• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Fuchsdh

Take it elsewhere, guys and leave the thread Halo-focused. Mods can be complete dicks if they want, it's a privately-run website.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Some people obnoxiously play devil's advocate for the sake of it, but some people legitimately try to have an intelligent discussion without slander or offending anyone, yet get banned. How does this help anyone or make them understand? This happens with a variety of topics. Based on your response sounds like you're all for the off-topic mob mentality though so whatever.

You see this a lot anywhere.

Anyhow, anyone excited that finals are near? HaloWC that is.

Take it elsewhere, guys and leave the thread Halo-focused. Mods can be complete dicks if they want, it's a privately-run website.

This is true.

You see this a lot in off topic.

Anyhow, anyone excited that finals are near? HaloWC that is.
Stoked honestly. Been watching CLG mainly on Twitch since they are the only consistent streamers it seems. Still rooting for EG to come through though.

daedalius

Also, if anyone at 343 in charge of WZ reads this. I feel like I came up with a pretty good solution to core farming, though I'm sure I'm not the only one to say it.

Once a team caps all 3 bases, the Core should start to overheat for being exposed, the team with the core exposed has a set amount of time to capture a base, or it explodes. Make it 5 minutes or something, and it doesn't reset.

It's one thing to 3 cap and continue killing bosses, but we faced some shit heads last night that left Captain Womick up and every boss after that the entire game while they farmed us in our Core for 20 minutes. This is easily fixed, c'mon 343.

Distilled misery

This kind of made me want to take out my disc and never put it back in

Don't worry though, we can still destroy the enemy's core

My solution still helps even when teams aren't being malicious, the current Core concept sucks ass with these base designs.
It's a good idea, for sure.
Speed boost plus an ONI turret, let’s go!
I got assassinated lol.

http://xboxclips.com/Furious+Demise/856dcf19-c7e3-4dd8-9044-1f06bd6c4620
hahahah what a buzzkill.. Speaking of jerks, the Warden Eternal is a damn troll. Didn't let me have any fun with my Wraith Ultra ;[

Just ran into my first instance of fucking losers glitching into the base in Dispatch in Warzone Assault. So fucking stupid this hasn't been fixed.

Ramirez

Distilled misery

This kind of made me want to take out my disc and never put it back in

Don't worry though, we can still destroy the enemy's core

To be fair, the game could be perfect and I think you'd still find something to whine about. That was some next level shit last night!

Warzone in que. Gonna get us some prom kills boyzzzz.

That feeling when your classes are done, you've gone to the gym, eaten, gotten homework out of the way, and taken all the tests for this week and prepare for a quiet evening of Halo ...

... when the teacher from your most tedious class emails a reminder out that this week is a double chapter week, and you just now remembered.

jhnif8gycsvd.png

mjcry1.png

That feeling when your classes are done, you've gone to the gym, eaten, gotten homework out of the way, and taken all the tests for this week and prepare for a quiet evening of Halo ...

... when the teacher from your most tedious class emails a reminder out that this week is a double chapter week, and you just now remembered.

jhnif8gycsvd.png

mjcry1.png

Damn man!! The agony!!!

jhnif8gycsvd.png

mjcry1.png

No way I'd do that tonight lmao.

Fuchsdh

Why are there people who insist on getting into your gungoose and moving you around? You're just reducing my nadespam, in this case allowing a fuel rod to attack the core unmolested. Then again, if they were any good I wouldn't have to use the gun goose I guess.

Also, if anyone at 343 in charge of WZ reads this. I feel like I came up with a pretty good solution to core farming, though I'm sure I'm not the only one to say it.

Once a team caps all 3 bases, the Core should start to overheat for being exposed, the team with the core exposed has a set amount of time to capture a base, or it explodes. Make it 5 minutes or something, and it doesn't reset.

It's one thing to 3 cap and continue killing bosses, but we faced some shit heads last night that left Captain Womick up and every boss after that the entire game while they farmed us in our Core for 20 minutes. This is easily fixed, c'mon 343.

Yeah, as I think I said at the time, this is a good solution. If you haven't fought your way out by then, you're never going to get out. Also gives randies a more obvious incentive to not turtle like derples.

Why are there people who insist on getting into your gungoose and moving you around? You're just reducing my nadespam, in this case allowing a fuel rod to attack the core unmolested. Then again, if they were any good I wouldn't have to use the gun goose I guess.
Because if there's a vehicle without a Wheelman, I have to correct that. This is of course if I'm not the one nadespamming, but when people take me for a ride, I understand. A bond is always shared, be it positive or negative.

daedalius

To be fair, the game could be perfect and I think you'd still find something to whine about. That was some next level shit last night!

Perhaps.

Halo makes me rage harder than any other game I usually play. I don't remember it always being that way though, probably just getting worse as I get older.

Madness

Imagine if we got Legendary Fiesta where it's all the ultra rare and legendary req weapons. That would be even crazier. Hopefully they unlock reqs for arena use soon. They have the tools set up because we could see Hammer Storm update weapons and attachments shown off in Fathom Arena etc.

Let's get things like Legendary Snipers where we all get Nornfangs for the weekend etc.

Atkison04

I tried to net some promethean kills in warzone the last 2 hours for halogaf. Not sure what I ended up with. I assume assists don't count in this regard? Seems everyone scrambles when prometheans spawn in.

Perhaps.

Halo makes me rage harder than any other game I usually play. I don't remember it always being that way though, probably just getting worse as I get older.

You would rage with Destiny PvP too when I still played. Maybe you just don't like competitive shit in your old age.

Cranster

Banned
Torque is still a shitty map. I swear, 343i needs to quit catering to the MLG userbase and come up with more creative Arena maps like Bungie did in the Halo 2 and Halo 3 days.

One thing I would love is if destroying the core in Warzone resulted in the base going kaboom and killing every single player inside.

Like how the elites got bombed when the spartans won in Invasion in the Reach beta.

IHaveIce

Banned
Torque is still a shitty map. I swear, 343i needs to quit comparing to the MLG userbase and come up with more creative Arena maps like Bungie did in the Halo 2 and Halo 3 days.
Comparing to the MLG userbase? Idk what you even mean. The proscene is also unhappy with the map.
Yea we need some real bangers like Isolation and Gemini.
Lmao. Exactly.

Imo Torque (like almost all Arena maps) need a different weapon set up and a deep look into the Spawns.

Strongholds on Torque is abyssimal. Such stupid placements

Top Bottom