• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Why are people so agganist breakout? It's a good game type that has all of the competitive aspects. It always feels the greatest to start getting a comeback. Only problem I could see is maybe maps and grenades.

Did you not aee the pros having 1v1 ties cause they just sat against a wall until the timer ran out???? Thats not halo.....

Who cares about XP?

Right!? All a out that RP boosts shawtaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Madness

Wtf! Warzone Assault, tearing it up, just called a Banshee out, and the game sends me back to main menu. First time since launch that's ever happened.

Karl2177

5 -> 20 seconds seemed like a crazy jump, I wonder if they'll potentially pick a middle ground of 10 or so.

I had a feeling it would basically turn into a Heavies match, heh.

That's part of it. I think the new progression speed adds a lot to it. Someone got a sniper out before Tankmaster Rok and slaughtered everyone on our team on the way to him. In all of my matches so far there have been Whiplashes while the middle base was being captured.

Trup1aya

That's part of it. I think the new progression speed adds a lot to it. Someone got a sniper out before Tankmaster Rok and slaughtered everyone on our team on the way to him. In all of my matches so far there have been Whiplashes while the middle base was being captured.

I'm all for Warzone being crazier and more Warzoney...

Tawpgun

I wouldn't mind seeing Arena Breakout in esports.

But people would be against it for the same reason they were against regular breakout. It's too far of a departure from the rest of the gametypes.

Regular breakout was just off the wall dumb for being in there in the first place.

Different starter weapons, different health model, different maps, one life.

At least with Arena Breakout its like playing a seperate gametype on the same maps.

Snackawho

If you had told me that Riptide was a remix of fathom and I wasn't told that I honestly would not believe you. It looks nothing like fathom. Did a good job with this one.

Magwik

Banned
So I traded in Fallout and Rainbow Six into GameStop and grabbed a $50 XBL card and spent it all on REQ packs
cJlBUVL.gif

But people would be against it for the same reason they were against regular breakout. It's too far of a departure from the rest of the gametypes.

Regular breakout was just off the wall dumb for being in there in the first place.

At least with Arena Breakout its like playing a seperate gametype on the same maps.

Agree 100%

Haruko

From Beyond:

"You can spawn with the Halo 2 BR! You just need to choose the Snipers gametype and then you can change the starting weapon to whatever you like. "

jem0208

Arena Breakout is really bad.

It revolves almost entirely around who gets the first pick in high level play, being a man down is such a massive disadvantage.

It has all the problems of normal breakout but it completely lacks that comeback factor.

Did you not aee the pros having 1v1 ties cause they just sat against a wall until the timer ran out???? Thats not halo.....

Dang missed out on that... But idk aside from pros I just see an overall general dislike of the game type. It's fun especially with some of those community maps, it's always fun for competitive play for me and my friends.

Another thing I don't get being discussed is with overgrows weapon placement, the shotgun was right next to camo so makes sense they would change that. Next problem is out the rig with scatter shot and camo, no matter what those two things together is complete bull.

Dang missed out on that... But idk aside from pros I just see an overall general dislike of the game type. It's fun especially with some of those community maps, it's always fun for competitive play for me and my friends.

Another thing I don't get being discussed is with overgrows weapon placement, the shotgun was right next to camo so makes sense they would change that. Next problem is out the rig with scatter shot and camo, no matter what those two things together is complete bull.

343s part time job is to troll us.

:p

I have been enjoying breakout more with those community maps but slayer is king for me.

Yeah I wanted to see Arena Breakout at a high level for HWC but the pros hate it even more then normal Breakout lol

They say they don't like it because its impossible to come back if you're down a person or something like that(at a high level).
Know what could help with that?

Halo_1_pistol.png

Soon.

link1201

I think Achilles can still be gotten in the REQ system no? Just says ultra rare, and Josh did say that everything from pre-order bonuses to promotional stuff would be able to be gotten in a pack. Or is this the one helmet/armor that is definitely locked to only Spartan Company commendations?
I'd say the Achilles stuff falls outside of this. I'd imagine it's like certain emblems that are restricted to commendations regardless of the rarity of the emblem.

Trup1aya

Nah, that's really not an issue on rig, because the camo actually spawns on the red side of the map, and the scattershot on blue. Also, immediately after match start, both teams have LoS on where both spawn.

In overgrowth, the shotty and camo are both given to one team.

H2 BR is god, 2 carbines are pretty dope. Skins look cool and add some playfulness. Urban spawns straight awful, but map is ok. Riptide looks awesome. I'm Happyish.

Probably another 3+ weeks till Achilles Helmet :/

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Wow, I am out of the loop. Just found out that Halo will be played at X-Games Aspen.

Trup1aya

H2 BR is god, 2 carbines are pretty dope. Skins look cool and add some playfulness. Urban spawns straight awful, but map is ok. Riptide looks awesome. I'm Happyish.

Probably another 3+ weeks till Achilles Helmet :/

Just 3 weeks until the helmet? What Halo God's are in your Spartan Company?

God fucking dammit, my monitor broke :(

Anyone know of a semi-decent monitor that a poor student could afford?

This is the second time I have heard this from you in the past year. =(

Played the new map. It looks beautiful, but I have some major gripes with it:
-Halo 2 BR makes me want it to replace the ugly default one
-weird grav lift in the way that just shoots you overly high to a platform you can easily clamber to. It's pointless and in the way
-a lot of low ledges and props on walls and floors that have ridiculous invisible walls. There is no creativity allowed in your movements

Nah, that's really not an issue on rig, because the camo actually spawns on the red side of the map, and the scattershot on blue. Also, immediately after match start, both teams have LoS on where both spawn.

In overgrowth, the shotty and camo are both given to one team.

Yeah but people hate that the sword is still on overgrowth and not the shoty when the real problem was always that with camo.
Now we know for a fact camo is not on red side that is so much closer to blue. It's so easy to run to grab camo right after scatter shot. Sure the other team can shoot them but if they get away or use that time to set up it's always hell. Why I hate the rig on most game types.

Urban looks really nice and all in that night setting but I'm only now just realizing that I'm tired of fighting in and around THE SAME FUCKING WARZONE BUILDINGS

I feel like a real douche though when I'm complaining about all this free content.

jem0208

This is the second time I have heard this from you in the past year. =(

Yup, I've not had much luck with technology recently :(

Last time it was only a converter I use between my Xbox and monitor (I've got a weird setup) so it was pretty cheap to replace. However, it just happened to break 30 minutes after Halo 5 released. Not even kidding. Very annoyingly the replacement I ordered arrived broken so I couldn't play H5 properly until a few days after it released.

Then the other day my headphones I've had for years decided to break, again the new ones I ordered arrived broken.

Now my actual monitor is broken :/

Urban looks really nice and all in that night setting but I'm only now just realizing that I'm tired of fighting in and around THE SAME FUCKING WARZONE BUILDINGS

I feel like a real douche though when I'm complaining about all this free content.

Ur not a douche. You have experienced much better before. So have I.

Its easier to reuse those assets instead of making new interesting ones.

just dawned on me how many vehicles were on the Halo 3 BTB maps.

Rat's Nest had 9 vehicles lol

Also how did that game get away with 2 overshields on a map like Citadel? lol

Welfare

So Urban has not released yet, right? That's gotta be it, seeing as I've played 9 Warzone Assault games and have not run into it.

Welfare

team area removal too then?

Arena Breakout already replaced it, unless they remove that as well.

So much time and resources went into this mode that inevitably failed. Makes me even more salty that we have to wait until the end of February to get just some of the old gametypes.

Lol got it as my first game. Too bad my REQ unlocks were terrible. RNGods really pick and choose their battles

It's ironic because I got Noctus my first game after that update. Maybe #10 will be the one.

FIX THIS

Madness

So Urban has not released yet, right? That's gotta be it, seeing as I've played 9 Warzone Assault games and have not run into it.

I lucked out and got it my second try. Just don't back out, or I think you maybe might restart the 'search' and it forgets you may have played the previous maps already?

The new despawn timer is definitely creating a lot of chaos. So many dropped weapons and special REQ's sticking around.

Welfare

I lucked out and got it my second try. Just don't back out, or I think you maybe might restart the 'search' and it forgets you may have played the previous maps already?

I wish it worked like that, but no, the system selecting maps is complete random garbage. I stayed in the same lobby for like 5 of those games.

Edit: People actually use the SC forum?

Top Bottom