• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Doesn't seem like it, as far as MS has said, you need to either watch the stream directly from an Xbox, or (maybe?) from a Twitch account that's linked to a Gamertag (which you can't do except from the console).

Well this is fucked, at least give me the option to buy it or something 343/MS, its not my fault my XBO is away for repairs atm I shouldn't miss out.

Guessing my 360 won't stream this event right? cause I'll dig that out of the closet if thats an option to get the REQ pack.

So, Sprint slide thrust jump

Or

Sprint thrust slide jump?

Ive gotten used to cranking out the first without thinking and only recently heard I may be doing it wrong. Both seem to give me about the same distance in jump length but the new way seems to cover more distance in total. Only downside is it seems easier to get interrupted by varying terrain.

Doesn't seem like it, as far as MS has said, you need to either watch the stream directly from an Xbox, or (maybe?) from a Twitch account that's linked to a Gamertag (which you can't do except from the console).

I had been doing the former since launch, but recently I switched to the latter and I don't know for a fact but it definitely feels faster to me if you time the slide right. And I'm about 97% positive that if you're going up a flat incline like the ramps on Coliseum or the stairs on Plaza, thrust-sliding is the fastest way to do it. It feels like it lets you keep all or most of your horizontal speed in addition to going vertically up the incline.

lol, i do sprint, slide, jump, thrust - feels super fast to me!

blamite

Well this is fucked, at least give me the option to buy it or something 343/MS, its not my fault my XBO is away for repairs atm I shouldn't miss out.

Guessing my 360 won't stream this event right? cause I'll dig that out of the closet if thats an option to get the REQ pack.

Yeah, it's kind of shitty for people who are gonna end up missing it for reasons like that. :/ I get that they're really trying to drive viewer traffic towards the event, but... yeah. I wish they could've found an additional way to make it available. Or at least be more specific about the exact requirements to get the pack.

You could try watching it on the 360! Couldn't hurt, I guess? At least sign into the Twitch app and see it your Gamertag gets linked to it? I think there's a Live Events app on the 360 too? As a last resort you could find someone you trust who has a Xbone and have them sign into your account...

Welfare

So, Sprint slide thrust jump

Or

Sprint thrust slide jump?

Ive gotten used to cranking out the first without thinking and only recently heard I may be doing it wrong. Both seem to give me about the same distance in jump length but the new way seems to cover more distance in total. Only downside is it seems easier to get interrupted by varying terrain.

Sprint thrust slide jump every time.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I've been doing it for so long now, I don't even think about it when I do it. If it's wrong, I'm not learning the other ways lol.

I hear you. Other than going through growing pains learning to use the elite's paddles. May as well kill two birds with one stone if I'm doing it wrong.

Madness

Resisting urge to spend more money and buying more of those skin packs. Do we know if the 343 skins can be gotten later from gold packs? I just want to finish off the blue team and noble team skins. Don't give a shit about Osiris team.

blamite

that just, like, doesn't make sense.

i'm a give it a spin dough.

edit: okay that just straight up doesn't work, can't slide after thrust

iirc, you have to start sliding really quickly after pressing the button for thrust, when you're at the peak of your momentum, and then most of the momentum is carried through to the slide. If you do it slightly too late, it's like you just plant your feet and stick to the ground or something.

Maintain Sprint has to be put on OFF in the settings, for it to work.
It doesn't have to be off (I'm 99% sure I have it on), but it probably helps with the timing.

Fuchsdh

Of course it's to make money. Be thankful that you can get it another way and it's not crazy unreasonable (just nearly so)

It's not even that unreasonable, it just requires you to save up a bit instead of burning RP as soon as you have the amount you need. I just held off buying packs for ten days with about an hour of playtime every day and got what I needed. If you weren't aware packs were coming, yeah there's no real way to get it in a weekend.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
It's not even that unreasonable, it just requires you to save up a bit instead of burning RP as soon as you have the amount you need. I just held off buying packs for ten days with about an hour of playtime every day and got what I needed. If you weren't aware packs were coming, yeah there's no real way to get it in a weekend.

Really? I'd say you can get 10-15k an hour fairly easy. 80000 is very doable over a few days.

Madness

I think he actually means 240.000, because that's what it costs to get all 14 items.

Are you sure? I think that's probably true if you have finished silvers or golds. Because the last two packs, I only got 2 skins of the new ones along with ultra rare armor or other rare or above skins.

Wait what

Continued crouching will cause the other player to miss when you're in a 1v1 battle, it increases your survivability if you can still aim while you do it. I find it works better than strafing, ideally you mix it up and do both, depending on the encounter, it's highly situational. .

Awww yeah baby!

9yO1SNj.png

does reporting people do any good at all?

had a game today where this dude kept spartan charging me while i was running the flag.

lo & behold he was MVP on our team with two flag caps [and like 3 kills or something].

and oh, we lost the game.

Top Bottom