• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

what? how did you go through my games?

my GT isn't same as my Gaf handle [unless i've posted it].

i'm probably mostly just getting frustrated by the fact that i'm playing via streaming to my PC, so my own performance has been really shitty lately.

think i'm mostly whinging about a few sore examples among a bunch of normal ones, where a bunch of unranked's are obliterating us.

but no, you're right - no system is perfect, and there will always be exceptional games on both ends of the spectrum.

i'll refrain from emotional whinging in this thread when that happens, i'm mostly very happy with this game [read: love this game, hence the emotional reactions lol].

also, HWC HYPE!

Your gamertag is in your gaf profile if I click your name...

Akai__

Seems like matchmaking is down. Got kicked mid game and now everybody of the 17 people online is in the menus.

Fix yo shit Bill Gates.

Kibbles

So fucking sick of the server errors, the retrieving data, attempting to reach lobby,etc bullshit literally every single time my friends and i try to play. They're all moving on to play CoD now since Halo never fucking works and we all get frustrated just trying to play one game together and we can't, this is absolutely ridiculous 5 months after launch jfc

what? how did you go through my games?

my GT isn't same as my Gaf handle [unless i've posted it].

i'm probably mostly just getting frustrated by the fact that i'm playing via streaming to my PC, so my own performance has been really shitty lately.

think i'm mostly whinging about a few sore examples among a bunch of normal ones, where a bunch of unranked's are obliterating us.

but no, you're right - no system is perfect, and there will always be exceptional games on both ends of the spectrum.

i'll refrain from emotional whinging in this thread when that happens, i'm mostly very happy with this game [read: love this game, hence the emotional reactions lol].

also, HWC HYPE!

Your gamertag is in your gaf profile if I click your name...

DetectiveGAF strikes again!

lol, go figure, had no idea i did that ;p

LEAVE ME ALONE DETECTIVE GAF

I've never been more proud to put my detective skills to such good use. I'd like to thank the academy, and God.

Seriously though, even when the games were blowout scores, it was often because of quitters and other times it appeared to be just a poor game for your team. Like, you never matched * anyone * higher than like mid diamond for the season, which as a mid-to-upper plat seems fairly reasonable.

I'd say your biggest issue is streaming to your PC. Quit that shit right now. It's terrible.

Detective

LvL 145
1,2 million XP to level up :D
I'll be there by the end of next week :)
Been saving my boosts so I have not used one after lvl 100.

Saving them for the real Challenge. lol

So fucking sick of the server errors, the retrieving data, attempting to reach lobby,etc bullshit literally every single time my friends and i try to play. They're all moving on to play CoD now since Halo never fucking works and we all get frustrated just trying to play one game together and we can't, this is absolutely ridiculous 5 months after launch jfc

Yeah this sucks. I wish they would stop using Azure or whatever it is. It's not paying off at all

ElRenoRaven

Ah so it's not just me having the issues today. Oh well. What can you do?

I've never been more proud to put my detective skills to such good use. I'd like to thank the academy, and God.

Seriously though, even when the games were blowout scores, it was often because of quitters and other times it appeared to be just a poor game for your team. Like, you never matched * anyone * higher than like mid diamond for the season, which as a mid-to-upper plat seems fairly reasonable.

I'd say your biggest issue is streaming to your PC. Quit that shit right now. It's terrible.

i'd have to quit my wife first.

[okay, the hilarity of this conversation being had with YOU of all people is really tickling my funny bones right now in a special way]

thanks to a few folks here i have a bunch of parts on the way which should let me hook up my xbone to my g-sync monitor, so i should be able to game properly quite soon.

failing that, i might just buy a 1080p 26" tv for the studio - might be my best bet.

edit: but you're right, i reviewed everything myself and it's all looking ok.

it's funny, because the MMR is actually working perfectly - as soon as i start obliterating golds / plats, it starts matching me against low / mid diamonds.

golds / plats i can handle with the streaming lag [and it's actually VERY good practice for aiming / targeting], but when i match against diamonds there's nothing i can do.

even when playing on my xbone against diamonds, i need a better connection / lower ping to really feel like it was a properly fair fight [i'm canadian, pretty much always have ping issues with any xbox live games].

and yeah, the team thing - won't even get into that, i need some xblive friends STAT.

edit 2: and yes, the servers are bonkered, haven't been able to get a game in a few hours now.

Boot up the MCC while ms gets things worked out

I played MCC last night and last week, played Slayer, H2A and Action Sack. I found matches in a reasonable amount of time.

That legendary medal achievement keeps resetting on my though. I have way over 100 steaktaculars, triple doubles, etc but only 18/100 medals. :/

Posted in a FB group I'm in:

12523890_1130011317018804_498322747368223337_n.jpg

That's super rad, man!

Akai__

I played MCC last night and last week, played Slayer, H2A and Action Sack. I found matches in a reasonable amount of time.

That legendary medal achievement keeps resetting on my though. I have way over 100 steaktaculars, triple doubles, etc but only 18/100 medals. :/

Same shit is happening with Killjoys for me. So dumb, because I was at 87% and now I'm at 8% and actually have over 250. :(

Fuchsdh

The splash intro to Halo 5 is a post about the server issues. It's nice that 343 is actually using this frequently to convey information now.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I don't think I've had a single running riot in Arena, some frenzies, but never a riot.

I got a Running Riot in February, almost entirely rail gunning. Unfortunately...

About a week ago, 343 did something that broke the game completely for me :-(

SpBCYmi.jpg

Teleporting players, two clips to kill an enemy, missed kills... And this is a 343 specific issue, my Titanfall ping is 17ms.

Real shame, since they fixed the issues in February, I'm gutted to have this again.

The splash intro to Halo 5 is a post about the server issues. It's nice that 343 is actually using this frequently to convey information now.

Weird. I only see messages about HWC, Social Snipers and Gravity Hammer.

Is there anything more corny than a team with synchronized emblems, outfits, or tags.

I imagine they think they look like a cool clan but they're just obscenely lame.

Karl2177

e8Rf6dTl.png

Finally!

Let me fix the colors...

ViLH19Tl.png

JxzeSM7l.png

Why is this so messed up? For starters, an electron is missing from the original. Then the tertiary color goes with the nucleus in the big picture, but the background on the emblem itself. 343i UI team... c'mon.

And more importantly... STOP MAKING EMBLEMS PART OF THE PROGRESSION SYSTEM. You can have a few here and there as something the player goes after, but for the love of god, stop taking anything that is a core part of player identity and hiding it behind the progression system. Armors are one thing, but emblems are something so basic that it makes no sense to hide it behind so much. Then again I guess we needed so much shit to hide in req packs for that cash money...

Slow thread? Have some GIFs.

Still giggling at this Rocket Mary:
ss2BveL.gif

Airborne Snapshot delight:
4sLq0ge.gif

Is there anything more corny than a team with synchronized emblems, outfits, or tags.

I imagine they think they look like a cool clan but they're just obscenely lame.

We used to do that in H3 as a stupid joke in parties
Coined MLG sleepover :)
, then we'd have the worst armour competition next.

EDIT: Wahrer banned? RIP, hopefully not perma.

Oh so it's been server issues? I just thought h5 was dead lol. When you find games faster in mcc than h5...glad it's just temporary...h5 still needs to last 2.5 years

Strider

Frankie if you're reading this don't forget to turn off the chat restrictions during the tournament this weekend
smile.gif

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ BUBU TAKE MY DUBU ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Finally finished with all REQs! Only things left are Achilles helmet and emblems from commendations (and 343 weapon skins, which count against your completion for some reason...).

#WeAreTheOnePercent

Finally finished with all REQs! Only things left are Achilles helmet and emblems from commendations (and 343 weapon skins, which count against your completion for some reason...).

#WeAreTheOnePercent

Wait they not only get an emblem but weapon skins too?

Wtf 343 pass that shit around

Madness

This game has probably taken more of my money than all of what I spent on Halo 3, Reach and 4 DLC combined. And still no crossed swords emblem but I now have a few AR legendary skins...

Mark V helmet looks so weird. I bought the Arena req pack and it's okay but I can't wait till I get Mark IV.

This game has probably taken a lot of peoples' money. It might have sold less than the other Halos, but I'm fairly certain they made up for it with the req packs.

I have bought the standard edition of the game, the limited collectors edition, 100+ silver and gold packs, the Arena REQ bundle and all the sales and advertisement that come from my subscribers on my channel, you can really say that I have done my part to promote and help the game :p

And that I have spent a lot of money too lol

This game has probably taken a lot of peoples' money. It might have sold less than the other Halos, but I'm fairly certain they made up for it with the req packs.

A friend of mine who was adamantly against buying map packs in the previous Halos, because he thought the new maps were not worth his money, is now buying tons of gold packs.

Kind of ironic I guess because you can still get all the stuff for just playing the game.

Top Bottom