• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

My team just got destroyed in Warzone Assault by a group.

Their Spartan Ranks were: 123, 113, 144, 139, 116, 132, 144, 111, 140, 104, 124.

The game lasted 10 minutes, and that's only because they brought our core down to a sliver of health and camped our spawn.

Trup1aya

I didn't think it possible, but I'm pretty sure my skills have digressed from diamond to gold/plat tier...

I can't shoot for shit

G-DannY

At home ill. Played 3 warzone games. Lost 3. 3 times being the top scorer of my team.

There is something weird going on in this game out of peak hours.

Akai__

From my experience, doing placement matches on the first day, is a really bad idea. All these really good people try to get to maximum Onyx, so they can possibly reach Champion. Give it a day or 2, imo.

Ramirez

Yes, everyone grind promethean kills, otherwise it'll be 2017 before we even get the armor. ;p

I finished up the Elite, Knight, SPNKR, and Wheelman commendations last night. The cone emblem being linked to the SPNKR...?!

Chittagong

Gold Member
I won three of my placement matches and got Plat 3. I'll just grind WZ this month.

You win 3 out of 7 and still got Plat 3? The placement system truly is a dark science.

My Feb 2016 report:
Plat 1 in Team Arena, 69 wins, 54 losses, 1.02 KD, for a month that I have to play on over 200ms lag for the good part of, I think I did pretty good, highest rank was midway Plat 4 too, good enough for me.

I'd be very happy with stats like that. Very impressive with that lag, you must be a psychic.

Akai__

Yes, everyone grind promethean kills, otherwise it'll be 2017 before we even get the armor. ;p

I finished up the Elite, Knight, SPNKR, and Wheelman commendations last night. The cone emblem being linked to the SPNKR...?!

Promethean kills will become very easy once Firefight launches, I'd guess. Seriously, Firefight can't come soon enough.

I'm also missing quite a few AI enemy stuff. I think I'm only finished with Marines and Elites.

Were you playing solo?

Yes, so I expected it. Every game I lost I was the top player and there was always someone on my team that was 2-14 or something terrible. I kind of wanted to see what happened if I didn't win any at all, probably would have got plat 1.

I just find it strange that last month the game started me at Diamond 2 and I was able to grind up into the 1600s. I guess it's just luck of the draw when you play solo. Hope you get competent teammates and don't go up against 4 mans that much and during my placement matches it was the opposite of that lol.

Trup1aya

I think firefight will make that commendation a non issue.

If the Urban mongoose grenade spawn campers are disillusioned, by the helmet though, we'll never get it...

Akai__

I just don't understand how Urban launches with such awful spawns yet it takes weeks to test forge BTB maps.

They don't see these issues when they test the maps, because most of them are average player at best and don't spawn trap people like certain Spartan Companies do.

There is clearly an issue with the map/balancing, when the defender team actually starts to play the attacker.

Crv756

Banned
I think he means that Breakout is a gametype for people that don't like to play Halo, and that people that enjoy Halo don't enjoy playing Breakout.

I agree with him on that front. As someone who enjoys Halo I can say that Breakout is pretty shitty.
I love Halo and I love breakout.

Trup1aya

I just don't understand how Urban launches with such awful spawns yet it takes weeks to test forge BTB maps.

I think it's pretty easy to underestimate how deplorably a members of a community will behave. They probably didn't realize that Spartan companies would be such an effective way for so many equally annoying gamers to find each other.

As bad as the spawns are, I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to realize it could be THAT bad.

That said, 343s remix/variant philosophy as really painted them into a corner when it comes to guiding Map flow. I hope they never try this again.

Ramirez

Promethean kills will become very easy once Firefight launches, I'd guess. Seriously, Firefight can't come soon enough.

I'm also missing quite a few AI enemy stuff. I think I'm only finished with Marines and Elites.

I think firefight will make that commendation a non issue.

If the Urban mongoose grenade spawn campers are disillusioned, by the helmet though, we'll never get it...

Yea, but I doubt FF launches until the Summer, lol. the next few months seemed mapped out on that picture they released.

The armor, we should be able to get by the end of the month. However, the helmet is going to take an extremely long time. The thing is people are going to start to lose interest and start to play other games. The more time that goes on, the less people tend to play. I honestly wish that they would either reduce the requirement or raise SC to 150 or 200 players.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
The armor, we should be able to get by the end of the month. However, the helmet is going to take an extremely long time. The thing is people are going to start to lose interest and start to play other games. The more time that goes on, the less people tend to play. I honestly wish that they would either reduce the requirement or raise SC to 150 or 200 players.

I would argue that people will start to lose interest, but i would counter that argument with my personal experience so far. I play the crap out of halo 2, around 5k games. I played about 500 halo 3 and about the same or less of all the later releases since then. I went to other games. I am at the 500 mark of Halo 5 right now and I am doubling down on the game. I have so many other games to play, but all I want to do is play halo again. So unlike past games, at least for me, they have recaptured that greatness.

so ranks reset, any playlist changes?

id love to be actually able to try fiesta.

Hey 343, additions to your game dont matter if they are only in custom games.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

Dwight-Schrute-False.jpg

Ramirez

so ranks reset, any playlist changes?

id love to be actually able to try fiesta.

I'd say it's a safe bet the social playlist turns into Fiesta team slayer this weekend. (or whenever they switch that playlist)

Glass

Got a new community feedback email. They really need to make the spaces for answers bigger. Not that I'm writing essays or anything....

link1201

Campaign kills don't count do they?

Fuchsdh

Honestly, I am curious as to how they will patch this. Clipping through the geometry of the building is different from most glitches. Only thing I could think of would be to add it a perfect size kill barrier in the spot where its at.

Eh, they sorted out the issues on Halo 4 Complex pretty quickly, and that was geometry clipping too (made for some interesting Flood games at launch.)

Ugh, I wish they would have at least given us medals/scoring in the campaign. :/

Aye. MCC made me realize having scoring and medals in all the games was the best thing to happen to them.

Got a new community feedback email. They really need to make the spaces for answers bigger. Not that I'm writing essays or anything....

Atleast this time almost each question had you write something down instead of just being stricly multiple choice.

I thought it was a nice gesture to really see how im feeling. :p

link1201

Aye. MCC made me realize having scoring and medals in all the games was the best thing to happen to them.
Yeah, I actually enjoyed playing the campaign. The story line was meh but the actual encounters were fun. However, I need medals at least to get me to replay a campaign over and over. Hopefully WZ FF will scratch that itch.

Top Bottom