• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Chittagong

Gold Member
Over this past week I've gotten a sudden increase in laggy games, from 0 total to almost 100%. Everyone teleports every so often, teammates and enemies alike.

My NAT is open. My connection has never given me any problems. Is this something on 343's end? It's making playing my favorite multiplayer game unbearable.

And before anyone asks, all of my PC multiplayer experiences have been fine. Lag free. No issues. My Xbox One is just a Halo box atm, so I don't have anything else to compare.

Something in 343 end definitely. I've had massive lag problems with the same symptoms. I'm in London and my Titanfall ping is 17ms.

Just yesterday pulled an all time lose streak because of the lag, 14 losses in 20 games. Went right down from high G6 to G3 and used most of my Win Gambits in the process, but on the positive side, I'm matched in some damn easy matches now, so once the lag lifts I'll go for massive damage.

The problems started last week I think, February was fantastic, no problems at all.

By the way, huge thanks to Halo-gaf for the "aim up" tip for the hydras, I'm now doing massive damage with them!

NOKYARD

Trup1aya

Why isn't it possible to join someone with a group? Like, why does every single person need to join on its own?

Haha, just add it to the list of things that were perfected in previous Halo's, but 343i comes in and says "fuck it"

Remember back in the day, when you'd own a group of fools in matchmaking, and they'd be like "best 3 out of 5 noob" and you'd be like "let's do it biotch"" and within seconds, all 8 players were waiting for the map to load?

Those were the days.

Old model IPS I guess? My 2010 Dell U2311 and 2014 U2414H are IPS panels with 6ms GtG response time and are awesome for gaming.

lol no, same monitor [Dell], response time is terrible - you're tricking yourself ;)

Can't beat Monoprice for price, quality and warranty.

For audio i use this Toslink to Analog Audio converter, and an optical cable which sounds much better than the connection from the controller, plus one less wire.

you're my hero, thanks!

seriously been going loopy looking at products for these needs - ranging from dirt cheap to expensive to WTF IS THAT SHIT?

just saved my halo 5 life here brah.

edit: so this would literally work? http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=104&cp_id=10428&cs_id=1042801&p_id=4826&seq=1&format=2

it says it's passive, and i'm presuming i'd need an active one?

edit 2: all the active ones are 1.2a, and my monitor is 1440p / displayport 1 [i believe], will those work for me still?

BraXzy

Posted in gaming side, looks like a digital sale soon. Tell your friends!

apermRs.png

NOKYARD

it says it's passive, and i'm presuming i'd need an active one?

edit 2: all the active ones are 1.2a, and my monitor is 1440p / displayport 1 [i believe], will those work for me still?
Hold up. Those active adapters only work one way, and not the way you are going. Doing some research right now.

[EDIT] HDMI to DP works in only one direction. You need something like this. Since it is a converter it may add a bit of lag to the signal.
You're probably tired of answering this but have you heard anything about when they will possibly update your variant in BTB and possibly others?
No idea, should be soon.

Hold up. Those active adapters only work one way, and not the way you are going. Doing some research right now.

[EDIT] HDMI to DP works in only one direction. You need something like this. Since it is a converter it may add a bit of lag to the signal.

ah, yeah that's what was confusing me - they all seemed to be advertised as performing a different function than i wanted [despite having the right "holes", heh].

i think i'll just give up, adding lag to the signal will only create the same issue streaming to my w10 PC currently has [which is actually quite impressive really, how little lag it has].

i'll look into getting a small 1080p HDTV for my studio instead, my 16' wide standing desk should have plenty of room to spare. ;)

Cranster

Banned
It somewhat is. There should be a popup that asks the leader if they want to bring along the rest of their party or join alone.
Yup, let alone the lack of options compared to Halo 3 and Halo: Reach (Halo 5 obvioulsy doesn't take skill much into account when matching players, wo why can't I select to be matched by player skill?). The pre-game lobby is still a huge downgrade from Halo 3 and Halo: Reach aswell.

wait, you sure that thing you linked me to will work? i need a male DP to plug into my monitor, and that only has a male HDMI - seems backwards, no?

Im from Aus so things can vary but my local electronics parts store (not computer store) have quality products throughout for tidbits like this:

http://www.jaycar.com.au/Sight-&-So...splay-Port-Plug-to-HDMI-Socket-150mm/p/WQ7422

I use two of these and no issues whatsoever.

As for sound I'm lucky enough to have audio inputs/outputs in my monitors that use these. Best of luck with that part but an extension cable from your audio/motherboard output could do.

woah, just saw this post - thanks, going to order this! don't care about shipping charges one wee bit!

edit: dang namit, they don't ship internationally...

NOKYARD

wait, you sure that thing you linked me to will work? i need a male DP to plug into my monitor, and that only has a male HDMI - seems backwards, no?
The HDMI and USB plug into the xbox. You still need a DP male to DP male extension cord to complete the connection

woah, just saw this post - thanks, going to order this! don't care about shipping charges one wee bit!

edit: dang namit, they don't ship internationally...
That unit only works from DP to HDMI, and ONLY if the DP is 1.3 and above (sends both DP and HDMI signal).

The HDMI and USB plug into the xbox. You still need a DP male to DP male extension cord to complete the connection

That unit only works from DP to HDMI, and ONLY if the DP is 1.3 and above (sends both DP and HDMI signal).

okay, i just ordered like 80 different parts.

will try and figure it all out once they arrive lol.

effing displayport... you're making my potentially ideal studio life HELL.

BradC00

I'm watching kampy play on torque and they added a barrier near the 2nd level near flag, removed the DMR barrier, and looks like the barriers around rockets were spread apart more. also the barrels aren't always the red ones now.

anything else change?

singhr1

I'm watching kampy play on torque and they added a barrier near the 2nd level near flag, removed the DMR barrier, and looks like the barriers around rockets were spread apart more. also the barrels aren't always the red ones now.

anything else change?

https://t.co/dc5g2cLWMZ

The Multiplayer Team has just pushed out a robust update to Torque that should improve the overall quality of the map. The following changes will take effect immediately:
◾Fixed the pistons in Red/Blue Yard to have the same height when down/up
◾Updated the location names to help player orientation
◾Replaced red exploding barrels with blue fusion coils on the Blue side of the map for player orientation
◾Adjust cover pieces to open up longer sight lines across “Top Mid”
◾Added Shotgun to “Top Mid” for Strongholds
◾Adjusted spawn points to provide better spawning behavior
We’ll continue to make adjustments based on your feedback, as well as provide regular updates about what the team is working on.

Yup, let alone the lack of options compared to Halo 3 and Halo: Reach (Halo 5 obvioulsy doesn't take skill much into account when matching players, wo why can't I select to be matched by player skill?). The pre-game lobby is still a huge downgrade from Halo 3 and Halo: Reach aswell.

The pre-game lobby is missing features but not seeing others Gamertag and rank is a design decision not a UI downgrade. It prevents players from quitting if they see a level 100 or onyx/champ or something. You must have experience of people just quitting instantly when they see the players they match with, especially considering how big of a glitch it was in MCC just recently

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Congrats, welcome to the partay :D

It seems like demand/supply has balanced out a bit, I can see a bunch in stock at multiple stores. When I got mine the stock lasted 30 seconds Max on Amazon it was cray cray.

Congratulations! now you have the GOAT controller!

thanks

its amazing what a mind fuck it is just trying to wrap my head around one paddle on the right hand side. any time i'd get into an unexpected firefight my brain would struggle with which "trigger" to pull.

thanks

its amazing what a mind fuck it is just trying to wrap my head around one paddle on the right hand side. any time i'd get into an unexpected firefight my brain would struggle with which "trigger" to pull.

I use the 4 paddles with time you will get used to them just play Warzone until you feel ready for Arena that's my advice

Welfare

I feel like these map updates should be on the splash screen when you load up Halo 5. Shouldn't have to go on a forum to know a map has been updated.

Top Bottom