• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Glass

I like the jackets, I love the brand identity RNG has, their twitter shows the Halo team way more love then other Halo orgs that have been round for way longer and had more success.

Glad Ninja kept the mohawk too!

Is anyone else having trouble getting over how insane this picture is? I almost hope they win based on this alone, lol.

CdzxlmpUEAEoDt3.jpg:large

That's a pretty good picture I like it

Vico

When they say the pack is available up to midnight on sunday, do they mean midnight saturday to sunday or midnight sunday to monday? Sorry, not really clear for me.

Jackets look sick in person. They have their logo and names in the back. So sick.
Typical Tashi, still awake 7 hours before the broadcast starts, let alone the event. Go to sleep nerd!

In other news, it is weird not seeing you signed in all day doing nothing.

Akai__

So, when are we getting this badass motherfucker in our REQ packs?

Fuck the Phaeton, where are my UNSC aircraft?

UNSC aircrafts were teased in an update, I believe. Don't think we will ever see Vultures, though. Their size alone is a good reason and it would be pretty much impossible to balance this thing, because it's supposed to be a very overpowered aircraft.

Edit:
Cannon Fodder said:
JKS7117: Will UNSC Air Vehicles ever return to Halo Multiplayer?

A: Yes.

Source: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-annual-achievements

Damn. Looking at it, it could mean any Halo game with MP.

Trup1aya

I know. Just crazy to see someone spend 400 dollars on Halo gun skins is all.

Don't mind me, I'm old.

People used to drop crazy amounts of cash in arcades.

All things considered, the monetization of Halo 5 has been pretty good. It provides completely optional content, and Warzone plays just fine if you rely solely on in-game currency.

I love what it did for the Halo 5 esports scene and its a better alternative to the fragmentation that paid DLC causes.

In fact, I shudder to think what Halo 5's population would be now had they gone with a paid DLC model.

People used to drop crazy amounts of cash in arcades.

All things considered, the monetization of Halo 5 has been pretty good. It provides completely optional content, and Warzone plays just fine if you rely solely on in-game currency.

I love what it did for the Halo 5 esports scene and its a better alternative to the fragmentation that paid DLC causes.

In fact, I shudder to think what Halo 5's population would be now had they gone with a paid DLC model.
Wow don't get the wrong. I think the model is fantastic. It keeps the player Base together and makes maps and updates free. It's win win.

Just crazy to me see someone spend that much when it's optional. Each to their own :) I bought a character skin in Killer Instinct for 20 dollars so I'm no better!

Installing Halo Wars right now made me miss Halo is all <3

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/The Henery/video/15797997

80k... Not sure it was worth it since I'm still grinding silvers.
You got 2 good skins at least. I'd open a pack and it would be the 2 least desirable AR skins :)

EDIT: I feel like I should get at least one pack. I complained about the pricing on the previous packs and said they should include guaranteed skins, which is basically exactly what these new 10 dollar packs are. But now that the arena pack is going to be half off I'm inclined to get that one instead. No idea what I'm doing. I'm the most indecisive person on the planet.

link1201

Wow don't get the wrong. I think the model is fantastic. It keeps the player Base together and makes maps and updates free. It's win win.

Just crazy to me see someone spend that much when it's optional. Each to their own :) I bought a character skin in Killer Instinct for 20 dollars so I'm no better!

I much prefer this model too. It's nice getting to play all the maps. I spend my gaming money on Halo almost exclusively. I don't buy a ton of games and Imo this Halo deserves it. It's great fun, I have a few complaints but overall I'm so glad we got here after Halo 4/ Halo Reach.

To those playing Halo Wars how is it on the One? It's not for me but I have a friend that's curious.

I much prefer this model too. It's nice getting to play all the maps. I spend my gaming money on Halo almost exclusively. I don't buy a ton of games and Imo this Halo deserves it. It's great fun, I have a few complaints but overall I'm so glad we got here after Halo 4/ Halo Reach.

To those playing Halo Wars how is it on the One? It's not for me but I have a friend that's curious.
Just started it up now and so far it runs fine.

"Time spent in game: 251 hours.." Jesus Christ..

Strider

I like BUBU Dubu and huke and all but it is such bullshit denial got the easiest group lol

One good tournament and you get the easiest road at worlds. Pleeeeeaaaaaase

Trup1aya

I dont have any of the co op achievements.. I'm a lonely boy

Lack of matchmaking and split screen pretty much guarunteed I'll never get them.

In sure there are quite a few people in the same boat. Hopefully they've got the data now to show how silly these oversights were .

Fuchsdh

Get some friends together and play through them. Or, if you don't have friends (or people willing to sit through hours of grinding) go on a site like TrueAchievements.

Trup1aya

I like BUBU Dubu and huke and all but it is such bullshit denial got the easiest group lol

One good tournament and you get the easiest road at worlds. Pleeeeeaaaaaase

Sure they had an easy group, but they dropped the top seeded team and took games off of CLG. That's gotta count for something.

Akai__

Lack of matchmaking and split screen pretty much guarunteed I'll never get them.

In sure there are quite a few people in the same boat. Hopefully they've got the data now to show how silly these oversights were .

I still think the game should have run like this:

Dynamic Resolution and 60FPS in Single Player

and

like 720p/30FPS in Splitscreen.

No one would complain about that, since it doesn't affect those people who play it alone in 60FPS or the ones that play it online co-op. Hope that's what they go with Halo 6.

Trup1aya

I didn't think you were bashing, I was just commenting on the "Halo/gaming has changed" comment. It's an interesting talking point.

It HAS changed, but it a lot of ways it has come full circle. We're back to exploiting the addictive and impulsive nature of the medium. But Halo has found a way to do that without limiting the enjoyment of those who don't want to pay extra. I think we've improved on the design, so to speak.

Of course there are other plenty of examples that aren't so good. And plenty that are just as bad as the worst of the arcade era..

I still think the game should have run like this:

Dynamic Resolution and 60FPS in Single Player

and

like 720p/30FPS in Splitscreen.

No one would complain about that, since it doesn't affect those people who play it alone in 60FPS or the ones that play it online co-op. Hope that's what they go with Halo 6.

I just wonder how far into development they were when they realized split screen wasn't happening. It should have been a core pillar of development, instead of taking a back seat to 60fps w/o compromise.

Your right, I doubt anyone would complain about co-op having lower performance... That's how it's always been anyway...

Fuchsdh

I think reaching General legitimately is much more embarrassing hahaha.

Still love this game!! Really hope Sega don't fuck up the simplicity of Halo Wars!

If people reached it legit before they dropped the XP requirements...

I just wonder how far into development they were when they realized split screen wasn't happening. It should have been a core pillar of development, instead of taking a back seat to 60fps w/o compromise.

Your right, I doubt anyone would complain about co-op having lower performance... That's how it's always been anyway...

Haha, of course people would have complained, but I do think it would have been a decent enough compromise. I doubt we'll ever get the full story on what the issue was—whether a lack of focus/laser focus on 60fps, some sort of marketing directive from MS who might've been paranoid about 30fps appearing at all after they hyped it up, etc.

Haruko

Wait, there are SIXTEEN new weapon skins? The "14" didn't include the pair of 343 ones?

I bought 3 packs but don't have the 343 AR showing. Waypoint shows me at 73/73 Weapon Skins with no 343 AR, lol.

So I have to buy 1 more to get 1 skin? What would the other 4 cards be, then?

1. UNSC Magnum Rare
  2. UNSC AR Rare
  3. Fireteam Osiris AR Ultra Rare
  4. Fireteam Osiris Magnum Ultra Rare
  5. ODST Magnum Ultra Rare
  6. ODST AR Ultra Rare
  7. Sharktooth Grin AR Ultra Rare
  8. Sharktooth Grin Magnum Ultra Rare
  9. Spirit of Fire Magnum Ultra Rare
  10. Spirit of Fire AR Ultra Rare
  11. 343 AR Legendary
  12. 343 Magnum Legendary
  13. Blue Team AR Legendary
  14. Blue Team Magnum Legendary
  15. Noble Team Magnum Legendary
  16. Noble Team AR Legendary

EDIT:
sonofabitch

fljWoqj.png

Spartan3PC

Not counting emblems as I'm not sure if I've any left from opening packs, or the new skins from the weekend pack, I've got 33 and a half Gold packs left till I've got everything. Definitely on track to finishing before the next update.

Top Bottom