• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Welfare

A friend brought up an good point while we were playing Fiesta today. Is it an oversite that weapons like the SPNKR, Halo CE Magnum and H2 Battle Rifle are not available in the gametype or is it simply something 343i left out either for balancing reasons or because they have yet to simply make them available for Fiesta?

Yup, they need to be included as well.

I'd love to see a permanent Fiesta playlist that rotates through different gametypes, like Rocket Fiesta which would be all Rocket variants or even some objective gametypes with Fiesta starts lol

So heads up, I'm going to start work on the next HALOGAF montage this month. I will now introduce a cut off point for clips - this Friday, 11th March. Send me your best HALOGAF. If you've sent me a SWAT triple kill clip, then bad news in advance.

All clips should go to halogafmontage@gmail.com.

I'll get some games in this week. Been rather busy with work and other activities the last few days, but I'll gladly slay some more Prometheans in the days to come.

If you're on tonight Blue we have some fun customs going down hosted with friends, the more the merrier.

When i saw we Sikamikanico is playing host.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
14 First Strikes to go. Get out there an make a difference!

Fuchsdh

Why on earth would you want the M6C?

We have the only two Halo pistols worth having already.

And silenced SMGs are already in Warzone too :p

Oh, and I could see them diversifying the Forerunner weapon set a little for Ghosts, since most of those were designed to fight Flood.

The M6C has some nostalgia behind it because it absolutely was an awesome weapon for Firefight, but aside from the scope there's no real benefit to it in Warzone (because you can readily get better scoped-in weapons anyhow.)

Man, finding games is tough for some reason. Two out of three games so far the game tells me there's a problem with the Dedicated Server and I need to try again. Never had that happen before.

If you're on tonight Blue we have some fun customs going down hosted with friends, the more the merrier.

When i saw we Sikamikanico is playing host.

I'll see what I'm in the mood for, either this or some Fallout.

New Skilltacular video is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVU_iLS8lhs

It's all reddit.

How come I never get players like this...
chansub-global-emoticon-374120835234cb29-24x18.png

Okay, so, uh, apparently I cannot access my online data for Halo 5 any more :/

Probably just down to being in the Xbox preview program, but I hope it's fixed soon. Was hoping to get some Warzone matches in this morning for the Company.

edit: wait, it's netflix too, this is fucked.

edit2: apparently it forgot my password.

Somehow.

Anyway, works now, I guess :p

link1201

I see Halo has moved up a few spots on the most popular list. I wonder if it's picked up more players or the other games that were above it lost some.

Chittagong

Gold Member
So heads up, I'm going to start work on the next HALOGAF montage this month. I will now introduce a cut off point for clips - this Friday, 11th March. Send me your best HALOGAF. If you've sent me a SWAT triple kill clip, then bad news in advance.

All clips should go to halogafmontage@gmail.com.

What's the criteria? I have a sweet slayer Overkill with scattershot, and a triple kill Hail Mary with a single grenade

More people in the company need to play Warzone more often. I can't get these Promethean's all by myself now!

Midterms kicked by butt last week, but I'll get some in this week, promise LOL

Well, I guess with the prospect of no more Fable ever I should get back to drowning my sorrows in Halo.

Yeah, that is incredibly dark news. Seems everything Xbox is kind of in flux right now. Not really sure if I should be concerned or hyped about what E3 and going forward will bring.

Fuchsdh

Fable games haven't had a hit since Fable 2. The franchise has been dead for a long long time.

Fable Legends was legitimately fun though (although certainly not the sequel to Fable 2 lots of people wanted) and considering how far along the beta was it seems pretty drastic to just take a wash on all that time and money you spent and not release *something*.

If Fable is dead it's because Microsoft killed it apparently quite happily. Obviously exclusives aren't the big deal they once were but it's the best thing Microsoft has going for its console.

jem0208

Fable games haven't had a hit since Fable 2. The franchise has been dead for a long long time.
Halo isn't exactly growing either, the MCC and H5 have both underperformed compared to previous games in the series.

I don't think that 343 is going to be closed anytime soon but if we have a few more disappointing games it wouldn't be good.

Can't believe Lionhead was closed. Fable was pretty big, has me slightly worried about Xbox and Halo.

It was pretty big 10 years ago and it's been a long time since they've come out with a good Fable.

If you're putting Fable into the same bucket as Halo in terms of importance to MS, you're doing it wrong.

The real sad thing is none of the employees or studio were expecting this either. I literally received an email about the legends beta about 2-3 days ago about more features they were implementing...

so crazy man.

Welfare

Dead since 3, really. 3 was a big seller, but Lionhead wanted to try new ideas.

Halo is literally impervious to being cancelled. 343 could potentially be shut down (not likely at all to happen), but Halo will never leave. It's more of a Microsoft IP than just an Xbox IP.

Halo isn't exactly growing either, the MCC and H5 have both underperformed compared to previous games in the series.

I don't think that 343 is going to be closed anytime soon but if we have a few more disappointing games it wouldn't be good.

Eh, the circumstances are still very dissimilar. The last hit Lionhead had was released in late 2010, and they were currently building out a free to play game for a console, which, let's be honest, has underperformed everywhere else outside of the US. Halo is still a large, recognized franchise, with a good amount of MAUs (which MS values as a metric).

Magwik

Banned
Fable Legends was legitimately fun though (although certainly not the sequel to Fable 2 lots of people wanted) and considering how far along the beta was it seems pretty drastic to just take a wash on all that time and money you spent and not release *something*.

If Fable is dead it's because Microsoft killed it apparently quite happily. Obviously exclusives aren't the big deal they once were but it's the best thing Microsoft has going for its console.
From a business perspective though, why continue to throw money at a F2P game that's been in development for over 3 years and has only recoeved lukewarm reception?

Top Bottom