life so proper. The Warzone Saturday Session 2 peeps probably seen me do it too much. :p

So i guess some of the differences make sense, based on play style.

Same sticks config for me. Though I use 4 sens and 5 acceleration.

With 5% inner deadzone (my elite right stick slightly started to drift down... I am mad about it, warranty voided just 3-4 days before, so I bought a new set of analogue modules to solder) and 0% outer.

OH and forgot to say: Y axis inverted :p

Spartan3PC

The left stick on my controller is starting to drift forward a bit at the slightest nudge :(

On the bright side though, my Arena req bundle is paying dividends since I'm on the Gold Pack grind. Got Lockes Legendary armour as well as three different armours, an emblem and a stance all ultra rare!

The left stick on my controller is starting to drift forward a bit at the slightest nudge :(

My latest controller is completely borked. I have major stick drift straight upward on the left stick, which makes it pretty unusable for nearly every game. I've reverted back to using my launch day controller. Need to buy a new one, but waiting to see if there are any deals.

With 5% inner deadzone (my elite right stick slightly started to drift down... I am mad about it, warranty voided just 3-4 days before, so I bought a new set of analogue modules to solder) and 0% outer.

Aren't you from Italy? Don't you have 2 years Warranty?

I never had drift on my controllers. Or maybe I don't notice it?
I need to send my to MS, but I can't be 1 month without playing ;(

With 5% inner deadzone (my elite right<script id="gpt-impl-0.5846409772078177" src="http://partner.googleadservices.com/gpt/pubads_impl_81.js"></script> stick slightly started to drift down... I am mad about it, warranty voided just 3-4 days before, so I bought a new set of analogue modules to solder) and 0% outer.

Inverted Y for life!!

G-DannY

Aren't you from Italy? Don't you have 2 years Warranty?

uhm... Maybe, have to check. On the console for sure, don't know on the accessories, but I've got the elite bundle, so probably... Anyway I don't know if I am in the mood to send the Elite (on my expenses) and then wait the new one back...

Though the sticks I purchased seems to be of higher quality than the stock ones (the analogue sticks inside the elite are just the same as a standard xbone controller...), 4 new sticks = barely 14$ from China.

Top Bottom