• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

I gotta say, maybe it's unreasonable, but I kinda agree with Jem here. Legends was shaping up great, and then... poof. Press Play too. If MS really is seriously downsizing their studios, I wouldn't be so sure 343 is immune :/

I keep waiting for a statement from MS saying their sites were hacked and that the game is still in production. I know that's not gonna happen, but dang that sucks.

wwm0nkey

I gotta say, maybe it's unreasonable, but I kinda agree with Jem here. Legends was shaping up great, and then... poof. Press Play too. If MS really is seriously downsizing their studios, I wouldn't be so sure 343 is immune :/

I really liked Legends too, was a lot of fun as a spin off. My gf loves Fable and is going to be as crushed by this news as I was by Mega Man Legends 3 getting canned :(

Magwik

Banned
Halo under 343 sells books, appeal licenses with JINX, toys like BoomCo, and is also probably the best selling XB1 exclusive. Halo also has the spinoffs under the helm of 343 (the mobile games). 343 is pretty safe considering how flexible the Halo brand is under them. Fable isn't a flexible brand at all.

Halo under 343 sells books, appeal licenses with JINX, toys like BoomCo, and is also probably the best selling XB1 exclusive. Halo also has the spinoffs under the helm of 343 (the mobile games). 343 is pretty safe considering how flexible the Halo brand is under them. Fable isn't a flexible brand at all.

^Static has a point. Quite a few really. Plus they see how successfully REQs perform too.

Fuchsdh

From a business perspective though, why continue to throw money at a F2P game that's been in development for over 3 years and has only recoeved lukewarm reception?

Everyone I've talked to who's play it has enjoyed it. The only lukewarm responses I really saw were from Fable players who wanted Fable 4 (which I did too, I just didn't see it as an either/or thing.) But I guess it's an immaterial question at this point.

When I get home I'll see if the beta still works.

And yeah, Halo has a transmedia appeal that Fable never had.

Welfare

Everyone I've talked to who's play it has enjoyed it. The only lukewarm responses I really saw were from Fable players who wanted Fable 4 (which I did too, I just didn't see it as an either/or thing.) But I guess it's an immaterial question at this point.

When I get home I'll see if the beta still works.

Beta is staying up until April 13.

I played some games this morning before work and did terrible. After playing warzone with the dmr, i don't know how I managed to play without it. I pretty much switch to carbine at req level 2 if I have any, then BR at level 3 -> to sentinel BR at 4. Then DMR at req level 6. What's the best anti-vehicle weapon excluding the spartan laser? I had a game on stormbreak and I swear every player on the opposing team was driving a ghost.

I agree that Halo is in a better position, but unless MS is about to turn around and open up some new studios, the only reason to cut Press Play and Lionhead entirely is because they're downsizing their gaming efforts; another Halo with disappointing sales...

idk.

Like I said, it's probably without basis, but I'm nervous now.

Also really concerned about Halo Wars 2 and whatever Decisive Games is working on.

343 and Halo are going to bite it eventually, it's inevitable. Remember that article about Bonnie Ross? A lot of the execs were convinced the series was done after 3, even.

It'll still be a while, though.

I agree that Halo is in a better position, but unless MS is about to turn around and open up some new studios, the only reason to cut Press Play and Lionhead entirely is because they're downsizing their gaming efforts; another Halo with disappointing sales...

idk.

Like I said, it's probably without basis, but I'm nervous now.

Also really concerned about Halo Wars 2 and whatever Decisive Games is working on.
Lionhead was already on its last legs after all the poor Fable spin-offs, Press Play is weird though, their two last games are small budget titles and are also pretty well received. I won't be worried about HW2 since it is Halo and is done by Creative Assembly.

BraXzy

Halo isn't going anywhere anytime soon, but the news about Lionhead and Press Play is really sad. And crazy how little notice they seem to have gotten.

Hope they all land on their feet.

Halo is fps and it's very popular around the world.It will survive as long as MS produce quality Halo games.Halo 4 damaged Halo and MCC was disaster in terms of online but Halo 5 is solid..Halo will get better from now on imo.H3 annv. or Reach remaster will happen in 2017 and it'll sell like hotcakes..

Halo is fps and it's very popular around the world.It will survive as long as MS produce quality Halo games.Halo 4 damaged Halo and MCC was disaster in terms of online but Halo 5 is solid..Halo will get better from now on imo.H3 annv. or Reach remaster will happen in 2017 and it'll sell like hotcakes..

Nah, Halo 5 changed the mechanics too much for people to jump back into a legacy title. a remaster at this point doesn't sound like a sound investment. I bet the population on MCC is so small these days to even justify people want a halo 3 re-master.

They'll pay homage to reach with that upcoming update " Remember Reach " to get halo 5 to sell like hotcakes.

Thats my take on it.

Hey G0SU

Can you message gamertag 'Xand'?

I keep telling him about your control scheme sensitivity, deadzone settings etc.

He refuses to believe, maybe if you messaged him the controls, so I can be proved right.

Thank you, this is not a joke.

What's the criteria? I have a sweet slayer Overkill with scattershot, and a triple kill Hail Mary with a single grenade

If you think it was awesome, send it in.

Imma send you a swat double kill instead

About the best I can hope for from you.

Can you let me know if you got my email? Sent one in yesterday ^_^

Yes, I did.

The clips we already sent are in consideration already and don't have to be resent right?

Yes.

Well they said another trilogy arc and the next game is the end of this trilogy, who knows after that.

I don't think it's immune, i wouldn't be surprised if they try and force it into something akin to Destiny.

Well they said another trilogy arc and the next game is the end of this trilogy, who knows after that.

I don't think it's immune, i wouldn't be surprised if they try and force it into something akin to Destiny.

They said that when Halo 4 came out. They updated their stance to 'It's a saga, not a trilogy' during the development of Halo 5.

BraXzy

Hey G0SU

I keep telling him about your control scheme sensitivity, deadzone settings etc.

He refuses to believe, maybe if you messaged him the controls, so I can be proved right.

Quit making people spam my smurf account Elzar!

Nah I have no idea who Xand is.

Since I got back into Halo 5 for about a week my settings were at 4 & 4. Now the last two days it's been difficult to have a saved setting because anything else I input is too off now 3 & 3 as about therright balance. Whatever they did screwed with it. And I'm not the only person who's noticed the change since yesterday.

Hey G0SU

Ah didnt see this post until Braxzy quoted you. HAHA ... well i changed my settings once i got my elite controller SO... does he want the settings i said when the update first hit?

Since I got back into Halo 5 for about a week my settings were at 4 & 4. Now the last two days it's been difficult to have a saved setting because anything else I input is too off now 3 & 3 as about therright balance. Whatever they did screwed with it. And I'm not the only person who's noticed the change since yesterday.

Weird. So you're saying they adjusted the aiming setting a bit more with the latest update? More so, behind the scenes that you and others are encountering??

BraXzy

Black guy.

Stereotype, loves chicken usually fried.

I'm not even lying.

And he's not gonna be happy with me sharing this with you.

I've informed his next of kin.

In other news, probably already posted here from Reddit but yolo.

DlZwFOp.jpg

singhr1

PressPlay's closure is more surprising than Lionhead's. Two relatively well received games coming out of PressPlay while on the other hand Fable hasn't made a great game since 2. 3 and the Kinect game were bad and Legends was supposed to be a LAUNCH TITLE/Window game. Even thru the many beta weekends, many classes didn't feel great nor did many levels feel very unique.

Halo Wars 2 shouldn't have anything to worry about but a 3rd is probably dicey. I'm still surprised they are invested enough to make a second in the first place all things considered (especially after Ensemble Studios shut down).

Ah didnt see this post until Braxzy quoted you. HAHA ... well i changed my settings once i got my elite controller SO... does he want the settings i said when the update first hit?

Weird. So you're saying they adjusted the aiming setting a bit more with the latest update? More so, behind the scenes that you and others are encountering??

The pre elite settings pls

Thank you

So of the armor mods I have unlocked, which one would you go with?

Advanced Sensors
Auto-Medic
Death from Above
Frag Grenade Expert

I've been using advanced sensors, but I wonder if auto-medic is the better option.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Advanced Sensors
Auto-Medic
Death from Above
Frag Grenade Expert

I've been using advanced sensors, but I wonder if auto-medic is the better option.

I use the Thruster one.
Reduced cooldown on thruster evade. Can sprint faster and recharge shields when running.

Medic seems pretty solid too, though.

I've informed his next of kin.

In other news, probably already posted here from Reddit but yolo.
rbRadtk.jpg
Ugh I've always hated hearing people refer to halo 3 as the greatest halo ever. Both 1 & 2 will forever be better than 3 ever was for me. Other than that, I agree with the captions.
I use the Thruster one.
Reduced cooldown on thruster evade. Can sprint faster and recharge shields when running.

Medic seems pretty solid too, though.
I'll probably switch once that becomes available. I haven't unlocked it yet.

Magwik

Banned

Advanced Sensors
Auto-Medic
Death from Above
Frag Grenade Expert

Use advanced sensors. When you unlock upgraded shields rock that one 24/7

Yes. There were 3 others besides myself. 2 were in my party and another was a random in our team. It was frustrating trying to adjust and readjust it multiple times until I finally got used it.

Nah, Halo 5 changed the mechanics too much for people to jump back into a legacy title. a remaster at this point doesn't sound like a sound investment. I bet the population on MCC is so small these days to even justify people want a halo 3 re-master.

They'll pay homage to reach with that upcoming update " Remember Reach " to get halo 5 to sell like hotcakes.

Thats my take on it.

You are underestimating Halo 3..MCC has always been dead because it's broken..Halo 3 in MCC was just an upscale not remake..Imagine campaing and every MP map remade in new engine 1080p 60 fps..At least 5 million..Same applies for Reach aswell..

Ramirez

Yes. There were 3 others besides myself. 2 were in my party and another was a random in our team. It was frustrating trying to adjust and readjust it multiple times until I finally got used it.

I haven't noticed any difference at all.

^ 5 million? I think you're grossly overestimating anyone's desire to go back to 3 or Reach, especially with how good 5 is. H3 is my favorite in the series, but I have no desire to ever play it again after 5.

I haven't heard anyone talking about it...please link. Did you stop playing for a couple days? If you're not playing consistently its hard to get your aiming back down.

link1201

I'd prefer them to keep making stuff for Halo 5. I don't have any desire for remakes at this point. I think I have remake fatigue.

Defect

I haven't noticed any difference at all.

^ 5 million? I think you're grossly overestimating anyone's desire to go back to 3 or Reach, especially with how good 5 is. H3 is my favorite in the series, but I have no desire to ever play it again after 5.
It felt really different to me last night when I got on. But I put it off to me just being tired.

Top Bottom