• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

How's everyone looking on this sexy Friday night?

Too soon since the last time we posted our spartans? Had the new colours dropped?

Classics never die!

ALaKBBK.jpg

Demise

Can someone do a quick overview of slayer maps ? What do you think about overgrowth, riptide and torque ? Good maps, bad maps ? What about the others ?

Ocho

Can someone do a quick overview of slayer maps ? What do you think about overgrowth, riptide and torque ? Good maps, bad maps ? What about the others ?

It's completely subjective. Overgrowth was the worst with the sword in it, now that it's gone, it's an okay map. I love Torque slayer, but people on Discord said they dislike it a lot and was only good for assault. Riptide also got a lot of hate but I think that map is great.

I don't think there's really a bad map for slayer, even though some argue The Rig may be bad in it (may be my favorite slayer map tbh). There are maps were I absolutely suck and dislike them for it, like Regret and Truth.

Demise

It's completely subjective. Overgrowth was the worst with the sword in it, now that it's gone, it's an okay map. I love Torque slayer, but people on Discord said they dislike it a lot and was only good for assault. Riptide also got a lot of hate but I think that map is great.

I don't think there's really a bad map for slayer, even though some argue The Rig may be bad in it (may be my favorite slayer map tbh). There are maps were I absolutely suck and dislike them for it, like Regret and Truth.

Thanks a lot, more opinion on them ?

Thanks a lot, more opinion on them ?

Overgrowth is too cramped, Riptide is okay but *different* which is a big plus considering many of the maps are so similar, Torque seems to be one of the best maps in the game but I've only played one game of slayer on it so far so can't really say for sure.

Ramirez

Nah, Phaeton commendation, probably why people don't see it that much.

Oh, weird, it's the pic on that commendation. Which is a stupid commendation, because if the matchmaking is working, there's no way you should ever not die in an entire Breakout match. Much less enough to go through 5 levels of commendations.

BradC00

overgrowth is good IMO, especially now that sword and shotgun are gone.

riptide is ok.

torque CTF and assault is good. I hate it on strongholds tho.

Karl2177

I'm curious for those playing Fiesta. Has anyone gotten the CE Magnum, Halo 2 Battle Rifle or SPNKr? I didn't see a single one of those in any of my matches.

Don't know if you all talked about it, but I love me some Warzone Assault. What I don't love is that I play defense 9 times out of 10, and when I do play offense, it's on the stage with the Spire. :\

Alright, it's finally placement day for those of us who have school and shit! :D

Lost my first game (Fathom Assault) by a hair, but put up a pretty respectable fight.

Oh, weird, it's the pic on that commendation. Which is a stupid commendation, because if the matchmaking is working, there's no way you should ever not die in an entire Breakout match. Much less enough to go through 5 levels of commendations.

The mastery for Breakout is called "Pyramid," but yeah I doubt too many people will get that. Plus it's ugly anyways.

Spartan3PC

I'm actually enjoying fiesta much more than solo Warzone Assault. Gold pack grind be damned! Though I'm slightly disappointed that the H2BR and CE pistol aren't included seeing as they're already on existing maps.

All maps are at least good when playing Assault, CTF, and Strongholds.

Death to Slayer.

Antifreeze is never good.

I hope fiesta doesn't last that long, the gimmick gets old after a couple of games, I want an actual playlist where I can play real halo that's not ranked. If anything Fiesta should have replaced Grifball.

clav

They could Halo 2 BR start weekend with Halo 2 maps in a mixed mode of gametypes like King of the Hill or CTF.

No sprint.

No charge.

Fiesta's pretty damn fun, nice. The weapons in this game mostly feel great. Only weapon that feels like it really needs a buff is the Suppressor, so I'm excited to see what the new variants will be.
They could Halo 2 BR start weekend with Halo 2 maps in a mixed mode of gametypes like King of the Hill or CTF.

No sprint.

No charge.
The reason I don't see them doing this is because they don't want the masses considering if Halo 5 would play better without Spartan Abilities. It's also why they made the CE Pistol hitscan, I think.
Conspiracy theory? Maybe, but with Frankie at the helm I think anything is possible. Dude just throws planets into stars on a whim..

MaGlock

Can't believe I'm gonna say this but I kind of wish halo 5 had a companion mobile game to help farm req points, silver grind is everlasting

ONI Turrets rip new assholes.
It's a level 5 Ultra Rare whereas The Answer is a level 6 Rare. Better off selling every turret if you're on still that grind.

It feels good to be done with unlocking stuff. After ~2-3 Warzone Assault matches, I can buy another Gold because they give you 6,000 RP back, or after every Gold you can buy one Silver and one Bronze.

Twins Jewels of Maethrillian is the most useless req I've seen and it's seven req points. It's supposedly is anti-armor. Why would you use a Binary Rifle for anti-armor in the first place?

Twins Jewels of Maethrillian is the most useless req I've seen and it's seven req points. It's supposedly is anti-armor. Why would you use a Binary Rifle for anti-armor in the first place?

What? Are you asking for a lore reason? It's good against vehicles. It's an anti-armor weapon. Like asking why you would use a FRC against spartans.

MaGlock

It should be a longer laser that is Insta kill, like cuts right threw em

What? Are you asking for a lore reason? It's good against vehicles. It's an anti-armor weapon. Like asking why you would use a FRC against spartans.

Because it's not even good at it. Why would I use it when I could just use Echidna or Selene's Lance? They are much better at those roles.

Top Bottom