• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

G0SU bringing home the hard truths, damn :'(

Regardless of what maps they are on, I just hope they capture the fun of old firefights.

I would would like to think that Firefight would incorporate some campaign areas...

But you are probably right :(

Dont fret my dear friends. We finally have firefight where we can call in our light of urs and shower grunts with painful green gobs of nuclear delight!

Rejoice the fightfight is coming! Rejoice that the only worry you will have are team killers who want your norfang to get thay top score.

Rejoice!!!! Seriously though. Its gonna be fun and i hope when they reveal that it doesnt take away too much of my wind outa my sails..

:,)

Edit: wz footage looked like it was on ARC. .. Next to the garage or some copy paste base shit.

Do all prometheans count toward the commendation, including bosses, watchers and crawlers? I've been doing some warzone and trying to kill them when I can. Also got a couple of first strikes in Fiesta an hour ago or so.

How long do you guys think it would take them to build a new warzone map?

We knew about battle on noctus warzone map months before h5 release with the initial wz tease and trailer.

So with that in mind i give them 6 months for an estimated time; build, refine, art, tune, and all the other things i dont know about.

6 months until we get a brand new wz map we never seen footage of before.

Damn, would that make it end of april then?

How long do you guys think it would take them to build a new warzone map?

We knew about battle on noctus warzone map months before h5 release with the initial wz tease and trailer.

So with that in mind i give them 6 months for an estimated time; build, refine, art, tune, and all the other things i dont know about.

6 months until we get a brand new wz map we never seen footage of before.

Damn, would that make it end of april then?

I don't know but what I really want to see is a Warzone map on Sanghelios!

I don't know but what I really want to see is a Warzone map on Sanghelios!

Id love that too. Even one on Genesis with the alien trees all over. Wildlife just booming everywhere too.

Mmmmhmmmm

Edit:

I think a good pr move would to include warzone firefight with a new map ...And then say the mode is also avail on the rest of the warzone varients including assault modes.

Firefight will need to incorporate strongholds with moving locations. Those nifty spots in these current maps would be awesome. Cave, lower deck, etc.

Secondary objectives to kill X boxx for time shaved off current stronghold location. Some shizzle like that. Im just throwing random stuff out and hopefully it sounds good. Lol

As for the removal of the FRC on Riptide, I noticed it's made the map play much slower and campy. I just think slayer in general in this game is extremely campy the higher you get, the radar and nade markers need to go, but they probably won't. Also, the SPNKR on Overgrowth SH is a great addition, IMO. Too many of these maps are hard to break without a power weapon like that, the plasma caster was alright on OG, but I prefer rockets because it ensures that everyone will try and move for them, opening up more possibilities in a match.

As I said, Riptide needs another round of weapon change, there needs to be another H2 BR on the map, or move the H2 BR to another location, the map right now in Slayer has been nothing but top mid/nest camping, trying to get close is suicide against a formation there.

blamite

Welp, one game down... 5 Promethean kills (Noctus). It sure would be nice if the Warden spawned with more than two measly Watchers...

Oh also don't you just love calling in a Ghost Ultra and spending like 45 seconds just firing right at the Warden, proably taking off like a fifth of his health by yourself, and even when your team gets the kill, you don't even get assist credit? Love it. Really having fun with that Legendary Boss commendation. :mad:

clav

That's why I call WZ as bullshit game mode.

So much bullshit happens with who gets credit on (legendary) boss kills.

Haruko

The last 30 seconds of this clip make me cry.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Thorn Harvestar/video/15463967

That freeze happened in game for me. :S

Also

s4JUVvA.gif

and #teamwork
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Thorn Harvestar/video/15464090

Damn got booted out the company for not playing the last week or so due to work. ;_;

Resubmitted to join again since I'll be playing a lot more again.

Esque7

I randomly decided to play Halo 3 online and WOW it's nearly impossible to go back from Halo 5. It just feels so clunky.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
And crouching in the window. Like I said...

You guys realize you don't have to have jumped to the window just prior to the kill to be there, right?

Right. Point being, if he had gone through the window or jumped up from below I would have spotted him. Until now I didn't noticed he was invisible crouching there waiting.

Right. Point being, if he had gone through the window or jumped up from below I would have spotted him. Until now I didn't noticed he was invisible crouching there waiting.

Still not getting it, lol. He could have been camping there and using his teammate as bait. It's a popular tactic on that map. In that case you wouldn't have seen him either. You don't need the camo to pull it off.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Still not getting it, lol. He could have been camping there and using his teammate as bait. It's a popular tactic on that map. In that case you wouldn't have seen him either. You don't need the camo to pull it off.

If he were in that spot though without camo I would have see him. A red blob on the corner is noticeable. All I'm saying. Radar out of the equation.

I'll cut you.

If he were in that spot though without camo I would have see him. A red blob on the corner is noticeable. All I'm saying. Radar out of the equation.

I'll cut you.

You can stand on the outside part of the window with just a sliver of your toes on the ledge, bruh. You can't be seen unless the person straight up turns left.

Plasma

Banned
I'm still hoping they'll port the H2A maps over, it feels like they're wasted there. I know that game isn't dead but with the botched launch and H5 coming out that community isn't exactly thriving.

More people in the company need to play Warzone more often. I can't get these Promethean's all by myself now!
I'll get some games in this week. Been rather busy with work and other activities the last few days, but I'll gladly slay some more Prometheans in the days to come.

Cranster

Banned
A friend brought up an good point while we were playing Fiesta today. Is it an oversite that weapons like the SPNKR, Halo CE Magnum and H2 Battle Rifle are not available in the gametype or is it simply something 343i left out either for balancing reasons or because they have yet to simply make them available for Fiesta?

Top Bottom