• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

TCKaos

l64T0FX.jpg

RIP

We should get Warden as a pessimistic announcer and Exuberant as an optimistic one.

"Your forces have secured the West Armory. Tell me, human, what will you truly accomplish by destroying their core? Another tally mark for the war machine simulacrums that ultimately bear nothing?"

"You have successfully destroyed the enemy core beyond repair. The false fruits of this endeavor are yours to consume."

"I'll start. When you reach REQ Level 9, you intend to...?"

"Oh! It appears the enemy team has gained an early foothold in eliminating Commander Lochagos. I'm sure you can mount a comeback by taking out Captain Wamik, though!"

"I've been analyzing tactical data related to your requisition deployments. I didn't realize the Covenant had the ability to utilize nuclear isomers - how exotic!"

"Ignoring the damage your core is sustaining would be an act of surrender!"

Now that I think about it, I kind of wish the game had in-game stat tracking for each piece of gear, similar to what Rocket League does. Would be cool to see how many kills I've gotten wearing the Anubis helmet or how many assists I've gotten while using the Midnight visor. Little stuff like that really intrigues me.

It's nice, now that I have everything unlocked, gold packs essentially cost 4000 RP as I get 6000 back each time. I'll be collecting a pool of RP for the next update, but I also want to get more CE pistols.

Cranster

Banned
Now that I think about it, I kind of wish the game had in-game stat tracking for each piece of gear, similar to what Rocket League does. Would be cool to see how many kills I've gotten wearing the Anubis helmet or how many assists I've gotten while using the Midnight visor. Little stuff like that really intrigues me.
The lack of in-game stats is a travesty in Halo 5. Did 343i really have a meeting one day and say, "you know what fans don't like? Looking at Medals and their "Tool of Destruction in the in-game post-carnage lobby"!

Medals and ToD stats were staples since Halo 3 and 343i should patch it back in.

BraXzy

man.. im so jelous, cause i want the shinobi helm.

these silvers take forever.... sigh

There is always light at the end of the tunnel.. I felt like it was taking forever then suddenly they were gone.

In other news, Waypoint bugged for a sec and I thought I could buy a Lamborghini... It fixed itself ofc.

68364bbfdd9d0d6f22270349ab71ced8.png

link1201

We should get Warden as a pessimistic announcer and Exuberant as an optimistic one.

"Your forces have secured the West Armory. Tell me, human, what will you truly accomplish by destroying their core? Another tally mark for the war machine simulacrums that ultimately bear nothing?"

"You have successfully destroyed the enemy core beyond repair. The false fruits of this endeavor are yours to consume."

"Oh! It appears the enemy team has gained an early foothold in eliminating Commander Lochagos. I'm sure you can mount a comeback by taking out Captain Wamik, though!"

"I've been analyzing tactical data related to your requisition deployments. I didn't realize the Covenant had the ability to utilize nuclear isomers - how exotic!"

Hopefully they'll incorporate some of the fiction into FF at least.

Would pay GOOD money for this. Heck, throw in the Didact too.

Ramirez

Fuuuuu... Carbine is quite possibly my favorite weapon in all of Halo. I know it's not a popular choice but it's so damn quick and satisfying

It looks cool, but it is EXTREMELY small, lol. I'm hoping the AR is much bigger, because he wants that too. I think it cost $50 though, Carbine was only $20, so it'll probably be a lot bigger.

JackHerer

I bought a carbine and magnum boomco for both my half-brothers. They are 6 and 10 years old and love them. They are pretty cool, the magnum is my favorite, it looks pretty close to the in-game one.

That AR looks pretty badass with the pump-action auto fire.

Chittagong

Gold Member
It really seems the medals do not affect MM. I got downranked to Silver due to really shitty team mates in the placement matches, but I still get matched almost exclusively with mid-high golds who all have 300+ games under their belt. Which is perfect.

The whole point of the 5v5 social may be to keep people interested in 4v4 ranked playlists, but all it does is just make me not want to play the game.

The bottom line is this: Halo 5 S U C K S when playing arena alone, so I really want a social playlist where I can relax on the arena maps without being graced by kill farmers, bad teammates against teams of tryhards, terrible spawns because maps are overcrowded, etc.. It's just not fun.

It's. Not. Fun. And trust me, I know fun™
I think the Phaeton is only an 8. I don't think there IS a 9 yet.
I'm surprised they didn't make the CE Pistol a level 9 REQ. It's unnecessarily rare as is, and them not making it projectile seems like they just want to kill dreams of it being a loadout weapon somewhere because who the hell would argue in favor of it as a hitscan weapon? At best it could appear as a map pickup, but even then it should be limited to a magazine or two. It's not fair :/

CE forever getting the shaft is so disappointing.

BraXzy

A friend of mine is getting me a good deal on a set of Astro A50's for $50.

Call me HYPED

WEBCAM MIC NO LONGER

Damn that's a nice deal. I have a pair of A40's and they're fantastic, I got a good deal but nothing quite like that steal!

I spent all 60k of my REQ points gained from selling trash and opened the 12 gold/premium packs I'd saved. Still no mister chief rainbow pistol skin :(

It really seems the medals do not affect MM. I got downranked to Silver due to really shitty team mates in the placement matches, but I still get matched almost exclusively with mid-high golds who all have 300+ games under their belt. Which is perfect.
I feel like even though I'm in gold I consistently get pitted against a mix of plats and golds, and occasionally some diamonds. It's like the game knows I shouldn't be playing against purely gold, but refuses to throw me a bone to get out of gold lol. I watch these clips of people playing against completely clueless players and wonder why i've never had that happen to me but maybe once or twice since i started playing halo 5. I want into bronze at this point :3

Damn that's a nice deal. I have a pair of A40's and they're fantastic, I got a good deal but nothing quite like that steal!

I spent all 60k of my REQ points gained from selling trash and opened the 12 gold/premium packs I'd saved. Still no mister chief rainbow pistol skin :(

plz tell him to hook me up

They're not brand new, unfortunately. They were his old pair, and he said the battery is slowly starting to have a hard time holding it's charge for as long, (6 hours instead of the 8 when they were brand new, he said).

He's getting a new set sometime this week, but I trust him enough not to screw me over and whatnot.

Top Bottom