• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Yes. There were 3 others besides myself. 2 were in my party and another was a random in our team. It was frustrating trying to adjust and readjust it multiple times until I finally got used it.

How does it feel different this time? I did not see any difference on my end when playing yesterday for a few hours. I'd like to see your results as this may just be you not playing for a while and trying to adjust to their new MM. Might be playing against people who are a little better than previously, idk.

You are underestimating Halo 3..MCC has always been dead because it's broken..Halo 3 in MCC was just an upscale not remake..Imagine campaing and every MP map remade in new engine 1080p 60 fps..At least 5 million..Same applies for Reach aswell..

5 million? Whoa, that is basing that the Halo community would actually come back to play Halo 3. I dont think the majority of people who LOVED halo 3 would even play halo 6. They moved on. The numbers are already in the sky with Halo 5 being the BEST mp since 2.

I highly doubt it that people want more re-masters. Even more so with the after-taste of a Halo MCC Remaster, everyone will still say "no thanks, been there done that". You can argue it wont be the same, but to the masses who don't give a flying fuck what 343i does with Halo, they will say it and say it loudly so you'll leave them alone.

Halo 5 only showcases what 343i is capable of when building something new and forward.

Let's be real.

pieface

I'm not sure whats going on with me and this game. The more I'm playing it the worst im getting. Used to be diamond, now platinum, and getting spanked by gold players. Weird.

blamite

SR65 and I finally got the basic level 6 DMR.
VmoPEgy.png

Ramirez

I'm not sure whats going on with me and this game. The more I'm playing it the worst im getting. Used to be diamond, now platinum, and getting spanked by gold players. Weird.

If it's Team Arena, the ranks have clearly been adjusted. I've played some sweaty ass matches this month against Plats/Low Diamonds.

I'm still hoping to unlock some new weapon skins soon. This game likes to give me green machine and fade skins, both of which are disgusting looking... If I can unlock the remembrance visor at some point, I'll have all of the visor colors I originally wanted - midnight, flood, matrix, and remembrance. Then I'll just be hoping for more weapon certs. It's funny because I really just don't care for many of the helmets. My favorite is still the Mark VI and that was unlocked from the beginning. I really want the req level 2 pistol and the beam rifle cert. Otherwise, I'm pretty content with everything at the moment.
I've started playing a lot more warzone, some to help with the achilles armor grind, but also because it's a lot less stressful not dealing with a rank.

EDIT:
SR65 and I finally got the basic level 6 DMR.
VmoPEgy.png
I must have gotten really lucky. Got it last week at SR 52, and only a few days after getting one of the rare level 8 dmr's.

link1201

Is it possible to rank down in ffa? I was messing around in a game yesterday came in last. (I was playing but trying for assassinations only) I still got the green arrows indicating my rank went up.

just opened my arena req packs for the week.

i think my favorite thing about the visors is just how incredibly different they are from one another....

5jNDp2l.png

Trup1aya

In terms of placements, they appear to be going for a equalized distribution curve instead of an ideal curve, which had the majority of the player base concentrated around the median skill level.

Prepare for some disorientation since what was once considered gold level play, will no longer neccisarily be that.

Akai__

Torque is my least favourite Slayer map now. It's way too big for 4vs4 and these spawns are just weird and out of place.

On that note, I really hate map weightings. Why can't all maps have the same % of showing up? I don't want to play Overgrowth and Torque in Slayer this often.

Welfare

i think my favorite thing about the visors is just how incredibly different they are from one another....

5jNDp2l.png

Yeah, I mean, one is ULTRA RARE. How unique.

Torque is my least favourite Slayer map now. It's way too big for 4vs4 and these spawns are just weird and out of place.

On that note, I really hate map weightings. Why can't all maps have the same % of showing up? I don't want to play Overgrowth and Torque in Slayer this often.

I remember back in Halo 3 when Bungie would actually have the weightings of maps/gametypes on the website. I mean, that would be nice at the very least.

Playlists with only one gametype should not have maps with less/more weighting than another, if that is the case.

I feel like torque can be a good map if you play solo. It at least offers quite a bit of area, cover and routes whereas a map like truth is straight up a nightmare for a solo player, especially against a full team.

Akai__

I remember back in Halo 3 when Bungie would actually have the weightings of maps/gametypes on the website. I mean, that would be nice at the very least.

Playlists with only one gametype should not have maps with less/more weighting than another, if that is the case.

I miss the veto system, to be honest. Every time there was a new Arena Map, you could really tell that it was weighted more. Don't like how they handle it now, because people have to complain first, until 343i takes action.

On top of that, I always wanted to have map vetos like SC2 has. Select up to lets say 3 maps (depending on how many maps actually exist in the playlist) and never see them online.

I feel like torque can be a good map if you play solo. It at least offers quite a bit of area, cover and routes whereas a map like truth is straight up a nightmare for a solo player, especially against a full team.

I NEVER play anything ranked in Arena alone. At least with a team of 3, because it's rare that you stand a chance on Onyx level when solo'ing.

Glass

5jNDp2l.png

I like the REQ system a lot, but there are examples like this where it takes the mick. Not to mention the different armour variations designed for FFA colours and not Red and Blue armour limitations.

BizzyBum

I don't even really play Arena anymore. I just play a social playlist or SWAT to get the daily win Req then just do warzone. I just can't stand trying to play competitive solo. Fiesta Slayer is nice though for those weapon comms.

blamite

I still don't understand why the visors haven't gotten more wild and out there. Pulsating, cracked, logos, etc.

Yeah, I wanna see more stuff like this (sorry for bad quality gifs)

YlQGRhg.gif

SqAB5Lx.gif

It's probably pretty hard to make something that'd look good with all the crazy helmet shapes that are in the game, but definitely more variety than what's there now would be great.

Yeah, im going to jump on WarZone tonight. I'll cross my fingers i get the maps with Forerunner and not the ones with nothing but Covie.

I believe they are split as in presence right?

Forerunner - ARC / STORM
Covie - APEX / NOCTUS

Since I got back into Halo 5 for about a week my settings were at 4 & 4. Now the last two days it's been difficult to have a saved setting because anything else I input is too off now 3 & 3 as about therright balance. Whatever they did screwed with it. And I'm not the only person who's noticed the change since yesterday.

Hey Noble, i skimmed on the xbox one preview forum that there were some changes with the Elite controller settings/sens related to the sticks and curves.

Not sure if you and your buddies are all using elites and are part of the program, but this is the only thing i could relate to the issue you were having.

From that thread -
I found a couple Reddit posts suggesting that maybe it changes the stick from standard X,Y values, to measure distance from center, which would prevent diagonal movements from being slower than horizontal/vertical.
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/48z82n/the_issue_with_the_curve_settings_for_the/
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/48perw/elite_controller_firmware_update/

Disabling "radial" doesn't seem to re-introduce the slowed diagonals though. (check the first reddit link for video and GIF examples from before and after this update)

More from last night :)

I suck at the jump for some reason, but who cares?

Don't worry, Kaos, I got this.

How the fuck is that promethean number still that high.

I thought we were under 2700 yesterday. I wonder if its not counting the garbage tier enemies.

It could be similar to that issue we had with the hunters, where it gave us both credit for the kill but didn't count towards either of our commendations :/

If that's the case, 343i needs to patch that shit before we even consider trying for lvl 5 crap.

Ramirez

How the fuck is that promethean number still that high.

I thought we were under 2700 yesterday. I wonder if its not counting the garbage tier enemies.

Well I think our small group was the only one's playing last night, so we knocked out a decent chunk. The vast majority of our SC doesn't play WZ, lol.

Muting does NOT work half the time for me. This guy would not stop making annoying noises and I couldn't do anything about it.

Mute All is broken too in lobby.

Just watch my clips and you'll feel like a god amung men.

:( i need to git gud.
No i'm the one that needs help. I don't even know how to ninja people. I just do slow-based turn kills lol.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XxDeputyMoonman/video/15477757

Rocking the green machine dmr skin since it's the only one i have for dmr's
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XxDeputyMoonman/video/15452089

and the equally hideous fade skin for the BR lol
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XxDeputyMoonman/video/15440027

Top Bottom