• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Vico

I think the new spartan rank's progress bar is bugged. It's still showing the same progression even though I've actually just gained a level.

BraXzy

Have custom games gametype selection been fixed? I don't see it in the patch notes. The option to change team in the pause menu helps but it'd be nice if everything worked as intended.

Really great to see a bunch of new Forge pieces getting added already. RIP Goat's covenant crate dream.

Also, does anyone have a screenshot example of this? :3

Spartan Rank Progress now appears under all players’ nameplate

Ramirez

Was the radar always off in Arena Breakout? I don't feel like it was...or am I getting old...?

Also, does anyone have a screenshot example of this?

it's a very thin line under your emblem card, either blue or yellow, I honestly can't remember...I am getting old.

BraXzy

The kill ball looks dope :O

Sauron's tower anyone?

b4f6b5dd2e.png

BraXzy

Sai

Everything unlocked. Gonna play a quick game of Warzone to try out the Halo 2 BR.
... Where the heck is it?! D:<

Collection menu says it's under a new miscellaneous category, which I'm not seeing in my Warzone REQ menu. :/

blamite

Have the REQ's gone up yet? Want to spend those 30k.
Look at your req collection in-game and if you see them, you should be able to get them. Easiest way is to look for a "miscellaneous" category in your loadout weapons (that's where the H2 BR is).

Madness

I think Achilles can still be gotten in the REQ system no? Just says ultra rare, and Josh did say that everything from pre-order bonuses to promotional stuff would be able to be gotten in a pack. Or is this the one helmet/armor that is definitely locked to only Spartan Company commendations?

Akai__

Look at your req collection in-game and if you see them, you should be able to get them. Easiest way is to look for a "miscellaneous" category in your loadout weapons (that's where the H2 BR is).

I was F5'ing Waypoint like crazy but they have yet to show up. I'll jump on H5 in a minute just to buy the stuff.

BraXzy

We got working moving spotlights too, its only a matter of time until the Nazgûls find you

That's pretty dope. And also scary D:

Wow, I didn't think they'd even contemplate it. I wonder how much of that is down to stuff like that supposed anonymous pro poll on Beyond. I love Breakout but I agree with the rest that it doesn't fit for the HCS.

I think Achilles can still be gotten in the REQ system no? Just says ultra rare, and Josh did say that everything from pre-order bonuses to promotional stuff would be able to be gotten in a pack. Or is this the one helmet/armor that is definitely locked to only Spartan Company commendations?

I half expected that to be the case but if that is true.. That is so so so dumb. If they are gonna give out rewards for these ridiculous lifetime required commendations, they should be exclusive.

Ramirez

That would be stupid to even mention the commendation levels then, because pretty much anyone who plays this game regularly will unlock it WAY before anyone completes all of the commendations, lol.

S2ey0q8.gif

BraXzy

That would be stupid to even mention the commendation levels then, because pretty much anyone who plays this game regularly will unlock it WAY before anyone completes all of the commendations, lol.

Yup. You'd unlock it long before you got the 250 million kills or whatever the tier 5's end up being. I mean, the ridonkulous SC commendations required are just are silly as it being freely available.

belushy

Banned
Full shields would be my choice to try. I like arena breakout more because of that.

Yeah I wanted to see Arena Breakout at a high level for HWC but the pros hate it even more then normal Breakout lol

They say they don't like it because its impossible to come back if you're down a person or something like that(at a high level).

Karl2177

First impressions of the Warzone changes aren't good. I feel like there's waaaaaaay too much shit going on now. Not sure if it is the faster progression or people going back to their downed weapons.

BraXzy

Nice clip! But you should've sprinted for the sniper and got a cross map no scope over kill to really impress me ;)

First impressions of the Warzone changes aren't good. I feel like there's waaaaaaay too much shit going on now. Not sure if it is the faster progression or people going back to their downed weapons.

5 -> 20 seconds seemed like a crazy jump, I wonder if they'll potentially pick a middle ground of 10 or so.

Ramirez

I had a feeling it would basically turn into a Heavies match, heh.

GG's beautiful people, I feel I'm the moral victor in our Destruction Derby match.

In another, more accurate way, however, Myke's team was the winner.

Why are people so agganist breakout? It's a good game type that has all of the competitive aspects. It always feels the greatest to start getting a comeback. Only problem I could see is maybe maps and grenades.

Caja 117

HaloGaf, I have been thinking a lot lately about opening up with the group, I know that I do some posting around Halo OT, yet I don't think anyone Have me in XBL, starting today I will change my ways, and be more social, I will start adding everyone here and, even tough I'm have very limited time to play, I'm always opened to joining invite, for anything, Customs, Warzone, Arena, BTB, even Time Slaying Lobby. My GT is on my Profile info.

and I might be a Platinum in Rank, but I'm a champion by heart

Now, is there a place where I can gather GT as fast and easy as possible?

Madness

Got JiP'ed into a match on Stormbreak that is already down 4 people, and it's 100 something to 600 something with the other team having ghost ultra and scorpions and whatnot.

Couldn't even leave because I had clicked Rare RP Boost before as well. How is this still allowed? Give me the choice of waiting for a fair match from start than be forced to play a shitfest like that.

Ramirez

Why are people so agganist breakout? It's a good game type that has all of the competitive aspects. It always feels the greatest to start getting a comeback. Only problem I could see is maybe maps and grenades.

Because if you're playing good people, the comebacks aren't going to happen, especially at the level those guys are playing at.

Sounds like it's time to farm some kills on Urban for the good of the SC! ;P

BraXzy

Yup. Downright embarrassing that they thought that was acceptable.

Not good to hear. After being hand crafted and all :3

Now, is there a place where I can gather GT as fast and easy as possible?

Don't feel pressured to be on or anything, feel free to add anyone. There's no obligation to play often :)

I'll add you next time I'm on, or feel free to add me: BraXzyy

BraXzy

Finished my silver packs with the very last bit of points I'd saved up for today. Onto the gold grind tomorrow.

If you had silver packs done prior, how many bronze/silvers did it take to get back to gold? I assume there's come common to unlock again?

Glass

If you had silver packs done prior, how many bronze/silvers did it take to get back to gold? I assume there's come common to unlock again?

Think I was hovering around 60k when I started opening the silvers. Got 1 unlock and 1500 Req's back on the final pack which left me at 3k I think.

Top Bottom