• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Haruko

Only 2 weapon skins despite the description saying:

7921b8be1e1264ae156106c0f99dd115.png

I was expecting the, y'know.. "5 rare or better visual customization from our post-launch support" but I guess they forgot the "Oh, and screw you if you have everything unlocked! Enjoy this 15k RP for your 80k though!"

What a load of crud.

I wonder if it's a mistake, seeing as how the original HCS pack actually DID give you 5 guaranteed (ultra rare and above, even, IIRC) for each successive purchase, and it was the same RP/$ price

Ade

Only 2 weapon skins despite the description saying:

7921b8be1e1264ae156106c0f99dd115.png

I was expecting the, y'know.. "5 rare or better visual customization from our post-launch support" but I guess they forgot the "Oh, and screw you if you have everything unlocked! Enjoy this 15k RP for your 80k though!"

What a load of crud.

Yup, certainly weasel wording. Not impressed. 1 was a real money purchase, the rest from points

I don't think there's any way selling X number of REQ packs equals the 2+ million copies they apparently didn't sell compared to previous games. But it certainly justifies continuing iteration on the game and perhaps broadening its hooks to keep players invested and pumping money in (which I think is probably the reason we're getting Warzone Firefight at all. Someone at 343 went to MS and showed them REQ performance and said 'and there are all these people who want a PvE mode where they will use these', and MS saw enough dollar signs to make it worthwhile.)

considering i spent about $400.00 on reqs, AND bought the collector's edition, it's like i pretty much bought 6 or 7 copies myself so...

Trup1aya

I'm not underestimating them, I just don't think it's enough to make up for something like $100 million in gross sales. But, as you point out, there are certainly benefits to that income beyond pure dollar amounts, such as the fact that it doesn't rely on external distribution, it's lower-cost content with higher returns that traditional DLC, and that it's probably a steadier source of income versus the usual long-term dropoff in sales. I'm certainly not concerned about Halo as a franchise.

Plus, I don't think I've actually seen that many people really upset with the system (aside from the emblem walls and the RNG factors.) 343 managed to make an unbalanced multiplayer system feel fair and not pay-to-win. That means they can probably expand the system in future installments without worrying about alienating the core group of people who are generally going to always buy a Halo game.

I think a 2million sales gap would come up to around $50million in revenue for the Publisher. I definitely don't think they'd reach the gross figure... But they wouldn't need to do that in order to make more profit.

I'd be surprised if Halo5 didn't end up being the most financially successful game in the franchise for MS, especially if they wise up and have free trials/weekends.

Nice to know array is broken on warzone assault, if you are attacking and a defender knows how to glitch inside the armory then it's over. It's stupid these kinda things exist and I hope things get fixed soon. Don't really want to play regular warzone for my req points grind.

Kind of stinks for players that are still trying to grind out silver and gold reqs. Like of course I'm not going to have any points saved up lol. These 80k packs are for a limited time only? Because I'm not in the mood to spend real money on this stuff. Also doesn't help that I've been on vacation, out of town since last Friday and won't be back until this Saturday or sunday. Ah well. I think the last time there was a promotional hcs pack for watching the finals I was out of town too. Fantastic -_-

Fuchsdh

They updated the post to say the issue should be fixed. I'll gamble my RP when I get home if someone else doesn't get to it earlier.

Nice to know array is broken on warzone assault, if you are attacking and a defender knows how to glitch inside the armory then it's over. It's stupid these kinda things exist and I hope things get fixed soon. Don't really want to play regular warzone for my req points grind.

Hate to break it to you but it's possible on any armory as far as I can tell. I've had jackasses in the walls of Apex 7's armory as well (luckily he got too close to the wall and I beat him to death, and we went on to win.) Do hope that it gets addressed with this month's update or a hotfix before then.

I accidentally spent $10 on that limited time only REQ pack. What an incredible waste of money. You better put that towards some new maps 343i!
Yeah I think fans are desperate for some legit homegrown maps. But 343 can't even get forge ones implemented into the rotation, so im not sure if homegrowns will ever happen.

Hate to break it to you but it's possible on any armory as far as I can tell. I've had jackasses in the walls of Apex 7's armory as well (luckily he got too close to the wall and I beat him to death, and we went on to win.) Do hope that it gets addressed with this month's update or a hotfix before then.

Yep just figured this out sadly, it pretty dumb this is a thing and people do it anytime they get a chance to. It shows the problems of reusing bases for warzone assault and should fix it as soon as they can because it's breaking a game mode.

Glass

The grind is about to get so real. Looking forward to seeing the numbers for Sunday as well, since that's how people get the armour pack. That pack needs its own video though, so its easy to share/understand for the more casual fan who doesn't go on forums/Reddit/Xbox news sites.

Yeah it's fixed now. You get five weapon skins per pack. So I got everything after opening three packs. So you need 240k req if you don't want to spend money.

Ade

Yeah it's fixed now. You get five weapon skins per pack. So I got everything after opening three packs. So you need 240k req if you don't want to spend money.

Where as I spent 320k reqs AND £7,99 x2 to get them.

I do hope they make it right somehow

Strider

I wish I could select a few of my favorite weapon skins and the game randomly choose one of those before each match. Too many skins nooooow.

I had 244k req points before the packs so now I'm at 9k. WELP. Gonna need to grind up another 200k or so before the next update

I wish I could select a few of my favorite weapon skins and the game randomly choose one of those before each match. Too many skins nooooow.

I had 244k req points before the packs so now I'm at 9k. WELP. Gonna need to grind up another 200k or so before the next update

They should have been for the other weapons. All the skins are for AR and pistol lol. It would have been better if they had spread them out and not just those two weapon types.

BraXzy

Oh god oh god oh god oh god.

Microtransactions in this game get to me real bad. NEED DEM SKINS!

Bought 3 packs so far... Some of these skins are dope. I'm repping the 343 pistol skin now. I've also had the ODST and Spirit of Fire pistol skins. The UNSC, ODST and Osiris AR skins.

Need moar.

BizzyBum

You're only guaranteed the new skins if your collection is complete though, right? I'm still grinding Silvers so it's pretty much a waste for people like me?

link1201

You're only guaranteed the new skins if your collection is complete though, right? I'm still grinding Silvers so it's pretty much a waste for people like me?
Yeah, it's not guaranteed but they say you have a high chance of updated content not even necessarily the newest stuff though..
The Spartan’s Armory REQ Pack has a high chance of granting REQs specifically from content updates, such as Infinity’s Armory and Hammer Storm, 14 all new weapon skins and the coveted 343 Industries Assault Rifle and Magnum skins, previously exclusive to members of the studio! The pack is available now until midnight PT this Sunday, Mar. 20, and can be purchased in-game for 80,000 RP or $9.99 on the Xbox Store. Here are some of the brand new REQs you may find when opening the pack!

blamite

Anyone checked if the new Rare skins can show up in Silver packs as well? I hope so, I don't want to have to keep saving up to 80k all weekend to get the rest of them...

In any case, depending on how many emblems I'm missing, I'm finally almost done with Silvers! woooooooooo

link1201

What if you don't have everything unlocked? Does this just give you a higher chance of getting these skins or is there a possibility I end up paying $10 for rare skins?

Thanks
It's gives you a high chance of reqs from content updates, not necessarily these particular skins:
"a high chance of granting REQs specifically from content updates, such as Infinity’s Armory and Hammer Storm, 14 all new weapon skins and the coveted 343 Industries Assault Rifle and Magnum skins, previously exclusive to members of the studio!"

Harknesss2245

Neo Member
It's gives you a high chance of reqs from content updates, not necessarily these particular skins:
"a high chance of granting REQs specifically from content updates, such as Infinity’s Armory and Hammer Storm, 14 all new weapon skins and the coveted 343 Industries Assault Rifle and Magnum skins, previously exclusive to members of the studio!"

Got it! (I'll read the fine print next time).

343 will still probably end up getting my money

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
dont know where to put this but pm me if youd like a digital copy of alan wake's american nightmare.

EDIT: gone

Top Bottom