• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Tell Fero to stay home tho....
Nope she can definitely show up.
MV5BNDgxOTI1NDkyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDA1OTk2Nw@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Your "Medal" is not what is used for Matchmaking. It is based on your MMR, A hidden value.
Do you think MMR is something 343 would ever consider just displaying for everyone to see and not just for Onyx and Champion ranks? Just curious if people would like or hate it. Also, I wouldn't mind it if we could see two ranks while in matchmaking : 1) a person's current rank for the playlist that they're in and 2) either the highest rank ever achieved in said playlist or else the highest rank they've ever achieved in any playlist, possibly with the associated playlist listed next to it. I know I'm mr grumpy pants a lot of the time, but I think I'd be more appeased in losses if I knew at least some of the time my beatings were coming from higher level players. And if not, at least I'd know that i'm the one that is truly sucking it up.

EDIT:
I also wish it was more obvious when players are teamed up together. I like to know all the details lol.
mW3csxA.png

BraXzy

They're not brand new, unfortunately. They were his old pair, and he said the battery is slowly starting to have a hard time holding it's charge for as long, (6 hours instead of the 8 when they were brand new, he said)

Fair enough. 6 Hours is still pretty good, I'd say it's rare you're gonna game for longer than that. You can always just turn it into a wired headset with a USB anyway :)

IHaveIce

Banned
I don't see C9 being that strong.

I'm also kinda surprised Cloud 9 sponsors an Halo team again, just in for the moneyz.

Also I don't see noone being able to beat CLG

They're not brand new, unfortunately. They were his old pair, and he said the battery is slowly starting to have a hard time holding it's charge for as long, (6 hours instead of the 8 when they were brand new, he said).

He's getting a new set sometime this week, but I trust him enough not to screw me over and whatnot.

I figured that it must have been pre-owned. Only way you're getting a deal new like that is from someone who works for Astro.

Strider

Epsilon and infused could potentially go through. Unlikely but possible. Sparty Squad has looked pretty damn good lately in scrims but ya never know... They did get swept by epsilon after all

Also I feel like the algorithm to determine rank based on MMR had to be changed with the month reset. Both of my friends placed Onyx after placements last month in Team Arena and placed Platinum now. They didn't lose their ability to aim either..

Chittagong

Gold Member
Your "Medal" is not what is used for Matchmaking. It is based on your MMR, A hidden value.

Yeah I was just surprised that the coupling is so loose. What's the rationale of not showing MMR? Isn't that the most important number of all of them?

klaus

I proudly announce that the Gaf SC now has an official bronze player within its ranks.

Whooo boy, 3 of the qualifying games (swat) I played with one man down from the beginning, was first in each of these and even top scorer in one instance. Was gold 2 last season ;)

Fair enough. 6 Hours is still pretty good, I'd say it's rare you're gonna game for longer than that. You can always just turn it into a wired headset with a USB anyway :)
Right, and honestly, I'd probably just keep it wired most of the time anyway, just because I like keeping my shit all together.
I figured that it must have been pre-owned. Only way you're getting a deal new like that is from someone who works for Astro.

God I wish, I've thought about jumping in on one of Team Beyond's tournies, since they usually have those as the main prizes, but man, I'm just not good enough for that, lol.

Chittagong

Gold Member
The maps need better places to hide when all your team mates have quit, you are 1-4 and don't want to get banned or wreck your KD. Optimally there would be a spot where you could hide for the entire 8-9 min while the enemy team tries to find you, while moving your stick just a little so that you don't get kicked.

The maps need better places to hide when all your team mates have quit, you are 1-4 and don't want to get banned or wreck your KD. Optimally there would be a spot where you could hide for the entire 8-9 min while the enemy team tries to find you, while moving your stick just a little so that you don't get kicked.

No.

Scenario:

Other team gets lead by 1 kill and then hides in the spot you want to be made.

Other team wins by hiding for 5 mins.

No thnx.

Also I feel like the algorithm to determine rank based on MMR had to be changed with the month reset. Both of my friends placed Onyx after placements last month in Team Arena and placed Platinum now. They didn't lose their ability to aim either..
I wonder if the ratio of players at higher ranks versus lower ranks was uneven. They could have shifted everyone down to balance the ranks out better, but who knows.

Edit: I mean they might have adjusted the MMR thresholds required for each rank.

I really don't like WZ anymore, I don't mind WZA that much, but WZ kind of is meh now. I'm literally only doing it to get the Promethean kills.

Chittagong

Gold Member
That feel when you get downranked from Gold to Silver 2 due to awful team mates in placement games, and then you grind solo all the way back to gold in a day

... while playing against players who have previous max ranks of Plat5 and Diamond. Even had an Onyx-in-ranking in one of the games

12zfAjyQ3RZNSw.gif

jem0208

I literally cannot find a game in Team Arena right now, what is going on?

Okay I can't find a game in any Arena playlist at the moment.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I had a terrible end to the last season, but started March decent. Gold 6 in swat and promptly went to plat. 9 wins in a row feels good.

Fuchsdh

Man, I was an utter anchor to my team on Eden/Assault. Got nothing more than a kill and a ball clear, but we still won because the other team was focused on slaying and constantly got out of position. Hopefully my placement games go a bit better tomorrow.

I wonder if the ratio of players at higher ranks versus lower ranks was uneven. They could have shifted everyone down to balance the ranks out better, but who knows.

Edit: I mean they might have adjusted the MMR thresholds required for each rank.

Yeah maybe so.

I don't mind I just noticed it. I'll just enjoy the grind.

singhr1

That feel when you get downranked from Gold to Silver 2 due to awful team mates in placement games, and then you grind solo all the way back to gold in a day

... while playing against players who have previous max ranks of Plat5 and Diamond. Even had an Onyx-in-ranking in one of the games

Similar thing happened to me. Went 4-1 on my first night, but went 0-5 on the next. Got ranked into gold 6 (after being diamond 4 in January) and proceeded to win every successive game to plat 2. It feels like you're beating the man for putting you down.

Honestly though, those groups are brutal. At least one, sometimes more than one, super strong NA team in each group. Woulda been better if at least one non-NA team managed to get out of groups, man.

singhr1

Honestly though, those groups are brutal. At least one, sometimes more than one, super strong NA team in each group. Woulda been better if at least one non-NA team managed to get out of groups, man.

With 8 NA teams and 6 of them being strong contenders, its no surprise. I would love to see a non-NA team get to the next round and get some great international support for them. Cheering for an underdog upset is always exciting

Halo5arena.com?

Edit: my god I'm terrible... I can't believe I dropped six tiers... Why did my aim and decision making tank?

I only see CSR there

Looks like i placed exactly where i started last season.
Plat 4

Its cool. I can work my way up to diamnd again. :)

Started to track my dmg per game and i seem to be in the 2ks even if im on the losing team. I guess that is a good improvement even though my kd stays at 0.8. Oh well.

Top Bottom