• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Ramirez

Our SC motto or whatever was changed to #NODAYSOFF

lol
goodjob.gif

How could I pass up that motto??

Those that hold regular customs nights - if you select the file from their files rather than from their bookmarks it'll always load. Bookmarks are broken. I have a list of gamertags and maps/modes by my Xbox, just use that for reference.

Sorry, too busy having the ranking system place me in diamond yet still match me with champs every game like I never left. GG boyz

CdK3w3YW4AY6B_O.jpg:large

CdK3xChWEAAxNXM.jpg:large
Isn't being a Champion in FFA like not even an accomplishment? Wasn't it like something like 40% of FFA players are Onyx? And ending in like 4th above counts as a win in FFA?

Diamond isn't that different.

Isn't being a Champion in FFA like not even an accomplishment? Wasn't it like something like 40% of FFA players are Onyx? And ending in like 4th above counts as a win in FFA?

Diamond isn't that different.

Someone hasn't kept up with the updates to the ranking system...

On a separate note, do you ever contribute to conversations here anymore with posts that are anything other than an elitest, who-gives-a-shit-I'm-too-good-for-this attitude?

Serious question.

Detective

Detective? More like Defective amiryt?

Clicking isn't normal, unless you mean when the thumbstick hits the edge of the plastic surround. If it bothers you and it seems dodgy enough I'd say return.

It's not exact a cheap piece of kit.

it's not normal.

Thanks for the help guys.
I called MS and they have sent me the return label and will refund the money back when the controller is received , Placed an order for a new one so I wont be without controller. The old one will be sent when the new one is received. Brilliant :D

Someone hasn't kept up with the updates to the ranking system...

On a separate note, do you ever contribute to conversations here anymore with posts that are anything other than an elitest, who-gives-a-shit-I'm-too-good-for-this attitude?

Serious question.
I haven't. Mind being nice and sending me a link or something with how the updated ranking system works? :)

Also, I just don't really post here at all because everyone here is actually playing the game, so unless I'm coming in here to tease Ian, I just kind of lurk until I can respond to something I can speak about, like the ranking system or accessories or HCS or updates.

Thanks for the help guys.
I called MS and they have sent me the return label and will refund the money back when the controller is received , Placed an order for a new one so I wont be without controller. The old one will be sent when the new one is received. Brilliant :D
Yeah it really sucks the way Microsoft handles returns for accessories. Slight ticking on controller is a "common" problem in the sense that it's definitely had in a few controllers manufactured. Out of all my controllers, the only one that has that issue is my Elite, and it really sucks cause I didn't want to return it to MS and be without it for a while, and stores had non to exchange. :(

Good on you for making sure your expensive purchase is flawless, I wish I had the patients to do that.

I haven't. Mind being nice and sending me a link or something with how the updated ranking system works? :)

Also, I just don't really post here at all because everyone here is actually playing the game, so unless I'm coming in here to tease Ian, I just kind of lurk until I can respond to something I can speak about, like the ranking system or accessories or HCS or updates.

Basically the distribution curve of the ranks has been adjusted downward as people got better and the manner in which people's placements are determined (the reason for too many onyxes) has become stricter. Also, there is now an upper bound on possible placement of Onyx 1700, as well as a new minimum for champion, so you can no longer place too high and can no longer place into champion.

It's fine if you don't play too much, but many of your posts come across (on here and elsewhere as well) as if you're too good for the game or the people who play it/make it anymore. Not to mention constantly mentioning CSGO doesn't mean shit to anyone, just like your old canard of mentioning how many of each console you owned. You don't have to have a shtick to be a member of internet communities, you know.

Detective

Yeah it really sucks the way Microsoft handles returns for accessories. Slight ticking on controller is a "common" problem in the sense that it's definitely had in a few controllers manufactured. Out of all my controllers, the only one that has that issue is my Elite, and it really sucks cause I didn't want to return it to MS and be without it for a while, and stores had non to exchange. :(

Good on you for making sure your expensive purchase is flawless, I wish I had the patients to do that.

Its an expensive piece of hardware, And an amazing one. I had to return it if there is something wrong with it :D

So basically I bought a second controller, The first will be refunded when its received. I think thats a good way to go :) I wont be without a controller, Money will be refunded, I get a new one. :D

You should have returned it dude :/
I just hope my new one wont have that ticking sound, If it does, I will also return it and so on and so forth until I get a good one :p

But about the controller, Its the best controller I have ever used. simply amazing.

Loomba

Final stretch HaloGAF!

Ground vehicle kills are done just need 1091 Promethean kills and the armour is ours!

Everyone get killing :D

m23

I've been doing some achievement hunting in campaign and man is there a lot of hidden stuff in this game. Like the underground tunnels in the battle for sunaion mission. Great stuff.

Akai__

I've been doing some achievement hunting in campaign and man is there a lot of hidden stuff in this game. Like the underground tunnels in the battle for sunaion mission. Great stuff.

I really love all the hidden REQ weapon placements in the campaign. There is so many of them.

IHaveIce

Banned
Basically the distribution curve of the ranks has been adjusted downward as people got better and the manner in which people's placements are determined (the reason for too many onyxes) has become stricter. Also, there is now an upper bound on possible placement of Onyx 1700, as well as a new minimum for champion, so you can no longer place too high and can no longer place into champion.

It's fine if you don't play too much, but many of your posts come across (on here and elsewhere as well) as if you're too good for the game or the people who play it/make it anymore. Not to mention constantly mentioning CSGO doesn't mean shit to anyone, just like your old canard of mentioning how many of each console you owned. You don't have to have a shtick to be a member of internet communities, you know.
Damn. I agree.
Speedy you are a nice dude, but you are out of the loop for months and still try to talk people down in here.

Sorry, too busy having the ranking system place me in diamond yet still match me with champs every game like I never left. GG boyz
I feel like they're taking everyone's prior placement into account and then punishing you on top of it. I need to see who I'll be pitted against in FFA haven't played it this month yet.

Fuchsdh

You guys are so bothered by Bravo, it's cute. Everyone's got their own Halo fan community roots. It's like expecting Grim to namecheck GAF constantly; he's from HBO and that's where he usually interacts besides dropping Canon Fodders on us here.

E92 M3

You guys are so bothered by Bravo, it's cute. Everyone's got their own Halo fan community roots. It's like expecting Grim to namecheck GAF constantly; he's from HBO and that's where he usually interacts besides dropping Canon Fodders on us here.

No one is genuinely bothered, it's just funny.

Ramirez

Lucky us.

Top Bottom