• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Haruko

I found Divison to be incredibly boring. Super generic game all around... Movement and gunplay mediocre at best. Pass.

It's all about that Dark Zone intrigue. The open beta was the first time in years I've seen so many people using game/proximity chat on an Xbox title.

(I should add, and it wasn't incoherent babble/music/screaming babies on a Kinect mic. It was actual game chat, some of it borderline RP which worked pretty well)

Haruko

yeah but you know what had review copies?

Halo MCC
Street Fighter 5
Driveclub.

Games with a heavy online focus, im fine with waiting on.

The Division has also had 1 open beta, 1 closed beta (that many people got in by preordering/cancelling on Amazon), and 1 closed alpha, so it's not like we're going into it completely blind either.

E92 M3

No commendations, medals or stats for the social playlist?
sick.gif

I haven't even played a ranked game since reset and I won't anymore at all unless I have a full team now that we have an actual social playlist. All social + Warzone for me. I would hate to miss out on medals and stats just because I play social most of the time when in Arena.

Really hoping they add medals in-game soon so I don't have to go on waypoint

Hmm, doesn't make sense that they count stats in Social, but medals and commendations don't.

Palmers face when she says that:

The worst is when you're on the attacking side in WZ Assault and you capture a base and she says, "Time reset," like she's disappointed and angry. Like, Palmer, we're winning dude. Be happy. No idea why they didn't just record two versions of that sound bite.

The worst is when you're on the attacking side in WZ Assault and you capture a base and she says, "Time reset," like she's disappointed and angry. Like, Palmer, we're winning dude. Be happy. No idea why they didn't just record two versions of that sound bite.
I've always thought this too. Like cheer up!

There should be an overwhelmingly negative one to counteract Palmer. "We lost the armory? Oh man we are fucked, there's no way we can take out the enemy core."

How about whatsherface, the new Monitor from campaign?

"Oh, you lost all the bases? Well... you tried!"

Exuberant Witness, that was it.

Try to keep them short and to the point. Cut out any unnecessary things. I try to keep them between 3-4 seconds, anything longer and I just link the video.

Thanks, the problem is that I can't post videos like that on my channel unless I make them unlisted mmm today I will upload another one to test everything

There should be an overwhelmingly negative one to counteract Palmer. "We lost the armory? Oh man we are fucked, there's no way we can take out the enemy core."
That would be hilarious. 343 definitely needs to implement multiple voice-overs that are dependent upon the score of the game. Equally funny would be embellished reactions to teams that somehow come back from deficits to win.

Anyone have a good strategy for Strongholds on Torque?

Strongholds is incredibly hard to play on that map due to all 3 bases are basically disconnected from each other and it is almost impossible to have a sight line on two bases at once, I'd focus on controlling the top bases because the power-ups spawn near them, and doing so also forces the opponent to spawn around the middle and in red/blue bases which are easy to get a sight line on. Also the H2 BR are near the top bases.

Anyone have a good strategy for Strongholds on Torque?

Put down the controller and wait until it's over.

Strongholds is awful on Torque.

Actually, just playing Strongholds with randoms is absolute garbage. People don't understand that sometimes you can just hold and defend two strongholds without having to go for the third. You know, an actual strategy. Most matches end up just being a stupid back and forth merry go round of teams capturing one point, dying then capturing another.

clav

Whoever thought making Jeff Steitzer announcing how many seconds the enemy team is scoring in strongholds should play the gametype.

Absolutely blood boiling and rage inducing.

I already fucking know how many seconds. My team sucks.

Also I dislike the lines added like: "Enemy team about to win!"

Who the fuck thought that was a good idea? I already know that. I can read the fucking score.

Make the same guy who voices the dudebro Strongholds/Breakout coannouncer reply to her. "No Palmer. We're screwed."

After all, the game plays the defeatist/loser music when you're losing a lot.

BraXzy

Finally got around to using the chrome extensions thingamabob.. I had some crazy amounts of stuff, considering nowadays I instasell 99% of REQs.

I had next to no points yesterday so I am very curious to see how much I have once I've done some spring cleaning. I'm not selling all of everything, just keeping like 5/10 of a thing instead of keeping 40 or so.

Fuchsdh

Just have Black Box berate you whichever side you're on.

"Oh, lost another armory, this will look wonderful on your performance review."

"Congratulations! You captured the nonexistent core in a meaningless exercise that will fail to fill the void in your pointless fleshy existence!"

Finally got around to using the chrome extensions thingamabob.. I had some crazy amounts of stuff, considering nowadays I instasell 99% of REQs.

I had next to no points yesterday so I am very curious to see how much I have once I've done some spring cleaning. I'm not selling all of everything, just keeping like 5/10 of a thing instead of keeping 40 or so.

Yeah I start to accumulate stuff if I'm not careful so every so often I go through and sell everything down to 5 or less; only thing I hoard are Ghost and Banshee Ultras.

BraXzy

Ground vehicle kills isn't really a problem, instead of calling in weapons just call in vehicles.

Don't worry I got this!

Holyyyyyyyy crap, I thought my stock was getting excessive. Don't forget you get matched up in Warzone partially based on your REQ collection so if you're having a bad time in Warzone that could be a factor :3

I almost always play in a party now and never have to experience JiP, a disable option would be nice though.

I really hope we see some new aesthetics in the Arena maps, some more organic locales would be nice, Sanghelios is also ripe for map design in both the ruins and the modern city. Map design is most important of course, Torque is a good map, but aesthetics help bolster the map.

Glass

I honestly don't mind joining a heavily losing game. I'm not invested in the match, it'll be over in a minute or two, and I get some REQ points for my time.
Edit: In Warzone.

Where is this happening?

On the HCS twitter, theyre revealing teams every 30 mins.

Top Bottom