• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Trying to fight your way out of a BR base SH is the worst thing in the game, no one can convince me otherwise. Slayer is all about getting sniper and going to the back SMG stairs, it's fucking awful. I don't hate the map itself, but I feel the weapon setup and radar completely pull it down to trash tier.

Just for you Funk,

http://xboxclips.com/TJ+Ram/aa01af16-27bd-4705-9332-e057ef951567

The Rig is god awful on Slayer and it is not even as good as people think on Strongholds.

blamite

God damn the sound design in this game is good. Tonight was the first time since launch month that I actually played the game with a headset and paid attention to the sound instead of just muting the game and listening to podcasts, and I really realized what I've been missing out on. Like, the subway train on Plaza has a PA announcement when it stops? Crazy. I was playing Fiesta, too, so getting to hear the sounds for all the weapons that don't normally show up was a treat, too. The sound when you pick up the Beam Rifle? SO GOOD. I think the Hammer has a really cool pickup sound, too? Goof job, 343. I mean I'm probably gonna go right back to podcasts with the game muted, but at least now I'll know the great sounds I'm missing out on.

So that was my Halo experience for the night. Got a couple assassinations, and I think a couple splatters in Warzone? Achilles is pretty close.

Haven't played this game in a while. Why does my armor in game say in bored text after it:

"block markup not found"

There's a bug with Mk. VI [GEN 1] that makes the game thing the text in-between the brackets is supposed to be some kind of markup language. They fixed it in the last patch but then broke it again in the most recent one.

mo60

Ended up in the bronze tier(Bronze 5) for rank in the first time in two months. Will probably bring it back to silver eventually as long as I don't lose to much in team slayer.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Based on the anecdotal evidence, it seems everyone has been downranked in this months placement. The grind back to gold was satisfying though. And helped my KD :D

EDIT - this is why, everybody was just too gud

BRIAN RICHARDS, SOFTWARE ENGINEER
One of the goals of our Competitive Skill Rank (CSR) system is that it reflects the skill range of the active population. At Halo 5 launch, we tuned the designation system based on an ideal skill distribution. Since launch, you all have been putting in the hours and getting better. Starting with the March season, part of our process for season rollovers was to update the CSR curves in each playlist to reflect the actual skill of the population playing in them. With the new skill curves, you may see a difference after your placement matches in some of the playlists this season. Separately, it is worth noting that we’re actively investigating CSR feedback we’ve gotten from players at top skill levels to determine improvements that can be made to the system.

As Brian alluded to, we’ve been grabbing your feedback (and gamertags) from Waypoint, reddit, and Twitter to look at individual matches to identify potential improvements that can be made to the CSR and matchmaking experiences at high Onyx / Champion levels, as well as matchmaking improvements that can be made for players on the high and low end of the skill spectrum. A variety of adjustments are going through their respective test passes now, and we’ll keep you updated with their progress as we get ready to deploy them into the wild.

I love how they keep listening and improving

Chittagong

Gold Member
I am having connectivity problems - Reqs won't load, game shows my old silver rank instead of the gold in have waypoint, stats don't load btw matches. The games play fine though, no lag.

Any suggestions?

Chittagong

Gold Member
Lol, seems I have been playing so well I now only got matched with people with a previous max ranking from Plat 2 to Diamond 3. I'm max Gold, so naturally they wrecked me :D

Lol, seems I have been playing so well I now only got matched with people with a previous max ranking from Plat 2 to Diamond 3. I'm max Gold, so naturally they wrecked me :D

Hahah yeah after destroying mid-golds for my first seven placement matches I got thrown into a game with high platinums and started the match like 0 - 7. Pulled it back a bit once I realised I was actually playing against better players and had to play much more conservative than I was used to and even managed to get a killing spree towards the end of the game but I still felt sorry for completely messing up the game for my team mates. Ranking system takes a while to adjust but definitely works well.

In the end I got placed Platinum 1 which is a bit higher than last season.

Akai__

Where are you reading this?

Also was there a waypoint article on the 4th? I just see the old "hammer storm preview" under the community tab

Here:

Teams at the studio are hard at work on these releases, the next of which is the Ghosts of Meridian. We’ll be revealing details and what’s inside over the next few weeks, and wanted to also let you know that the production team currently has this content slated to drop in early April.

Thank god that means that I will get my Halo 2 BR this month!

True, I guess.

Fiesta is good for finishing my last few weapon commendations, just having trouble with the Spartan laser though... Just takes so long to charge, connecting is tough.

Vico

Fiesta is good for finishing my last few weapon commendations, just having trouble with the Spartan laser though... Just takes so long to charge, connecting is tough.

Bravo said on reddit that the Spartan Laser, amongst other tweaks for other weapons, will soon be revised to be more powerful. That's also the last weapon commendation I'll have left (finishing up the boltshot and binary in the next few days).

Akai__

H A C K E R B O Y Z in Fiesta

TiRFn5w.png

I would have to report people after every match, based on his logic.

Chittagong

Gold Member
343, if you are listening, it really annoys me that after losing significantly to a team I get immediately matched again against their best player(s). What's the point, give them another easy win?

I shouldn't have to do a cool down to get off the MM cycle

I'm kinda scared about the weapon tweaking..Huge potential for 343 to fuck it up

I'm not too concerned, weapon placements in Arena and the Spartan Laser and Suppressor could all use some tweaking. I wouldn't mind if the storm rifle's damage was ever so slightly nerfed or the sniper rifle's magnetism slightly reduced either. I'm sure these are the kind of changes he's talking about, not changing up the core weapon balance.

Trup1aya

The Rig is hands down the worst map in the game right now. Slayer and SH are just miserable on it with the current setup, IMO.

There is literally nothing wrong with strongholds on the rig...

The map is perfect for it.

It's supposed to be tough to fight your way out of BR base. But when you succeed, it usually means your opponent is on now on the back foot... Often times, it ends flipping into a trip cap in favor of the team that was in BR base.

Then the trip capped team uses BR base to stop the bleeding... Now they have to fight out...

Rinse and repeat...
The rotation and strategy on this map is the best of all strongholds map IMO...

I'm kinda scared about the weapon tweaking..Huge potential for 343 to fuck it up

It'll be fine, have some trust that they at least got just about everything right with balancing at launch.

I'd be surprised if it's anything more than tweaks to weapons that no one is picking up.

Trup1aya

Based on the anecdotal evidence, it seems everyone has been downranked in this months placement. The grind back to gold was satisfying though. And helped my KD :D

EDIT - this is why, everybody was just too gud

I love how they keep listening and improving

They actually did an excellent job maintaining an ideal skill distribution curve.

I wonder if the their aim is to now have distribution that maintains similar population numbers in each division.
It sounds like it would be a challenge calibrate the CSR requirements for each teir but it should result in better MM experiences for players at the extreme ends of the spectrum, especially in low pop areas.

IHaveIce

Banned
God I hate being in Platinum in Slayer.. I constantly get teammates that have no clue about Weapon Spawns or just bumrush.

Playing solo is terrible again :(

Man I had two of the best Halo game ever, with almost LAN level latency, pulling perfects left and right.

Then two games later reality kicked in.

Chittagong

Gold Member
The completion is calculated the first time you acquire a boost card of that type, using up a type does not affect that.

Ah thanks! That's awesome, I have been saving them.

Man I had two of the best Halo game ever, with almost LAN level latency, pulling perfects left and right.

Then two games later reality kicked in.

Having a pretty solid weekend here too :D

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Chittagong/video/15420535

God I hate being in Platinum in Slayer.. I constantly get teammates that have no clue about Weapon Spawns or just bumrush.

Playing solo is terrible again :(

That sounds more like silver tbh. I'm gold and at least in my games everyone seem to calculate weapon spawns and overshield spawns

Can't do WZ Saturday in the morning for the next few weeks. I have class on Saturday this semester.

I should be good for the later one though!

Top Bottom