• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

link1201

If they're teasing Firefight already maybe it's far enough along to be included in the Reach update? Late April/early May then? That'd be pretty good. It'll be nice to actually be able to easily grind Promethean and Covenant kills like it's nothing.

I'm kinda hoping the same thing. Frankie said a bit ago it was coming along nicely too.

I haven't really been playing H5 at all this month, I'm looking forward to HWC though.

This is how I feel atm

5pgetj5.jpg

Just killed two wardens simultaneously and now the only achievements I have left for Halo 5 are the 5 co-op based ones. I need a volunteer. :p

if could figure out how to plug my xbone into my g-sync monitor, i'd be playing non-stop.

i work from my studio in the backyard, and have been real busy lately.

i've been attempting to stream via my w10 PC but the lag just frustrates the shit outta me.

School's been rough man. Week 10 though, 5 weeks to go. Then a long SWEEEET summer, just in time for Firefight.

Yeah school can get rough sometimes. I'm so glad I'll finally be done with it this summer.

Never realized how much renegades relies on autos. Bad kids?

That's just the H5 sandbox. Autos are extremely viable at closer ranges. Speaking of which are they ever going to nerf the SR? At least make it spawn less or something if you don't plan on nerfing it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
That's just the H5 sandbox. Autos are extremely viable at closer ranges. Speaking of which are they ever going to nerf the SR? At least make it spawn less or something if you don't plan on nerfing it.

Wellll, it's renegades. They seem to use them more than other top teams. At most ranges. Bad kids for sure.

Kibbles

Backing out never works when I accidentally click a playlist one starts up anyway on me >_> just got forced into a team arena game

Fuchsdh

75K REQ points. It's pretty crazy how fast you burn through REQs if you're playing Warzone, though. And only 29 silver packs to go...

blamite

Just killed two wardens simultaneously and now the only achievements I have left for Halo 5 are the 5 co-op based ones. I need a volunteer. :p

How do you do that one solo, anyway? BiRi, or Splaser or something? Or do you just need to get them both in the death animation at the same time, and that's long enough to kill them with short window in-between?

IHaveIce

Banned
I wonder how the tourney will work with the OS glitch.
In Slayer matches a team with a higher lead can easily glitch the OS so the other team has no chance of a comeback through OS

BradC00

I wonder how the tourney will work with the OS glitch.
In Slayer matches a team with a higher lead can easily glitch the OS so the other team has no chance of a comeback through OS

they probably have a new build of the game that has it fixed. now that I think about it, I haven't had it for the last week or two. I haven't been playing that much tho.

Having not played much at all since launch, is opening only bronze packs until you only receive more REQ points (thus insuring you've exhausted all bronze items) still the optimal way to buy packs?

How do you do that one solo, anyway? BiRi, or Splaser or something? Or do you just need to get them both in the death animation at the same time, and that's long enough to kill them with short window in-between?

You have to get them in the death animation at the same time, though a couple times I could see both vortexes/black holes and it wasn't fast enough. I used the incineration canon and the binary rifle. When I went in the room I had my team aim at one Warden and quickly kill him and then I went back and forth on each Warden until they were near death.

I need them co op cheevos

Sweet. We can get it done rather quickly.

klaus

Having not played much at all since launch, is opening only bronze packs until you only receive more REQ points (thus insuring you've exhausted all bronze items) still the optimal way to buy packs?
Yep. Just make sure you sell all unneeded reqs, might even sell the xp ones..
Edit: Afterwards, it's silver all the way - still have around 120 packs left :/

iExplicit

Finally god validated, that took a while.

Hey, everybody. I'm Explicit. Been lurking here for too long and it's nice to finally be able to post here :)

what's the OS glitch?

haven't heard of this...

g-sync monitors are all display port only. :/

i have a second monitor, but its input lag is even worse than my HDTV [it's an IPS, used mainly for photography, not for gaming].

Just buy a HDMI > DisplayPort dongle and you're good to go. I'm running 4 monitors all via display port but 2 with HDMI converters. They're cheap and effective.

Trup1aya

I remember arguing with some fool on another forum over how stupid the lack of LAN support was for Halo5.

I was told it wasn't that big a deal, because 'everyone has internet' And 343i's devkit closed network solution works for HWC . when I mentioned LAN was crucial for 3rd party tourneys, he still couldn't understand the problem with requiring a net connection.

Well now we have a pretty high profile casualty of this massive oversight

http://gamersforgiving.org/halo-tournament-update/

So many baffling decisions with this game.

Just buy a HDMI > DisplayPort dongle and you're good to go. I'm running 4 monitors all via display port but 2 with HDMI converters. They're cheap and effective.

been looking at those - can you link me to one that works decently?

most of the options I've found seem dodgy in one way or another...

also, what should I do for sound - plug speakers into my controller's 3.5mm jack?

Sai

I remember arguing with some fool on another forum over how stupid the lack of LAN support was for Halo5.

I was told it wasn't that big a deal, because 'everyone has internet' And 343i's devkit closed network solution works for HWC . when I mentioned LAN was crucial for 3rd party tourneys, he still couldn't understand the problem with requiring a net connection.

:( That's a shame.

what's the OS glitch?

haven't heard of this...

i have a second monitor, but its input lag is even worse than my HDTV [it's an IPS, used mainly for photography, not for gaming].

Old model IPS I guess? My 2010 Dell U2311 and 2014 U2414H are IPS panels with 6ms GtG response time and are awesome for gaming.

IHaveIce

Banned
what's the OS glitch?

haven't heard of this...

You can do an instant power up pick up, to cancel the activation animation, so nobody can kill you meanwhile.
But by doing this you sometimes glitch the game. Either the respawn time is delayed or off by 10 seconds or worse the OS respawns and nobody is able to pick it up
Finally god validated, that took a while.

Hey, everybody. I'm Explicit. Been lurking here for too long and it's nice to finally be able to post here :)
Welcome!

You can do an instant power up pick up, to cancel the activation animation, so nobody can kill you meanwhile.
But by doing this you sometimes glitch the game. Either the respawn time is delayed or off by 10 seconds or worse the OS respawns and nobody is able to pick it up

You mean the switch weapon cancelling?

Ok that must've been what happened today in the CLG vs RNG scrims, they were trying to get the OS on plaza but couldn't pick it up, then lethul was saying it glitched.

been looking at those - can you link me to one that works decently?

most of the options I've found seem dodgy in one way or another...

also, what should I do for sound - plug speakers into my controller's 3.5mm jack?

Im from Aus so things can vary but my local electronics parts store (not computer store) have quality products throughout for tidbits like this:

http://www.jaycar.com.au/Sight-&-So...splay-Port-Plug-to-HDMI-Socket-150mm/p/WQ7422

I use two of these and no issues whatsoever.

As for sound I'm lucky enough to have audio inputs/outputs in my monitors that use these. Best of luck with that part but an extension cable from your audio/motherboard output could do.

Chittagong

Gold Member
So I have been thinking that now that I'm closing in on Plat, I think to up my game it might be time to start to communicating, even if I play solo, I'll be that weirdo. A few questions:

1 - I'm using AKG 712s for playing because of their awesome sound stage and location accuracy. Is there a mic that doesn't come with headphones that I could couple up?

2 - what kind of stuff would I say? The HWC team communication is nearly incomprehensible, sounds like "blue base blue base, I died I died I died, don't die don't die"

link1201

So I have been thinking that now that I'm closing in on Plat, I think to up my game it might be time to start to communicating, even if I play solo, I'll be that weirdo. A few questions:

1 - I'm using AKG 712s for playing because of their awesome sound stage and location accuracy. Is there a mic that doesn't come with headphones that I could couple up?

2 - what kind of stuff would I say? The HWC team communication is nearly incomprehensible, sounds like "blue base blue base, I died I died I died, don't die don't die"

It doesn’t have to be anything serious just basic stuff. For example, at the start of the game tell your team you’ll push camo. If you manage to get it, tell them that or if you die and the enemy team gets it. Death call outs are probably the most important part. If you die, tell your team what that player(s) is doing or going. Like I said its pretty simple things and don’t overthink it. For example, two on my X, one is going to nest and the other is just hiding in a corner in the same room.

It's just basic communication really. If you think it's important, call it out.

Chittagong

Gold Member
It doesn’t have to be anything serious just basic stuff. For example, at the start of the game tell your team you’ll push camo. If you manage to get it, tell them that or if you die and the enemy team gets it. Death call outs are probably the most important part. If you die, tell your team what that player(s) is doing or going. Like I said its pretty simple things and don’t overthink it. For example, two on my X, one is going to nest and the other is just hiding in a corner in the same room.

It's just basic communication really. If you think it's important, call it out.

Nice. That makes sense. I'm finally playing matches where people go right for power weapons and power ups, and keep track of their respawns. And pointing out campers is a good idea as well, although there isn't serious camping as far as I can tell. And maybe 'lost rockets to (place)' too.

Voho

Over this past week I've gotten a sudden increase in laggy games, from 0 total to almost 100%. Everyone teleports every so often, teammates and enemies alike.

My NAT is open. My connection has never given me any problems. Is this something on 343's end? It's making playing my favorite multiplayer game unbearable.

And before anyone asks, all of my PC multiplayer experiences have been fine. Lag free. No issues. My Xbox One is just a Halo box atm, so I don't have anything else to compare.

IHaveIce

Banned
What the hell, fixing that should have been TOP priority after XGAMES.

Are they going to make doing it instant DQ? They should.
So far we don't know how it will be habdled if ganes will be replayed if done, but yes fixing that should havee been priority number 1 for their biggest tournament.

Haruko

It sounds like the culprit was a recent Xbox firmware update making it impossible for more than 6 consoles on the same IP address to join the same Custom Game lobby. Having no true LAN support certainly doesn't help, but their setup should have worked were it not for this firmware update.

Trup1aya

It sounds like the culprit was a recent Xbox firmware update making it impossible for more than 6 consoles on the same IP address to join the same Custom Game lobby. Having no true LAN support certainly doesn't help, but their setup should have worked were it not for this firmware update.

Yeah, their set up WOULD have worked were it not for the firmware issue, but that's the problem with lacking a LAN solution... There are just too many variables...

Meanwhile, they play HWC tourneys on dev hardware, running different builds of the game, with a local server. Why? Because they too have learned the hard way (MCC) that lacking LAN support can ruin a competitive experience. Yet H5 has the same issue.

Top Bottom