• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Guess this counts as a Combat Evolved.

Trup1aya

Yeah but people hate that the sword is still on overgrowth and not the shoty when the real problem was always that with camo.
Now we know for a fact camo is not on red side that is so much closer to blue. It's so easy to run to grab camo right after scatter shot. Sure the other team can shoot them but if they get away or use that time to set up it's always hell. Why I hate the rig on most game types.

I don't know man, getting the camo is not trivial for blue team at all... Red team actually has the set up advantage on Rig, despite the scattershot being on Blue side.

Fuchsdh

Current one is 22" but I don't really mind...

I've been rocking an ASUS VE228H for years at this point. Very low latency, good colors, and it's got HDMI, DVI and VGA (I use it as a secondary monitor for my PC alongside my Xbox) plus decent enough speakers if you need them in a pinch. It's $110 on Amazon for me.

singhr1

Who is that?! Lt Wasp?

Or an Optic player from the looks of the overlay? Damn. #Millionare

Flamesword. He's streaming this right now. http://www.twitch.tv/flamesword

EDIT: He doesn't get that he should open the Golds/Silvers first, get permanent unlocks, then open his dailies. Get certs, then you'll stop getting ghosts and overshields in ever pack.

EDIT 2: LOL He just learned what a certification means. Happy day for Flamesword.

E92 M3

Riptide is a questionable map, but my goodness: Pick up the Halo 2 BR and get 2 perfects in a row. It's like I am home again. It feeeeels so good. Took me back.

I don't know man, getting the camo is not trivial for blue team at all... Red team actually has the set up advantage on Rig, despite the scattershot being on Blue side.
Idk just its a situation where if the person with scatter gets the camo it is so easy to do good with that. Just have problems with that map, snips should be where camo is at and camo be at the place you activate the dune worm. Or get rid of camo.

BizzyBum

So with no more super slide and fall is it just best to have maintain sprint on or is there another advantage to having it off still?

Toggle crouch will still be off regardless as I like that better.

So most improved weapon from Halo 4 to Halo 5 has to be the Light Rifle right? That thing went from super bland unsatisfying rifle to amazing transforming destroyer.

Akai__

Map rotation is an absolute joke in this game, can't believe it still hasn't gotten better

I really don't understand why the map rotation doesn't work like it did in the Beta. You would actually play an other map each time. This is also why a Veto system would actually have been better. You would have a chance to play an other map instead of the same map over and over again. Screw map voting, though.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
So most improved weapon from Halo 4 to Halo 5 has to be the Light Rifle right? That thing went from super bland unsatisfying rifle to amazing transforming destroyer.

while its no longer as bland i hate using it in 5. i feel like there is some sort of delay between me pulling the trigger and the gun firing. perhaps its just the laser fx, but it really throws me off.

BraXzy

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

I live in the UK so this is perfect :p

Can never be too sure with GAF, glad to help. Which are ya going for? The BenQ has a decent response time for gaming as far as budget monitors go and it has a crazy amount of good reviews on Amazon.

I'm still available if you guys finally can agree 343i has no idea what they are doing with playlists.

#HireJuices

blamite

The suppressor and boltshot had great redesigns as well. I'm actually picking them both up a lot and getting kills with them.

One thing Halo 5 can't be faulted for is having a great sandbox of weapons that all feel worth using (well, aside from the plasma caster...).

I really don't understand why the map rotation doesn't work like it did in the Beta. You would actually play an other map each time. This is also why a Veto system would actually have been better. You would have a chance to play an other map instead of the same map over and over again. Screw map voting, though.

We either need the system from the Beta back or we need to be able to veto again. Map voting can stay dead, but I wanna play a cross section and not have to pray every time a dedi starts up for Noctus.

So in warzone assault Me and my friends were playing on summit and once the enemies pushed us back to our core. Then when I was driving around on a jacked warthog I went to their spawn only to find like 7+ ghost of varying types waiting to group up... Needless to say they swarmed us and almost destroyed us but went on to succeeding. Wasn't even mad when they won cause that was one of the coolest things ever.

mo60

Does anyone know if I have to open bronze packs again because I'm not sure how many new reqs I would have to unlock at the bronze level?

belushy

Banned
Damn that really was a quick turn around. I wonder if any players who have done their fair amount of Breakout grinding will be annoyed by the decision? Certain teams really dominate in it.

Yeah, I think all of Allegiance was in favor of Breakout staying.

Fuchsdh

The suppressor and boltshot had great redesigns as well. I'm actually picking them both up a lot and getting kills with them.

One thing Halo 5 can't be faulted for is having a great sandbox of weapons that all feel worth using (well, aside from the plasma caster...).

I still miss the old Boltshot. Was playing Halo 4 on MCC the other day and it's just plain way more fun to use it versus any other shotgun. I liked the idea of the Forerunner weapons having secondary functions too.

Strider

OverGrowth is still 100% awful to me. It's not gonna matter what weapons you put on there. It's way too cramped... Tight narrow hallways just don't do it for me.

Top Bottom