• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Now that's what I call a Ground Pound!

giphy.gif

clav

Is 343i going to do anything about kill farming in objective games?

I filed Unsporting Conduct for these players.

For a 12 minute game in Assault, you don't do this.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...yMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena

Frankie, help?

Players could have finished the round within 3 minutes, but they did not.

Three players quit because at that point, no one on my team was having fun. The fact you're punished for quitting is even worse. I stuck all the way to the end.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...yMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena

Frankie, help?

Three players quit because at that point, no one on my team was having fun. The fact you're punished for quitting is even worse. I stuck all the way to the end.

I applaud your halo honor

Just tested out the new preview dashboard option to output chat to speakers. WE HAVE PARTY CHAT FOR MY FUTURE STREAMS FINALLY CONFIRMED!

Just thought you guys should know how happy I am.

Plasma

Banned

Frankie, help?

Kills should be removed from the scoreboard in objective based gamemodes.

EBLspartan

Neo Member
Hi everyone,
Lot of players outside US are experiencing very long search times or the total inability to find matches at all in certain hours of the day.
This seems caused by a regional servers lock (not equally distributed) and ranking based system.
I made a topic on Reddit and one on waypoint trying to give this problem the attention it deserves in order to make 343 able to answer us about the possible reasons and develop an alternative solution like an half way system that searches for better games widening its range if no players are available after a certain amount of time (for example)
Here's the Reddit link, if you are interested or you are experiencing this issue too a comment would be so much appreciated (also here).

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/48lbmw/343_region_lock_is_not_the_answer/

Best regards

Chittagong

Gold Member
Hi everyone,
Lot of players outside US are experiencing very long search times or the total inability to find matches at all in certain hours of the day.
This seems caused by a regional servers lock (not equally distributed) and ranking based system.
I made a topic on Reddit and one on waypoint trying to give this problem the attention it deserves in order to make 343 able to answer us about the possible reasons and develop an alternative solution like an half way system that searches for better games widening its range if no players are available after a certain amount of time (for example)
Here's the Reddit link, if you are interested or you are experiencing this issue too a comment would be so much appreciated (also here).

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/48lbmw/343_region_lock_is_not_the_answer/

Best regards

I'd rather wait or not to play at all than to play on an US based server where I have a massive disadvantage. So region lock is good news to me.

EBLspartan

Neo Member
I'd rather wait or not to play at all than to play on an US based server where I have a massive disadvantage. So region lock is good news to me.

I understand your point of view, maybe this doesn't affects you because of your playing habits, but for many other people this is an enormous limitation because prevents them to play at all.

I understand your point of view, maybe this doesn't affects you because of your playing habits, but for many other people this is an enormous limitation because prevents them to play at all.

It seems to me like the solution is to introduce an option to lock to the best data centre for people who care about connection quality above all else, with things staying more or less the way they've worked so far for everyone else. You wouldn't have issues with people requesting to play on high ping servers just to be dickheads if you only allowed locking to the data centre with lowest ping.

EBLspartan

Neo Member
It seems to me like the solution is to introduce an option to lock to the best data centre for people who care about connection quality above all else, with things staying more or less the way they've worked so far for everyone else. You wouldn't have issues with people requesting to play on high ping servers just to be dickheads if you only allowed locking to the data centre with lowest ping.

Seems a plausible solution to me.
The fact is: will 343 ever handle this issue? Because until now they didn't even answer to anyone.

singhr1

The fact is: will 343 ever handle this issue? Because until now they didn't even answer to anyone.

What? They mention that they are looking into changes and doing tests specifically for regions of lower populations, they even mention it at the start of their streams. Don't bring this baloney here

Chittagong

Gold Member

you can bet 343 folllows the discussion and implements changes. There was a massive shitstorm when EU players kept on getting matched on US servers. They didn't comment much but pretty much completely fixed the issue.

And yeah, an user choice of region lock would work for me.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Does anyone know why the KD stats on waypoint and in-game service record differ, and which one is the real deal?

In Game I am just 13 kills away from 1.0, whereas on waypoint I am 71 kills away. This is out of 8,000+ kills and deaths.

Akai__

Achilles Armor progress left as of now:

- 87 Assassinations
- 151 Splatter kills
- 35 Driver snipes
- 2414 Ground Vehicle kills
- 316 First Strikes
- 4020 Promethean kills

Those damn Prometheans. In theory, everybody would need to kill 40 of those. I'll try to farm a coupple of them today/tonight.

Magwik

Banned

- 87 Assassinations
- 151 Splatter kills
- 35 Driver snipes
- 316 First Strikes
- 4020 Promethean kills

Those damn Prometheans. In theory, everybody would need to kill 40 of those. I'll try to farm a coupple of them today/tonight.
I'm more concerned over the ground vehicle kills.

All I see when I look at that picture is at least twenty silver packs to pad my collection. I'd just sell all those hogs and mongooses.

Played a couple of warzone assault games before work this morning and unlocked the base DMR cert at SR 52 as well as the Noble helm. Woot woot.
There should be no stats at all in any social gametype. And not count towards commendations.
I'd be okay with this. The post-game lobby can at least show your stats for each game, but those stats wouldn't count toward anything, including commendations.

Atkison04

- 87 Assassinations
- 151 Splatter kills
- 35 Driver snipes
- 316 First Strikes
- 4020 Promethean kills

Does promethean kills only count in warzone and not the campaign? I'm guilty of only playing warzone assault so I haven't contributed to any of the promethean kills yet.

I did get 3 first strikes last night, which hardly ever happens for me.

Strider

No commendations, medals or stats for the social playlist?
sick.gif

I haven't even played a ranked game since reset and I won't anymore at all unless I have a full team now that we have an actual social playlist. All social + Warzone for me. I would hate to miss out on medals and stats just because I play social most of the time when in Arena.

Really hoping they add medals in-game soon so I don't have to go on waypoint

Haruko

Who's gonna be socking The Division on Xbone next week?

I'll be on Xbone *and* PC for Division. Ended up getting a new rig out of the blue when an old high school friend put one up for sale on facebook. It handled the open beta on ultra at a smooth 1080p60, and I couldn't resist getting it on both systems after that.

I'll still do some daily Warzone grind for Achilles too; I've been having good luck with Forerunners as of late (I think I got like 20 Watchers the other night)

Top Bottom