• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

BraXzy

It's snowing like crazy here in the UK!

Which reminds me.. We're sorely lacking a snow map in Arena! Especially considering how nice the snow area looked in campaign.

I hate you
image.php

Halo 5 forge is very impressive, the inertia of the sustain team in getting its fruits into MM less so. BTB really needs freshening up and refining.

the incredible scope and general amazingness that is halo 5 forge is mirrored by how little effort everything is around it.

A gamertag to find cool maps? thats your fileshare holdover? weve only seen breakout maps in matchmaking? really?

Mildly OT but do you guys think MCC will get any more title updates or playlist updates? I recently started playing again, and it would be nice if 343 showed some love.

Also any chance of MCC being a GWG game? Would be cool to give the population a shot in the arm. Even though I paid $60 for it, i'd be 100% okay with people getting it for free.

Mildly OT but do you guys think MCC will get any more title updates or playlist updates? I recently started playing again, and it would be nice if 343 showed some love.

Also any chance of MCC being a GWG game? Would be cool to give the population a shot in the arm. Even though I paid $60 for it, i'd be 100% okay with people getting it for free.

I Really think they would rather have their population utilize the REQ system in Halo 5. I don't see them giving out MCC for free anytime soon.

Both my internet and my skills to play the game are now in the absolutely shit tier. Two wins and a tie, and 5 disconnects tonight. Now on a one hour ban for shit tier connection, FML.

It just feels wrong how long it's taking 343 to give us these updated BTB maps or those Forge playlists or any form of Action Sack.

Crazy man.. As great as Halo 5 is, matchmaking's inherent limitations and 343's poor playlist management remain to be deterrents for players, I'm sure. Who the hell wants to play 20 minute cramped, frequently unbalanced tug of war Assault matches? Who wants to be blinded by the Sun on these BTB maps when they've been updated a while ago? So many quality of life updates they're so slow with rolling out, and for what? Does anyone really believe anything other than them artificially holding things back to fill up their sustain schedule? Because it sure feels that way, and it sucks to say, but hey, maybe one day all these doubts will go away.
Olay.

I don't even know anymore.. It's all mind boggling.

108351d1381515339t-dead-its-dead-jim.jpg

Akai__

mHM3DMk.gif

But for real. Playlist updates? Maybe. Actual patches? Don't think so.

MaGlock

Really can't believe especially now with the inclusion of social playlists and old school weapons there hasn't been a halo 2 weekend playlist. H2br starts on the best community remakes or H1 with CE pistol starts. 343 why you do dis : (

Magwik

Banned
Really can't believe especially now with the inclusion of social playlists and old school weapons there hasn't been a halo 2 weekend playlist. H2br starts on the best community remakes or H1 with CE pistol starts. 343 why you do dis : (

BR Starts aren't fun anyways

Ramirez

If you're playing WZ and get ARC, make a point to head straight for the garage and kill those endless Crawlers, lol.

Also, is there anyone that is active in this thread and not in the SC, that wants to be? I checked yesterday, and a couple I let slide still haven't played in like 3 1/2 weeks.

BraXzy

For sure, some of these great Forge creations need to get in there at some point but.. I want something that looks like this:

Oooooh it looks just as dope as in the promo. I unlocked that last night!

LMFAO! Cleaning up the trash, I like it ;)

If you're playing WZ and get ARC, make a point to head straight for the garage and kill those endless Crawlers, lol.

Also, is there anyone that is active in this thread and not in the SC, that wants to be? I checked yesterday, and a couple I let slide still haven't played in like 3 1/2 weeks.

I'm in the NeoGAF SC with mainly EU people but it's pretty much dead so yeah I wouldn't mind joining. I usually play a couple of times a week at the very least.

Maybe. Possibly. I don't see any hope in my SC realistically as the majority of the members always play Arena. I play about every other day.

Ryde3

I had issues all night... XBL/halo 5 servers have been so disappointing lately.

4 out of 10 arena games at least one person got dropped. Warzone put me and my friends on different teams which was kinda funny when we realized it while shooting each other lol It was a weird night.

Me too... I played my 10th placement match in Slayer like 5 times, it would not save my stats and give me a division! So frustrating.

Strider

Me too... I played my 10th placement match in Slayer like 5 times, it would not save my stats and give me a division! So frustrating.

Exact opposite for me... I had a game count toward placements and I didn't even play. Server crashed before the game loaded.

Tomash

It just feels wrong how long it's taking 343 to give us these updated BTB maps or those Forge playlists or any form of Action Sack.

Crazy man.. As great as Halo 5 is, matchmaking's inherent limitations and 343's poor playlist management remain to be deterrents for players, I'm sure. Who the hell wants to play 20 minute cramped, frequently unbalanced tug of war Assault matches? Who wants to be blinded by the Sun on these BTB maps when they've been updated a while ago? So many quality of life updates they're so slow with rolling out, and for what? Does anyone really believe anything other than them artificially holding things back to fill up their sustain schedule? Because it sure feels that way, and it sucks to say, but hey, maybe one day all these doubts will go away.
Olay.

I don't even know anymore.. It's all mind boggling.

If you haven't seen it, Bravo explained 343's process on r/halo

Hey everyone - happy to chime in with an update and a little bit of context and transparency into process. Up front, I don't have an exact ETA just yet, but will work to provide one in future blogs. We're working with the multiplayer team on getting these in as fast a humanly possible - and Community BTB is next up - but it's also worth noting that the teams that do this exact work (Multiplayer, Test, Services, and Forge) have all been going non-stop to deliver their respective components of the Hammer Storm update. We've got a good size team, but it takes everyone moving at 110% to deliver things like new game modes, Forge updates, service improvements, etc. (Which we hope you're enjoying!)
Surely that doesn't require much work?
When making games, "things" take quite a bit of work from a variety of teams. This will vary depending on engine and platform. To use BTB maps as the example here, once these are collected, they are first playtested with community members to ensure that basic things function correctly, map is playing well, nothing obviously broken, etc. If things need to be changed, we'll work directly with the Forgers on changes, and start again. Breakout was a relatively quick process as Forgers didn't need to worry about spawning. However with BTB, we've found that while many of the maps look incredible, they need a heavy amount of respawn work and adjustments - which means we can't yet bring them into our internal environments for test passes, and they have to be tweaked and tested a bit more.
Once they're ready, they're brought into our internal pipeline and reviewed / playtested by the multiplayer team for quality, map flow, etc. If there are any changes that need to happen at this point, we'll once again revisit with Forgers. The goal at this point, however, is to have brought in a map that is essentially MM ready so that we're not spending man hours playtesting content that isn't 100% ready.
After this, actual testing will begin, which means the H5 test team performs the full test passes that all Halo maps get before they're released into matchmaking. This is a long checklist, but it ensures that everything works.
If these pass, the work will begin to actually build these into playlists, and once completed, the updated playlist then goes through playlist testing as well in the internal environments - things like matching, map / game type combos loading, playlist parameters, etc are tested here.
If everything passes, the updates will be slotted into future matchmaking updates and ready to be sent out the door.
This is a paraphrased version of the entire process, and I am no doubt missing many granular details. Once everything is brought inside, there are still weeks of work required to make sure that we're delivering quality experiences in matchmaking. On top of that, the same guys and gals who bring you anything else related to multiplayer are the ones who do this work, so things like new game modes that are being requested have to be prioritized with playlist updates.
We love the BTB maps we've seen so far, and I'll be sure to continue to provide updates on the maps and where we are in the process.
tl;dr: These things take a bit of time, but the team is working as fast as possible to ensure we're getting you awesome stuff that plays and works well.

Ryde3

I really want to see some 1 flag CTF/Assault in BTB... Neutral Assault in BTB would be nice too.

I also want to play Oddball in matchmaking!

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual

I would love to join. I usually play about 4 - 5 nights a week for a good chunk of time. I've been playing more and more over the past few weeks too.

i love having a permanent social playlist, but at least with weekend playlists, they changed up....weekly.

social assault is over a week now. they had a season reset and barely said a word.

where art thou 343

Leyasu

Banned

Dude, are we going to be "allowed" some time off next week to play the division?? The game is looking too good not to put some time in to as well.

Karl2177

Bungie never gave updates to Halo 2 after Halo 3 launched. Bungie never gave updates to Halo 3 after Halo Reach launched. 343i didn't give Halo 3 updates after the transfer. 343i never updated Halo Reach after Halo 4 launched. 343i never updated Halo 4 after MCC launched.

"The cycle will continue." - Mass Effect Halo

Ramirez

Dude, are we going to be "allowed" some time off next week to play the division?? The game is looking too good not to put some time in to as well.

You can do as you please. As I've said, I don't think it's fair if you're not an active participant in the thread, to mooch off of the company, and not play for weeks/months at a time.

The SC is for our community, just making sure active members of the community are in it, that's all.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
You can do as you please. As I've said, I don't think it's fair if you're not an active participant in the thread, to mooch off of the company, and not play for weeks/months at a time.

The SC is for our community, just making sure active members of the community are in it, that's all.

Am I active?

Top Bottom