• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Glass

'The only thing worse then losing a hero, is seeing one turn against us.'

When did that happen again? Not only that, the UNSC knew exactly why Chief disobeyed an order. They knew he didn't turn against anything. Such a weird disconnect.

Akai__

Some of these game have been pretty awesome so far. Like Epsilon almost winning against CLG. Allegiance also got shut down by Liquid. Damn.

Twitch is all html5 now afaik, so it shouldn't be that bad anymore like it was with Flash. Maybe time for a new laptop :)

On my macbook it said it was playing via flash still, can I change to HTML5 or something?

Nah, the video is still Flash. Only the chat and UI are in HTML5. They said it's comming in 2016, but haven't specified when.

On my macbook it said it was playing via flash still, can I change to HTML5 or something?

Only if you are using Edge. You can disable Flash on settings and Twitch will load in HTML5.
On Firefox and Chrome is still using Flash.
And the HTML5 player is really bad

Edit: I think you can use that on Safari too

blamite

Twitch streams tend to run like shit in Chrome for me. I usually have to watch them in Edge (lol) to avoid constant video stuttering/freezing. It seems like it tends to be worse for streams with lots of viewers/chat activity, though?

Nowise10

I bought that new 10 dollar req pack thinking I would get 5 new skins, because literally every picture I've seen of people opening it they got 5 skins, along with the image they used to to advertise the pack only shows new skins.

Turns out I paid 10 dollars for 1 skin and , 1 blue helmet, and 3 purple armors.

I think Strongside and the other caster overhyping that German team at this moment. I should like that team as a German, but I do not like their members.

I bought that new 10 dollar req pack thinking I would get 5 new skins, because literally every picture I've seen of people opening it they got 5 skins, along with the image they used to to advertise the pack only shows new skins.

Turns out I paid 10 dollars for 1 skin and , 1 blue helmet, and 3 purple armors.

You're only going to get five skins back if you already done with your req collection.

Nowise10

You're only going to get five skins back if you already done with your req collection.

Yeah I realized that the seconds after seeing what I got. I didn't realize all the people I followed on twitter had already purchased everything lol.

I managed to actually get a refund from support thankfully, they were sympathetic.

The best way to watch Twitch (as far as how the system performs, framerate, etc on OS X) is using the livestreamer utility. It screws partnered streamers out of ad views though.

singhr1

For people running Windows 10: If you guys don't care about chat (doesn't work with large viewer numbers) and just want to watch the stream, there are some lightweight W10 apps that run smooth that I use occasionally (especially for these early rounds in which I don't care much for chat).

My current fav: Unstream https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9wzdncrcwb0g

Or use the VLC method

Velcoro

So what was up with CLG earlier?

Those games with Epsilon were too close and its not cause Epsilon somehow got better.

LFPViHB.jpg

For people running Windows 10: If you guys don't care about chat (doesn't work with large viewer numbers) and just want to watch the stream, there are some lightweight W10 apps that run smooth that I use occasionally (especially for these early rounds in which I don't care much for chat).

My current fav: Unstream https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9wzdncrcwb0g

Or use the VLC method

Forgot that you have to enable the HTML5 stuff. Oh well.

Another good W10 app is 8Stream.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/store/apps/8Stream/9WZDNCRDG5K4

They need a game in this CG Mega Bloks artstyle lol.

Thank goodness for Halo Wars 2 to mix things up. I've always been a firm believer that this franchise could use more spin-offs.

Is it The Rig or is it radar?

The meta game of Halo 5 can easily shift to a highly defensive game in the manner pros play Slayer on The Rig; it's already there when you see two teams of equal, high level skill play against each other, and it's why players like Ninja struggle against these players. You're going to see way more camping/defensive play as competitive H5 develops.

EDIT:
ninja isn't even struggling tho. ninja has played well so far this series.

Rig is just a terrible slayer map. Little options and incentive to move around the map
Ninja succeeds when he plays way more defensively than he usually does, which is what I'm talking about.

Mind you, I'm not saying Halo wouldn't be a defensive game without radar, I'm just saying that radar makes it lean that way much more.

Strider

ninja isn't even struggling tho. ninja has played well so far this series.

Rig is just a terrible slayer map. Little options and incentive to move around the map

The meta game of Halo 5 can easily shift to a highly defensive game in the manner pros play Slayer on The Rig; it's already there when you see two teams of equal, high level skill play against each other, and it's why players like Ninja struggle against these players. You're going to see way more camping/defensive play as competitive H5 develops.

EDIT:
Ninja succeeds when he plays way more defensively than he usually does, which is what I'm talking about.

Mind you, I'm not saying Halo wouldn't be a defensive game without radar, I'm just saying that radar makes it lean that way much more.

very true, ninja's at his best when he tones down his aggression.

his technical skill is through the roof - some of those jukes he was pulling on rig were unbelievable.

holy shit... EG playing AWFUL.

Trup1aya

EDIT:

It's definately rig...

No other map suffers from impenetrable setups like this...

Even if radar was off, the map would play much worse than all of the others for slayer.

On another note... EG just ain't got it no more :(

Glass

Microsoft sending out an email saying Summits shouldn't be watching the HCS on his channel because he's taking views from the Halo channel /facepalm

Top Bottom