• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

daedalius

You would rage with Destiny PvP too when I still played. Maybe you just don't like competitive shit in your old age.

I don't think its necessarily that I don't like competitive shit, but if it's not a "good match" and a "good/fun game" I just feel like I'm wasting my time.

I have lots of other shit to do, that I should probably be doing instead of playing halo, so if that time feels wasted I am just pissed.

Also wow, this thread is slow as shit. Do people post here anymore?

Akai__

Typo on my part.

More like Lockout and Turf.

So what was the typo? You said they need to stop to cater to the MLG crowd, while mentioning Torque in the same post. Torque is a map that seems to be only designed for one purpose and that's Assault. Every other gametype (well maybe not CTF) is horrible on it.

I agree that we need more creative maps and maps that actually play well like Truth and Colliseum, but Lockout and Turf are definitely not on that list.

What level are you?

EDIT: Anyone know why Stinkles is banned?

He gets banned like every 3 months in OT, but either way, we were told several times that we shouldn't discuss bans in threads like this. It's just not the place for it.

im_dany

Haven't had much time in the last two weeks because uni started again, but I'll try to be active in Warzone and get the damn armor.

~250 ground vehicle kills
~2400 promethean kills

So close.. :D

Since they are skipping the March update.. I might end up catching up on other backlog i have now. It kind of really sucks that one of the longest months is when we don't get any update.

I'll keep grinding until we get the armor, but after that i may take a small break. Gotta get my pre-order first for Quantum Break and i still need to finish RoTR. lol

Or maybe it just because of a certain string of events my mental capacity is a bit exhausted and i just need a break from a lot of things.

You guys feel the same about this month being a non update month and killing the momentum to keep playing?

Since they are skipping the March update.. I might end up catching up on other backlog i have now. It kind of really sucks that one of the longest months is when we don't get any update.

I'll keep grinding until we get the armor, but after that i may take a small break. Gotta get my pre-order first for Quantum Break and i still need to finish RoTR. lol

Or maybe it just because of a certain string of events my mental capacity is a bit exhausted and i just need a break from a lot of things.

You guys feel the same about this month being a non update month and killing the momentum to keep playing?

Yeah I feel this exactly, since I have nothing new to look forward to this month for halo i'm not as motivated to play it. since other games are coming out I want to play those more instead and probably because of this my skill in halo will vastly go down. this month itself has been my worst month since launch with only ranking diamond in playlist i usually rank onyx in. since I don't feel like playing the game as much.
My hope being is that they will see this as a possibility for this month and add something to keep people playing. Like some forge made maps from the community for btb/arena or put ricochet and oddball in the game because as good as assault and fiesta is i cant help but feel like they are not as interesting as ricochet and oddball.

Yeah between it being a non update month and me finishing off silvers only to get two ultra rare emblems in my first gold pack, I may have to take a bit of an extended break to finish off other games/have a real life for a while (at least once Fiesta is removed -- that shit is just too fun).

I'll probably be playing less, I just log in to play WZ for Achilles atm. Ever since Achilles started I've been playing a lot. I went from SR 50 to over 100 now. There are just other games I'm going to play more of atm, like The Division and Stardew Valley. I mean I'll start play H5, just not as much.

Yeah I feel this exactly, since I have nothing new to look forward to this month for halo i'm not as motivated to play it. since other games are coming out I want to play those more instead and probably because of this my skill in halo will vastly go down. this month itself has been my worst month since launch with only ranking diamond in playlist i usually rank onyx in. since I don't feel like playing the game as much.
My hope being is that they will see this as a possibility for this month and add something to keep people playing. Like some forge made maps from the community for btb/arena or put ricochet and oddball in the game because as good as assault and fiesta is i cant help but feel like they are not as interesting as ricochet and oddball.

Yeah i need fiesta a perm option now to get my weapon commedations up. I also don't care about my placement anymore. I'll just rank to get the seasonal emblem moving forward lol...

Yeah between it being a non update month and me finishing off silvers only to get two ultra rare emblems in my first gold pack, I may have to take a bit of an extended break to finish off other games/have a real life for a while (at least once Fiesta is removed -- that shit is just too fun).

Yeah, i think Fiesta is so good. I'm hopeful it stays perm and becomes mixed with Legendary Fiesta where we see weapons from Rare, Ultra-Rare to Legendary on BTB maps or some shit. lol ooo a btb fiesta with the big guns sound fun!!!

I'll probably be playing less, I just log in to play WZ for Achilles atm. Ever since Achilles started I've been playing a lot. I went from SR 50 to over 100 now. There are just other games I'm going to play more of atm, like The Division and Stardew Valley. I mean I'll start play H5, just not as much.

Yeah, i think the most fun im having right now is with the WZ Sat GAF sessionf or Achilles and Fiesta. I used to be all about Slayer but since the MM is a little borked in my opinion, i dont even bother anymore. I haven't even touched Arena this whole season.

-----

Phew, i almost thought i was the only one thinking like this. Well, there you have it 343i. hopefully there is something in the works for Friday's community update to keep us excited haha. not to put pressure, but you have pressue building. HCS wont be the saving grace you're hoping it will be. I'll watch but i dont think it will boost the population, or maybe im totally wrong. lol

Trup1aya

I'm actually glad it's a non update month. I might actually get to finish my silvers...

RIP to the population though. There were over 100k fewer people to get ranked in slayer this time around... So it seems to have peaked the month prior.

I'd like to see some free weekends or something to reenergize the playerbase

No update is definitely killing the momentum...and I think I'm just getting burnt out on ranks resetting. I finally thought I was at the top of my game and get sent back to Diamond this month. I haven't even placed in Team Arena yet I've been playing mainly Warzone and Fiesta for commendations. Next update has gotta be huge and better come right when april hits.

Loomba

Haven't had much time in the last two weeks because uni started again, but I'll try to be active in Warzone and get the damn armor.

~250 ground vehicle kills
~2400 promethean kills

So close.. :D

It's 1395 prom kills dude, you're off by 1000 :D

At this point we only need to focus on vanilla WZ and getting prom kills ground vehicle kills should come naturally.

I'm so hyped for Achilles, it's seriously the best looking, most unique armour in the game imo

IHaveIce

Banned
All you guys better still grind this month. I have an intimate relationship with Elzar he will kick you out if you are slacking

Fuchsdh

Well then I have forever to go it looks like lol.

I'm Lvl 62ish and I'm just 30-odd silvers away from completing those packs. Thats with purchasing the Arena and previous bundle. I was initially dumping a lot more of my boosts before I realized it was worth keeping them, and I've gotten a lot more aggressive about mass-selling REQs now that I've gotten a lot better loadout weapons.

I'm actually glad it's a non update month. I might actually get to finish my silvers...

RIP to the population though. There were over 100k fewer people to get ranked in slayer this time around... So it seems to have peaked the month prior.

I'd like to see some free weekends or something to reenergize the playerbase

its actually been doing really, really, really well on xbl top played games. ive seen it go from 4-10. last night was the only time i saw it off the top 10 in a long time, i think thats just cause the division.

honestly, its probably because people dont like ranked very much

Fuchsdh

its actually been doing really, really, really well on xbl top played games. ive seen it go from 4-10. last night was the only time i saw it off the top 10 in a long time, i think thats just cause the division.

Well if they keep rotating the playlists I don't see much of an issue. Based on their target date for early April, I don't see how any reduction in the playerbase makes much sense... we'll be waiting maybe an extra week for content that's been dropping at the end of the month anyhow.

Trup1aya

Yeah, it could be because people have migrated to the new social playlists... I hadn't thought about that.

I've never liked halo social lists, and when assault came out, I barely finished getting my ranks in slayer and Arena...

Also Achilles might have drawn quite a few people into Warzone. I know it drew me in...

Edit: sigh I'm Spartan rank 75 and have 68 items to unlock before I finish my silvers. That's 34 silvers, 170,000 RP. With an average of 1500 RP per Warzone Assault match, that's around 114 matches (~22hrs of playtime); assuming I don't sell most of the shit I get in each pack (which at this point, I probably will).

They really want me to spend the cash don't they?

Fuchsdh

Especially with the short ranking seasons, I don't touch any of the ranked 'lists aside from Arena. Grifball and (hopefully) Infection are very nice palate cleansers, especially if I'm solo and don't want to get stomped in Warzone.

Strider

Still waiting for my social arena playlist. Fiesta is cool but I still prefer regular old Halo modes... I looooved the assault social playlist and I totally forgot it was just gonna get replaced by a goofy game mode like assault :/

The lack of a regular mode being social is the biggest reason I've played ranked this month. I guess that's the point though.....?

BraXzy

First Stinkles and now G0SU
Rip

RIP G0SU. You were a good Spartan. Not good at Halo, good as a person Kappa.

The lack of an update this month does kinda suck. I kept saying it when the dates kept moving further up that they'd push it a whole month. Remind me, did they says its gonna be early on? Or will it still have a similar date in April?

Magwik

Banned
I honestly don't mind the break month. Just gonna throw more hours into Binding of Isaac and maybe SF5 when the March update drops.

BraXzy

I honestly don't mind the break month. Just gonna throw more hours into Binding of Isaac and maybe SF5 when the March update drops.

In a way it's a good thing because the division has come out and there's always a backlog but it's bad for Halo because I'm less tempted to play :3

im_dany

It's 1395 prom kills dude, you're off by 1000 :D

At this point we only need to focus on vanilla WZ and getting prom kills ground vehicle kills should come naturally.

I'm so hyped for Achilles, it's seriously the best looking, most unique armour in the game imo

You're right, for some reason I read 10000 total kills, I'm going crazy lol

Hell yeah lock and load! now I'm ready to get those final Promethean kills

KFB40eX.jpg

Detective

Some input guys,
I've got the Elite controller. Amazing hardware and plays perfectly with Halo 5.

I got one tiny problem though.
The left stick is making a ticking sound when rotating.

Is that normal ?
Should I return it?

BraXzy

Some input guys,
I've got the Elite controller. Amazing hardware and plays perfectly with Halo 5.

I got one tiny problem though.
The left stick is making a ticking sound when rotating.

Is that normal ?
Should I return it?

Detective? More like Defective amiryt?

Clicking isn't normal, unless you mean when the thumbstick hits the edge of the plastic surround. If it bothers you and it seems dodgy enough I'd say return.

It's not exact a cheap piece of kit.

Detective

Detective? More like Defective amiryt?

Clicking isn't normal, unless you mean when the thumbstick hits the edge of the plastic surround. If it bothers you and it seems dodgy enough I'd say return.

It's not exact a cheap piece of kit.

It's like when I rotate it 360 I got that ticking sound . And the ticking position keeps changing .

Thanks dude.
I will talk to them tomorrow for return.

And I didn't get the amiryt thing :p

Vico

Ok, we got a tie in Warzone, 1000-1000. First time that's happened to me. Game lasted more than 24 minutes.

The end of this game was amazing too. The enemy team got the Warden, which allowed them to catch up on us at around 930-930. They had both the fortress and the armory, so it clearly felt over. However, we managed to steal their armory (which was actually protected by a phaeton, meaning it was literally standing on the roof to stop the capture- he knew we could win if we took it). They had already around 960, but we slowly caught up, and we ended up with a tie. A second before, they had 998 and we only had 995, I can't believe it.

Top Bottom