• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Chittagong

Gold Member
I'm in a seriously bad losing streak after having several days of a good streak. I think the game has set me to a higher MMR tier.

I'm gold 1 and I'm now getting pitted against teams with insane personal bests, last two matches were

- Onyx / Plat 3 / Plat 2 / Gold 3
- Diamond 3 / Diamond 1 / Onyx / Gold 6

Naturally a lowly Gold like myself gets wiped out entirely:D

IHaveIce

Banned
Thanks for the fun games. Went offline. I may join the late night Warzone sessions! Those Assault games were quick.

Same here. Will be back tonight, hopefully I will get a spot.

Got some nice kills there in those Assault matches, The Killtrocity was much needed. German defense made those Assault games pretty hard for the enemies #Kappa

Glass

Got 3 kills on the back of a stationary mongoose with a grav hammer which I'm looking forward to turning into a clip.

I'm back online if anyone is still doing games. Just know I have no mic. Gt: xxdeputymoonman

Edit: blah are the servers having trouble? Can't connect

Ramirez

There is literally nothing wrong with strongholds on the rig...

The map is perfect for it.

It's supposed to be tough to fight your way out of BR base. But when you succeed, it usually means your opponent is on now on the back foot... Often times, it ends flipping into a trip cap in favor of the team that was in BR base.

Then the trip capped team uses BR base to stop the bleeding... Now they have to fight out...

Rinse and repeat...
The rotation and strategy on this map is the best of all strongholds map IMO...

To each his own. I don't know how a setup where one of the bases is clearly inferior and offers no counterpart base to actually setup with is "literally perfect".

I don't like SH much anyways, but a good SH map should offer 3 bases, all equally viable in a 2 cap and hold scenario. Empire, Eden, Torque, Riptide, and Overgrowth all offer this. Where as Plaza and Rig have two very obvious bases you do not want to hold in an ideal scenario.

Chittagong

Gold Member
My Xbox Live died entirely mid match. First crazy lag, then disconnect from game. Since then haven't been able to connect to Live at all. Reset everything - Xbox, router etc. network test shows 170ms ping and 85% packet loss on Xbox, 7ms ping on iPad. Now watching House of Cards on Apple TV instead.

Anyone else having problems? I'm in UK.

Glass

Shame some got kicked, that was a great close game that came down to the last Warden kill. Def needs to be 100 points for most damage dealt, 50 to who gets last hit. #notsalty

IHaveIce

Banned
How is Pegasus still in those playlists god damn. I mean I agree Ram I also dislike Rig Slayer, but Pegasus is worse in every way

While LIVE is down what do you think about my gym Halo 5 key chain? :D

gUTITg0.jpg

I've mentioned it a few times in games with gaffers, but some things that have helped me with the Scattershot are:

1. Make sure you're zoomed in. Smart-scope makes a ton of difference in weapons with large spreads like the Shotgun and Scattershot.

2. Unless you're both in the air or you can see the whites of their eyes, treat it like a Rocket Launcher, where you aim for the floor in proximity to the opponent rather than targeting center-of-mass. Scattershots have their projectiles home in on opponents after they ricochet at least once, and this mechanic is even played up with the Loathsome Thing and Didact's Signet (the two REQ scattershots). Most of the time if you aim for the midpoint on the ground between you and your opponent, all of the rounds will connect.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
You guys still playing war zone? I was online playing all morning waiting and fell asleep. Just woke up.

G-DannY

GG guys. Sorry if I had the mic always muted and if I had some horrible performance some games. Not at my 100% today.

klaus

Noob question: How can you listen to the party chat of your spartan company? I joined the gaf company a few hours ago, but couldn't hear anyone.. I'm playing without a mic and my NAT is moderate if that makes a difference.

Noob question: How can you listen to the party chat of your spartan company? I joined the gaf company a few hours ago, but couldn't hear anyone.. I'm playing without a mic and my NAT is moderate if that makes a difference.

Most of us dont talk in the chat from my previous experience. We all play silently. :p

So its nothing wrong with your xbox.

BradC00

I just had someone in my FFA placement matches who was Onyx 1865 ... I was never higher than Diamond 1.. what is happening

I played like 4 champions in 2 games last night. I think the population is kind of low in FFA cause they weren't that good, either.

also, I've gone up ranks placing 5th so it's kind of a weird ranking system.

Top Bottom