• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

hrmmm, team arena is getting mad unfair of late.

started yesterday, worsened today... but all of these "unranked" players are absolutely obliterating us.

it's like playing against cheaters, which obviously don't exist.

what is causing this?

is it just freak random bad luck?

smurf accounts?

ready to effing quit at this point.

malfcn

Posted in a FB group I'm in:

12523890_1130011317018804_498322747368223337_n.jpg

Someone invented the Gravity Hammer and we're getting Grifball IRL aren't we?

Are they lacrosse or NFL helmets with custom decals or paint jobs?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
How the fuck does a Platinum 4 end up in a match against a bunch of Silver 1s. So fucking garbage matchmaking.

Okay, that's out of my system.

I had a match where I was up against a plat 4, a diamond and a few golds against me (gold), another gold, silver and an unranked. We got wasted of course.

hrmmm, team arena is getting mad unfair of late.

started yesterday, worsened today... but all of these "unranked" players are absolutely obliterating us.

it's like playing against cheaters, which obviously don't exist.

what is causing this?

is it just freak random bad luck?

smurf accounts?

ready to effing quit at this point.

Just because they haven't finished their placements doesn't mean they don't have a rank (MMR). You ever think maybe they were playing with their lower ranked friends? You can't make the system perfect. Perhaps your teammates are playing like shit compared to their MMRs? Maybe the opponents played poorly earlier in their placements and the system is trying to figure out the right spot for them?

EDIT: Went through some of your recent games. I don't see anything particularly glaring like you describe. You have an example of a match that fits your comments?

On a positive note Aussie customs last night ran like a dream. Everything just worked from party chat to in game latency being near zero. I had fun in Halo again, a big thanks to MS/343 for the Aussie dedis.

iExplicit

Thanks y'all for the welcoming responses :)

But on a side note, anyone had any weird experiences in the Snipers playlist this weekend? I had to record a few clips because it was just... not normal!? Like my Ghost driving sideways or almost upside down?!

mo60

Thanks y'all for the welcoming responses :)

But on a side note, anyone had any weird experiences in the Snipers playlist this weekend? I had to record a few clips because it was just... not normal!? Like my Ghost driving sideways or almost upside down?!

That is a odd glitch that appears in arena and warzone at random sometimes. I have yet to experience that glitch.

Fuchsdh

O.O

How can I do this?

Admittedly, that includes buying the Warzone & Arena premium packs (still only brought me up to $100 in total costs since I got the game discounted at release), but mostly I've just not worried too much about ranking up since the rewards are generally fairly paltry. I sell everything except RP boosts and the occasional mission victory (which I keep to burn on a hopeful GAF Warzone game) and the few REQs that I want to bring in—for me, The Answer, Whiplash, and Hailstorm, plus any Ultra vehicle variants. Finally, play probably a 3:1 Warzone:Arena ratio :p

Admittedly, that includes buying the Warzone & Arena premium packs (still only brought me up to $100 in total costs since I got the game discounted at release), but mostly I've just not worried too much about ranking up since the rewards are generally fairly paltry. I sell everything except RP boosts and the occasional mission victory (which I keep to burn on a hopeful GAF Warzone game) and the few REQs that I want to bring in—for me, The Answer, Whiplash, and Hailstorm, plus any Ultra vehicle variants. Finally, play probably a 3:1 Warzone:Arena ratio :p
Where do you get something that tells you how many more packs you need to buy?

Fuchsdh

Lol I've been meaning to do this as well but have been too lazy.

It's not like the game doesn't tell you when you're done with the REQ point bonus, but it's still nice to have absolute numbers. If your rank had a bit more to do with when you completed packs I probably wouldn't have bothered, but there's basically a huge gulf depending on your play style and whether you buy packs.

link1201

About ghost of meridian : will it include a new slayer map ? Do we know when it will be available ?
Didn't they say in the first couple weeks of April? I doubt will get more than the WZ map, I would think they'd have announced it if we were.

Demise

Didn't they say in the first couple weeks of April? I doubt will get more than the WZ map, I'd would think they'd have announced it if we were.

Too bad, I hope there is one afterall. Slayer is the reason I play Halo as I don't have time for uncompetitive stuff.
Come at me.

This thread has been super slow, but we do have HWC this weekend!

Yeah, after Achilles it slowed down a lot, I think people just need a break from the grind. Plus there's also no update to look forward to this month. It'll speed up for HWC this weekend and probably go slow until the next update.

Glass

With all the talk of PSVR and Battlefront, which sounds amazing, since you can stream your XB1 to a PC, if you bought an Oculus could you use it with Halo?

Just because they haven't finished their placements doesn't mean they don't have a rank (MMR). You ever think maybe they were playing with their lower ranked friends? You can't make the system perfect. Perhaps your teammates are playing like shit compared to their MMRs? Maybe the opponents played poorly earlier in their placements and the system is trying to figure out the right spot for them?

EDIT: Went through some of your recent games. I don't see anything particularly glaring like you describe. You have an example of a match that fits your comments?

what? how did you go through my games?

my GT isn't same as my Gaf handle [unless i've posted it].

i'm probably mostly just getting frustrated by the fact that i'm playing via streaming to my PC, so my own performance has been really shitty lately.

think i'm mostly whinging about a few sore examples among a bunch of normal ones, where a bunch of unranked's are obliterating us.

but no, you're right - no system is perfect, and there will always be exceptional games on both ends of the spectrum.

i'll refrain from emotional whinging in this thread when that happens, i'm mostly very happy with this game [read: love this game, hence the emotional reactions lol].

also, HWC HYPE!

Top Bottom