• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Fuchsdh

Ok, we got a tie in Warzone, 1000-1000. First time that's happened to me. Game lasted more than 24 minutes.

The end of this game was amazing too. The enemy team got the Warden, which allowed them to catch up on us at around 930-930. They had both the fortress and the armory, so it clearly felt over. However, we managed to steal their armory (which was actually protected by a phaeton, meaning it was literally standing on the roof to stop the capture- he knew we could win if we took it). They had already around 960, but we slowly caught up, and we ended up with a tie. A second before, they had 998 and we only had 995, I can't believe it.

I wonder how that's actually possible. I guess that the scoring system for base points is ever X seconds and so it's considered as happening "the same time" for both teams?

Kibbles

When are 343 going to make downloading forge maps easier? I can't believe we still don't have a basic system in game, like jfc....

Glass

I still don't understand how choosing a custom game mode is still bugged. There's work arounds but most people trying it out won't know about them.

Magwik

Banned
I still don't understand how choosing a custom game mode is still bugged. There's work arounds but most people trying it out won't know about them.
It's absolutely fucking stupid. The games has been out for months and yet something as simple as setting up a custom game (and to a greater extent obtaining game types and maps) is incredibly difficult and frustrating

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
CLG and Denial are the new hype.
If you wabt sonething nore classic(boring) you are with Evil Geniusses

at this point, denial has had one great turn out. everything else has been definitely at the bottom of the barrel (top 8 wise). i'm calling regionals a fluke. they are in an easy pool though for worlds right? so, i imagine the hype will continue to some extent as they get through the first rounds without much challenge.

EDIT: ok, not bottom of the barrel, but i'd probably put them in 5th-8th somewhere

IHaveIce

Banned
at this point, denial has had one great turn out. everything else has been definitely at the bottom of the barrel (top 8 wise). i'm calling regionals a fluke. they are in an easy pool though for worlds right? so, i imagine the hype will continue to some extent as they get through the first rounds without much challenge.

Nah, what I predicted already since Regionals, Denial is only as good as their Coach is, they are too hotheaded on their own but their coach keeps them calm.

In those online scrims they played without Elumnite, I say they'll show up at worlds

Nowise10

I am not kidding when I say I can not choose a single bookmarked gametype. I always need a friend to start the custom games on the rare occasions we want to play a mini-game type mode.

Ridiculous

Breaking news: RyaNoob will be the new coach of Chosen Squad the team that will represent Mexico and Latin America in the Halo World Championship . . .

3Nuu27g.png

4236039+_8fce9779ac2e090b8dd85ec31ec8940f.gif

As a Caster from the LATAM finals I don't know how I feel about this

IHaveIce

Banned
I have the issue that it doesn't show me that I selected the bookmarked file, but when I start the game it is like I have chosen it and it starts

Give 343i some time. It's not like this is the 3rd that a File Browser is missing at launch.

I kinda can't help but wonder if Halo 5's budget was smaller than we realize.

It was incredibly streamlined and focused - what it does, it does good.. but it certainly is lacking in variety, which the monthly updates are working towards fixing.

I don't know. I just don't have nearly as many fun 'halo' moments in this game, but the gameplay and shooting is really solid.

fuck clamber though

because of time i'm really starting to contemplate if they are ever going to put in oddball or richocet in actual arena. i'm sure they will but should of delayed the update and put those game types in playlist because that would of been the perfect trade-off. just starting to make me salty they put fiesta and not either of those two, its alright and all but it's just slayer and never had that much appeal to me to begin with.

other people do want ricochet and oddball in playlist right? I know some people didn't play much of 4 but those two were really strong/competitive/fun game types. also maybe one day they add regicide in team arena.

Especially with the short ranking seasons, I don't touch any of the ranked 'lists aside from Arena. Grifball and (hopefully) Infection are very nice palate cleansers, especially if I'm solo and don't want to get stomped in Warzone.
Yeah they need to extend the season longer. One month is too short. And lately I've been getting stomped in warzone playing solo. Es no bueno. Anyway, I miss gosu.

Trup1aya

It was incredibly streamlined and focused - what it does, it does good.. but it certainly is lacking in variety, which the monthly updates are working towards fixing.

I don't know. I just don't have nearly as many fun 'halo' moments in this game, but the gameplay and shooting is really solid.

fuck clamber though

To me it doesn't seem like budgetary issues. It seems like something came up in the middle of development that forced them to make serious cuts in order to ship on time...

If I had to guess, that something was MCC. Typically they'd have quite a few contractors working on content. This time around all of their usual contractors were working on MCC, and then trying to fix it well after it launched. It seems like all of Halo5 was made in-house

JackHerer

To me it doesn't seem like budgetary issues. It seems like something came up in the middle of development that forced them to make serious cuts in order to ship on time...

If I had to guess, that something was MCC. Typically they'd have quite a few contractors working on content. This time around all of their usual contractors were working on MCC, and then trying to fix it well after it launched. It seems like all of Halo5 was made in-house

Seems to be the most plausible explanation. Don't think the issue was their budget...

Akai__

fuck clamber though

This is not only a budget question, in my eyes. You have 14 years of Halo history that you have complete access to. All these features already exist and yet they ship with less features and content. It seriously boggles my mind, because 343i seems to like to start from 0 every time for these basic features.

Strider

Home screen says "Connect to Xbox Live" and in-game I'm getting the "Can't connect to Halo 5 lobby" errors...

but the XB1 homescreen shows me what friends of mine are online lol XBL is weird
and trash
nowadays.

I've tried a hard reset and I've checked my internet... I hope whatever the issue is it's cleared up soon.

Trup1aya

Breaking news: RyaNoob will be the new coach of Chosen Squad the team that will represent Mexico and Latin America in the Halo World Championship . . .

3Nuu27g.png

4236039+_8fce9779ac2e090b8dd85ec31ec8940f.gif

As a Caster from the LATAM finals I don't know how I feel about this

What was the bad news prior to ryanoob signing on as coach?

What was the bad news prior to ryanoob signing on as coach?

Rinnegan one of the original members of Chosen Squad was not able to make the travel to the USA do to problems with his papers, Dany Knight from Chosen Legacy will take his place, also the previous coach Windragon had a similar problem

Ok, we got a tie in Warzone, 1000-1000. First time that's happened to me. Game lasted more than 24 minutes.

The end of this game was amazing too. The enemy team got the Warden, which allowed them to catch up on us at around 930-930. They had both the fortress and the armory, so it clearly felt over. However, we managed to steal their armory (which was actually protected by a phaeton, meaning it was literally standing on the roof to stop the capture- he knew we could win if we took it). They had already around 960, but we slowly caught up, and we ended up with a tie. A second before, they had 998 and we only had 995, I can't believe it.

We had an interesting tie in Fiesta yesterday too.

Trup1aya

Yeah but this has to teach them a lesson, I talked with them a few months ago about this issue, I said be ready and solve everything on time but of course they didn't followed my advice.

I'm sure it'll be a lesson to everyone. Sucks to lose a shot at a payday over a foreseeable and avoidable technicality

mo60

I hope you guys don't unlock the first part of Achilles before Friday. I want to actually contribute a bit to unlocking it on the weekend.

Pardon the GIF but someone explain this one to me?

WihAEWq.gif

I got respawned while holding the flag, attacking an enemy and taking bugger all damage. My supposed "death" didn't show in the kill cam feed either?

Top Bottom