• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Strider

Dunno if I'd even be excited for Halo 5 on PC. It'd be Windows 10 exclusive which means it'd most likely be DOA.

Put a Halo 5 MP edition on steam and that would be really popular though.

wwm0nkey

Dunno if I'd even be excited for Halo 5 on PC. It'd be Windows 10 exclusive which means it'd most likely be DOA.

Put a Halo 5 MP edition on steam and that would be really popular though.
As long as my profile transfered I'd buy it. AA and potential removal of 30FPS animations works be so nice

jfoul

As long as my profile transfered I'd buy it. AA and potential removal of 30FPS animations works be so nice

If it ever happens I would like to see the following enhancements/options.

• 4K support
  • Full AA & AF options
  • Increased foliage detail
  • Increased texture detail
  • Increased shadow detail
  • Removal of pop-in
  • 60FPS animation for all on screen AI and Players

wwm0nkey

• 4K support
  • Full AA & AF options
  • Removal of pop-in
Oh man better texture res and AF would make this game look so much better, same with AA

TCKaos

Yes, everyone grind promethean kills, otherwise it'll be 2017 before we even get the armor. ;p

I finished up the Elite, Knight, SPNKR, and Wheelman commendations last night. The cone emblem being linked to the SPNKR...?!

Yeah, the Pirate Emblem is unlocked from the Ghost Destroyer commendation. Made very little sense.

Leyasu

Banned

• 4K support
  • Full AA & AF options
  • Removal of pop-in

Remove the 4K bit and we could well be talking about next gen halo 6 lol

Akai__

Could it be that they increased the Party Chat size to 16, because they will raise Warzone to 16vs16? Maybe that's the news Bravo will talk about?

Maybe I'm also reading too much into it, but since there are no Halo Wars 2 news, I wonder what Bravo wants to talk about.

belushy

Banned
I think it would be cool if we saw that good old "Halo Arena" idea that floats around here in Halogaf every time a new Halo game is set to come out. Now built into Windows 10.

Could it be that they increased the Party Chat size to 16, because they will raise Warzone to 16vs16? Maybe that's the news Bravo will talk about?

Maybe I'm also reading too much into it, but since there are no Halo Wars 2 news, I wonder what Bravo wants to talk about.

Nonthing maybe lol

I'm having connection problems, jhoul. I don't know if it's Halo servers or my Internet. Sorry :/
It's solved lol

Ryde3

I've said it before, round based Halo is cool, and so are the breakout maps, but the TTK is silly to me - keep it consistent. I didn't play 1 placement match in breakout this season.

Fuchsdh

If Halo 5 went to PC...

It would have the controller requirement, no keyboard love, no no, no keyboard love

:3

Honestly I still play my FPS on PC with a controller where able, and I originally grew up playing them on PC. Just what I prefer. If there were crossplay I'd almost expect they'd need some weird compensation so KB players wouldn't wreck.

Or they just bring back Halo Online and use a similar REQ system.

its so weird going from halo that gave you daily/weekly goals for mp, campaign and firefight and had campaign medals and scoring to none of that

Again guys, it won't be on Steam. you will be locked into buying it on the Windows 10 store and it won't be a full PC version.

Yes I want a H5 and MCC port to PC but I want it done right.

Fuchsdh

Again guys, it won't be on Steam. you will be locked into buying it on the Windows 10 store and it won't be a full PC version.

The former does not preclude the latter. I get the whole "I want everything through Steam" but MS is perfectly within their rights to sell you a W10 app version. It's not the end of the world.

The new NeoGAF weapon skins look pretty good in game!

sAov9HW.jpg

That looks pretty nice, like it could be an actual weapon design and not just a MP skin.

wwm0nkey

I'm okay with it honestly, they are looking into updating things to allow more user modification and fixing Vsync. It's not like it's another app I have to install like uplay

tootsi666

• 4K support
  • Full AA & AF options
  • Removal of pop-in
And I'd turn all that off and try to run the game at +200fps

singhr1

And I'd turn all that off and try to run the game at +200fps

Ah, the true next-gen feel

I wonder how many of the Xbox One-specific optimizations can just be "switched-off" and how many need to be re-engineered if you are going to put it on another platform. Like how much of the dynamic resolution changes, dynamic shadow detail changes, animation changes, etc. are on a set algorithm while how much is on a scene/level specific. We see the algorithm at work in Forge (i.e. depending on budget use, dynamic lights will be turned off at a certain distance) but how much of that crosses-over into campaign, for example?

If it can be just turned off, PC gamers will have to get the same limits of Forge as Xbox players because then the forged maps in PC would be incompatible with Xbox's set restrictions.

The only downside of the Windows store to me right now is mod support. It was huge for Halo: CE and party the reason much of my time was played on those modded Custom Edition maps. It should be possible to add mod support considering Fallout 4 on consoles is getting it. Games on Xbox One are just UWA so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Well finally met a group taking advantage of map exploit on Grifball matchmaking so guess I won't be playing that until it's patched. The best part is sitting there and riding out the match so that I don't get banned for quitting lol. Reported them but not sure if MS/343 does anything about that kind of behavior.

I assume we're getting an emblem for placing in the February season? Have they shown that off yet or given an ETA for when it should show up?

And just after I post that, Looks like it should be fixed today: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/updates/Hammer-Storm

Fixed an issue that caused invisible map barriers and walls to not function correctly, allowing players and objects to get outside the intended boundaries of a map
Fixed an issue that caused gravity volumes to not function as intended

Fuchsdh

Ah, the true next-gen feel

I wonder how many of the Xbox One-specific optimizations can just be "switched-off" and how many need to be re-engineered if you are going to put it on another platform. Like how much of the dynamic resolution changes, dynamic shadow detail changes, animation changes, etc. are on a set algorithm while how much is on a scene/level specific. We see the algorithm at work in Forge I.e. depending on budget use, dynamic lights will be turned off at a certain distance) but how much of that crosses-over into campaign, for example?

If it can be just turned off, PC gamers will have to get the same limits of Forge as Xbox players because then the forged maps in PC would be incompatible with Xbox's set restrictions.

Yeah it would be interesting. The "simple" solution you assume would just be tweaking knobs where all that stuff comes into play and at what distances, but I have to assume especially if you're focused on set hardware you might hard-code certain stuff or have inflexibilities due to other underlying elements.

Haruko

Just read about TeamBeyond's Spartan Company shading a couple of members and booting them just before getting Achilles armor.

Now I'm just waiting on the first "every member booted, must pay $ to get back in" scheme to show up somewhere, lol

Im actually afraid to finish placement games today. My last game was an embarrassment and it felt like all my shots that should have finished players off werent connecting. Yesterday I got to gold 6. If I get placed in gold again this month I'm not even going to try and climb. The problem is that I don't have the time to play a large volume of games each month like everyone and the only reason I've been playing as much as I have lately is that I'm on vacation. So in theory even though i should be able to climb the ranking ladder, it's not going to happen for me with limited games. I feel like when I play well I only win half my games. When I play bad I'm rarely carried by my teammates. Its probably a miracle I win 50 percent or more of the games I play. Fewer games played, quitters, bad teammates and the occasional hiccup bad performance makes it ridiculously hard to solo oneself very high.

Just read about TeamBeyond's Spartan Company shading a couple of members and booting them just before getting Achilles armor.

Now I'm just waiting on the first "every member booted, must pay $ to get back in" scheme to show up somewhere, lol
343 should have never made an armor that is solely attainable through spartan companies. It has screwed over just about every casual spartan company there is. Or at a minimum they should have had the requirements scale with the size of the spartan company with perhaps a minimum spartan company size.

clav

From my experience, doing placement matches on the first day, is a really bad idea. All these really good people try to get to maximum Onyx, so they can possibly reach Champion. Give it a day or 2, imo.

That sounds like Hearthstone.

IHaveIce

Banned

Veryone who is a little bit smart knows this and understands this, fuck this steam boner everyone has

yea, same shit happened to me. got booted from a spartan company just as we were getting close

Ramirez

343 should have never made an armor that is solely attainable through spartan companies. It has screwed over just about every casual spartan company there is. Or at a minimum they should have had the requirements scale with the size of the spartan company with perhaps a minimum spartan company size.

I disagree, I think the game needs more stuff to make SC matter, TBH. If you're a casual player, this stuff isn't intended for you in the first place.

Top Bottom