• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Akai__

At 80.000 REQ Points, I expect to have all of those 14 skins. Having to spend 240.000 REQ Points is screaming "Please buy this with real money".

Seems like I'll continue spending them on Gold packs instead. :(

IHaveIce

Banned
At 80.000 REQ Points, I expect to have all of those 14 skins. Having to spend 240.000 REQ Points is screaming "Please buy this with real money".

Seems like I'll continue spending them on Gold packs instead. :(

so like every skin paket in every other game? :D

Akai__

so like every skin paket in every other game? :D

I don't know how other games do it and also don't really care. In this case, they literally announced it today and it's live until Sunday. There's no chance you can earn 240k in that time, but 80k is manageable.

They gotta make money somehow, though. Better this than map packs.

Fuchsdh

Spent my 80K, got the Terminal Velocity assassination and some nice pistol skins, I'm satisfied.

Now back to grinding out the last silvers.

Am I the only person who has this issue? Issue is that one day the game feels amazing. Like my controller is connected to my brain. I played this morning and it felt great.

A few short hours later I come back for some more Warzone action. Load in and take off running and immediately notice it feels like my controller has a 0.5 second input lag. My shots are literally everywhere. I mean I'm not barely missing, I'm missing by 10 feet or better. The game feels terrible and I can't figure out what the issue is.

I'm using an elite and nothing has changed from this morning to this afternoon. Batteries were just changed last night.

Literally makes no sense and infuriates me.

They met :O

QoB4TOy.png

I hope Marty liked Trials of Osiris. Cos I do.

The pack is available now until midnight PT this Sunday, Mar. 20, and can be purchased in-game for 80,000 RP or $9.99 on the Xbox Store.
Thanks!
I don't know how other games do it and also don't really care. In this case, they literally announced it today and it's live until Sunday. There's no chance you can earn 240k in that time, but 80k is manageable.

They gotta make money somehow, though. Better this than map packs.
Yeah I wish it was going to last longer. Its like a troll for me since on vacation lol. I'm no that upset though. Its just the way it is.

Am I the only person who has this issue? Issue is that one day the game feels amazing. Like my controller is connected to my brain. I played this morning and it felt great.

A few short hours later I come back for some more Warzone action. Load in and take off running and immediately notice it feels like my controller has a 0.5 second input lag. My shots are literally everywhere. I mean I'm not barely missing, I'm missing by 10 feet or better. The game feels terrible and I can't figure out what the issue is.

I'm using an elite and nothing has changed from this morning to this afternoon. Batteries were just changed last night.

Literally makes no sense and infuriates me.

Made some fucking progress US servers are so much better went from Plat 5 to Diamond 3 in a single day.

Here's a simple one, start a custom and test thrust, movement, grenades and non-hitscan weapons then jump into matchmaking and feel the difference. Night and day.

I can literally feel the pace of walking and thruster response etc with my Spartan based on the game connection these days, within seconds of the match starting. You are literally sluggish in everyway when on international or long distance dedis. One game I can go 20k 10d and the next 5k 20d. It's not me, it's not the enemies or a skill gap between us but simply the connection quality. At this point I'm even starting to wonder when selling REQs as a game is forming up that it's based on the dedis you're connected to as well.

Last season I had a day where things just went right solo, I must have been locked into an Aussie dedis or something that day, one day I went from Plat 3 to Diamond 6. I'm really not playing arena anymore, even a full party we rarely get an Aussie dedis.

Nobody knows for sure. Not sure about the 343 skins but the others probably wont be available again until the April updates.

All right thanks I opened one pack and I got 3 skins 1 helmet and 1 armor, how many special skins are the total of this promotional pack? I heard 12

Welfare

It's stupid how you only get 2 of the new skins if you don't have everything unlocked already. All 5 should be the new skins, why the hell do I care about the other crap when I can get those in Gold packs.

80,000 REQ points is stupid. These skins can't be locked behind these limited time packs because this is a serious case of "give us money.".

And no, I'm not salty that I spent $10 on this pack and it was a terrible investment.

IHaveIce

Banned
It's stupid how you only get 2 of the new skins if you don't have everything unlocked already. All 5 should be the new skins, why the hell do I care about the other crap when I can get those in Gold packs.

80,000 REQ points is stupid. These skins can't be locked behind these limited time packs because this is a serious case of "give us money.".

And no, I'm not salty that I spent $10 on this pack and it was a terrible investment.

nah, don't worry you don't sound salty

At this point I'm even starting to wonder when selling REQs as a game is forming up that it's based on the dedis you're connected to as well

It has to be. It doesn't make sense how at one time it's lightning fast in the menus and next it moves at a snail's pace.

I don't think they are locked, they're coming in future updates
not sure about 343 skins though

They're just skins after all; it's not like there's an actual advantage over over players that don't buy them. So I don't follow the give me money argument.

If this makes you feel better while I was on a Live Stream I spent $99 on the 47 Gold REQ packs bundle to try to get the Halo 2 BR and I didn't got it

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

You knew what you were getting into. Make better purchasing decisions in the future?

I'll be buying not expecting much from RNG, but to support the community (hcs) and the model for free content 343 has gone with.

Welfare

You knew what you were getting into. Make better purchasing decisions in the future?

I'll be buying not expecting much from RNG, but to support the community (hcs) and the model for free content 343 has gone with.

I'm fine with giving 343 more money, it's just that what the pack gives you is very tiny. Should have more of the new skins in the pack, and not have only 2/5 of the reqs be the new skins.

op_ivy

Okay so how do you get the promo REQ pack from HCS again? something about watching it on Twitch? if so how is that gonna work?

Xbox live events, or whatever it's called, on Xbox one. Don't think twitch will do. Hopefully it's advertised on the home screen heavily

Madness

I'm so damn sick of getting only AR skins. I literally have all of them now. Just now even the Armory limited time pack gave me the spirit of fire AR skin.

I'd much rather have a newer BR or SMG skin. Just yesterday I unlocked the rainbow Eh, Arr one with all my gold purchases.

Edit: and just as I say that, my next armory purchase gave me 3 pistol skins, boomco neon, blue team legendary pistol skin and spirit of fire ultra rare pistol skin.

343 gonna be eating good after this weekend.

O1gjZDF.jpg
ewUWznQ.jpg

BizzyBum

I'm not sure how I like 343i handling these Req packs. 80k for one pack is sorta outrageous for anyone except people who already have a completed collection and still play a lot everyday. If you don't have a completed collection you're not even guaranteed anything. They know damn well most people will just spend the $10 and buy one or multiple packs instead of grinding the points. It's a blatant cash grab.

I feel like I'm playing an MMO with a cash shop. lol

Toa TAK

Banned
All I needed was this armor skin pack. I ended up getting the 343 and ODST Assault Rifle skins and an assassination.

Payday is tomorrow, so I'll pick up another pack.

op_ivy

I'm not sure how I like 343i handling these Req packs. 80k for one pack is sorta outrageous for anyone except people who already have a completed collection and still play a lot everyday. If you don't have a completed collection you're not even guaranteed anything. They know damn well most people will just spend the $10 and buy one or multiple packs instead of grinding the points. It's a blatant cash grab.

Of course it's to make money. Be thankful that you can get it another way and it's not crazy unreasonable (just nearly so)

None of these items affect gameplay, so who really cares? It's no different than Valve selling CSGO cases.

This is a dark road you are headed down

I'd like to see a "choose your own REQ pack" on Waypoint, $14.95 and you can unlock 3 weapon certifications of your choice. I'd do that in a heartbeat. To date I bought the HCS pack and I'm likely to never buy another pack at all under the current system.

blamite

Xbox Wire
What better way to show your love for Halo esports than to wear it on your (armored) sleeve? In celebration of the tournament, anyone who watches the Finals broadcast – starting on Sunday at 4 p.m. PT on their Xbox One (through the Xbox Live Event Interactive app) or Twitch – can get the Halo World Championship REQ Pack for free.

This is kind of ambiguously worded, but the phrasing of "on their Xbox One [...] or Twitch" to me implies that you can still get the armor by watching on Twitch from your phone or computer. So there may be hope if you're away from your Xbox over the weekend. Make sure your gamertag is linked to your Twitch account though.

Xbox Wire

This is kind of ambiguously worded, but the phrasing of "on their Xbox One [...] or Twitch" to me implies that you can still get the armor by watching on Twitch from your phone or computer. So there may be hope if you're away from your Xbox over the weekend. Make sure your gamertag is linked to your Twitch account though.

Yeah I mean how are they gonna give away the REQ pack on twitch, collect the user names of who is watching on Twitch or have some kind of call out? really need someone from 343 to clarify this.

op_ivy

Xbox Wire

Thanks for reposting. I'd imagine it would have to be the Xbox app though

Xbox Wire

I don't think there is a way to link your Twitch account to XBL. I just tried and didn't see anything.

Madness

I don't understand why Halo Channel isn't listed. Would be so much easier to log which fans are watching the finals etc. I don't even know if I have a twitch account using the twitch app. We do need clarification.

Also 343 is ridiculously smart with this pack. They're going to get tons of purchases this weekend. I mean I just bought 2, that's more money than perhaps like 1 or 2 map packs back in the day. Coupled with like $30, $15, $25 random gold pack purchases etc.

Xbox Wire

Part of me was hoping this would include the HCS emblem from around launch since I missed out on that :p

Will definitely be sure not to miss this one, though!

I don't understand why Halo Channel isn't listed. Would be so much easier to log which fans are watching the finals etc. I don't even know if I have a twitch account using the twitch app. We do need clarification.

Also 343 is ridiculously smart with this pack. They're going to get tons of purchases this weekend. I mean I just bought 2, that's more money than perhaps like 1 or 2 map packs back in the day. Coupled with like $30, $15, $25 random gold pack purchases etc.

And yet we get less maps Kappa

op_ivy

So, Sprint slide thrust jump

Or

Sprint thrust slide jump?

Ive gotten used to cranking out the first without thinking and only recently heard I may be doing it wrong. Both seem to give me about the same distance in jump length but the new way seems to cover more distance in total. Only downside is it seems easier to get interrupted by varying terrain.

blamite

But still, isn't their a way to get the REQ pack without an XBO?

Doesn't seem like it, as far as MS has said, you need to either watch the stream directly from an Xbox, or (maybe?) from a Twitch account that's linked to a Gamertag (which you can't do except from the console).

So, Sprint slide thrust jump

Or

Sprint thrust slide jump?

Ive gotten used to cranking out the first without thinking and only recently heard I may be doing it wrong. Both seem to give me about the same distance in jump length but the new way seems to cover more distance in total. Only downside is it seems easier to get interrupted by varying terrain.

I had been doing the former since launch, but recently I switched to the latter and I don't know for a fact but it definitely feels faster to me if you time the slide right. And I'm about 97% positive that if you're going up a flat incline like the ramps on Coliseum or the stairs on Plaza, thrust-sliding is the fastest way to do it. It feels like it lets you keep all or most of your horizontal speed in addition to going vertically up the incline.

Top Bottom