• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Just read about TeamBeyond's Spartan Company shading a couple of members and booting them just before getting Achilles armor.

Now I'm just waiting on the first "every member booted, must pay $ to get back in" scheme to show up somewhere, lol

Wow that's messed up. My spartan company just got the Achilles armor a few hours. Way to go Filthy Animals!

don't worry guys. the achilles armor/helm is going to be abailable in another "skin" come June. They did it with the helioskrill for all of those legendary solo MCC players.

This is just a carrot on the stick for people to play the game more. Its working. :)

Fuchsdh

So that new Xbox update is going to increase the party chat limit from 12 people to 16 people.

Full party customs!

Definitely nice. Even better is that it's coming to 360 as well and they've merged a lot of the activity stuff. Making the last-gem platform feel like it belongs, and GwG will be available on XB1 to "buy" finally.

Trup1aya

Again guys, it won't be on Steam. you will be locked into buying it on the Windows 10 store and it won't be a full PC version.

Yes I want a H5 and MCC port to PC but I want it done right.

I don't Really care about what store a game is sold in. I just want the game to take full advantage of my PCs capabilities...

UWA's are currently limited compared to .exe's. If they fix that, I'd be all over any game that comes to the Win10 store. I don't see how people complain about being "locked in" to a store, but then are only opens to using one store anyway...

Just read about TeamBeyond's Spartan Company shading a couple of members and booting them just before getting Achilles armor.

Now I'm just waiting on the first "every member booted, must pay $ to get back in" scheme to show up somewhere, lol

WOW

I wouldnt do that

no sir

not I

Sai

What's this 149MB update about?

yea, like an ingame menu for em would be a good start.
Definitely needs to be viewable in-game. I wouldn't even mind quick access to some kind of Halo Channel integration For Spartan Companies, so long as it wasn't cumbersome.

IHaveIce

Banned

who are the admins of that company? Saucey and Cyren?, because that totally sounds like a thing these 2 would do

Haruko

who are the admins of that company? Saucey and Cyren?, because that totally sounds like a thing these 2 would do

It sounds like it was Moa (had beef with the kicked user(s)) or Infinity (decided to do a late purge of inactives right before they got Achilles, but denies booting the actually active user in question).

They claim it was unintentional, but the active guy who got booted brought it to Moa's attention over an hour before Achilles was reached and was told he'd look into it, and nothing was apparently done about it. So even IF it was a mistake, it was handled poorly...

Cyren seems like a decent dude to me, idk. I don't think he'd have time to micromanage the SC anyway.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Can't authenticate with servers :/
edit: I think the updated was just borked.

link1201

I'm fairly certain I'll end up in bronze for SWAT. I have been doing a lot of sc-ing and the last few games I've seen quite a few bronze/silver players.

I disagree, I think the game needs more stuff to make SC matter, TBH. If you're a casual player, this stuff isn't intended for you in the first place.
Im just looking at all the stuff that is happening to spartan companies. Players being booted for not being active enough. Players leaving their original companies to join larger companies. Small spartan companies between friends dying because it's the only way they have a chance at getting special armor. I don't mind having stuff that makes being in a spartan company more meaningful but an armor with the requirements for Achilles is not the way imo.

Ramirez

Im just looking at all the stuff that is happening to spartan companies. Players being booted for not being active enough. Players leaving their original companies to join larger companies. Small spartan companies between friends dying because it's the only way they have a chance at getting special armor. I don't mind having stuff that makes being in a spartan company more meaningful but an armor with the requirements for Achilles is not the way imo.

I mean it's a set of armor for hardcore players to chase. If those people don't want booted, they'd play more often. They more than likely don't care, and that's fine too!

It's perfectly fine for games to have stuff that not everyone can obtain.

It's actually kind of fun for me, I can play badly and like an idiot and still do well.
I kind of wish there was a way to start out at bronze 1. Getting into gold would be easy enough and a lot of fun in the process.
I mean it's a set of armor for hardcore players to chase. If those people don't want booted, they'd play more often. They more than likely don't care, and that's fine too!

It's perfectly fine for games to have stuff that not everyone can obtain.
This is true, but at the same time the impact it's having on smaller spartan companies is kind of sad. Probably not what 343 intended.

So I haven't played in a while, was going through the settings and noticed the look acceleration. but mostly the dead zone settings. Are there optimal choices for these settings? I can't tell a huge difference when changing them.

Also, I forgot how hard it is to aim on Halo 5 compared to the others. I find myself overcompensating a lot and completely missing.

Haruko

This is true, but at the same time the impact it's having on smaller spartan companies is kind of sad. Probably not what 343 intended.

I wish it was set up kind of like GTAO's crews, i.e. where you can be a member of multiple Spartan Companies at once but only "rep" one at a time.

Like, make your stats appear for all of your Companies' Service Records, but you can only pick 1 Company to direct your commendation participation towards.

Ramirez

I kind of wish there was a way to start out at bronze 1. Getting into gold would be easy enough and a lot of fun in the process.

What is it doing to them? SCs were worthless before the addition of Achilles, lol.

Diamond 2 is an actual placement for me. Welcome to the bad at the game club, enjoy your stay.

I am IN on playing some Stelly comp.

Ocho

So I haven't played in a while, was going through the settings and noticed the look acceleration. but mostly the dead zone settings. Are there optimal choices for these settings? I can't tell a huge difference when changing them.

Also, I forgot how hard it is to aim on Halo 5 compared to the others. I find myself overcompensating a lot and completely missing.

Add inner deadzone if you stick is broken and drifts, otherwise there's no need imo. Outer deadzone if you want to hit turn accelaration quicker.

link1201

Here's the run down from 343:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-5-advanced-controller-settings

Here is one setting to try with the Zones...

inner - 0
outer - 8

yea man. I just played a game where two of my teammates had a combined 130 damage. ofc zero kills. super fun losing like that.

Well there is nothing you can do about your teammates (unless you play in a group). So there's really no point in worrying about it.

A little off-topic with some reeling in. Phil Spencer on upgrading hardware with backward/forward compat.

How would you guys feel if Halo always released on a new xbox console with a 3-4 year cycle? the main headliner to move to the next xbox?

Since we have REQ in place to always have support post launch, i dont think there would be much splitting in the community, if communication is handled right of course.

What do you guys think?

Top Bottom