• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

belushy

Banned
Was working most of the day while the tourney was going on. :'(

New Observer mode looks awesome. Also think they plan on adding a minimap at some point.

Madness

I still wish more of the NA teams were able to be entered, aside from Epsilon no other non NA team even has a chance. So the tournament won't be any different than regional and x games type's in terms of top 8. But like the Renegades vs EG match showed. Grinding and dedication and it could be any given sunday rules. Teams like OpTic, EnVyUs could have surprised.

MaGlock

I still wish more of the NA teams were able to be entered, aside from Epsilon no other non NA team even has a chance. So the tournament won't be any different than regional and x games type's in terms of top 8. But like the Renegades vs EG match showed. Grinding and dedication and it could be any given sunday rules. Teams like OpTic, EnVyUs could have surprised.

Yeah skyfire(firesky?) had no business in this tourney but twas the world championship so I see the need for diversity

blamite

What's the deal with that Observer mode they're using? Is it basically the theater mode spectating features, but live/more detailed? Looks pretty awesome. Coming in an upcoming patch?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
What's the deal with that Observer mode they're using? Is it basically the theater mode spectating features, but live/more detailed? Looks pretty awesome. Coming in an upcoming patch?

I... Don't see anything new. Lol. What am i missing?

blakep267

I figure if I sell every req I have I should be able to get 43k. That would leave just 37k more till I can get that 80k pack. Guess I'm gonna farm warzone. But it'll be harder without my stuff

Glass

I'm salty the Arena REQ bundle isn't for sale on Amazon.co.uk, tried buying it from .com but the verification keeps failing.

Madness

Maybe in the same sense that Slayer is a joke.

Remove Slayer imo

W0QgS4N.png

That would require more gametypes than Strongholds and CTF. Just sucks they couldn't get Assault in time for the HWC. Even then, Slayer can be a good way to switch it up. Some teams are better slaying teams than objective teams.

Unstable

I've been so busy with life lately that I've played maybe 5 hours Halo this month. I haven't even done my placement matches yet.

Getting old sucks.

Well this is sad:
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/03/ch...ecause-they-couldnt-get-custom-games-to-work/

Because fuck sick kids right 343? All glory to the 60fps and screw functional features like LAN support and split screen co-op.

Clarification: I'am fully aware of the issues at hand but I still feel that this was always a terrible idea to omit these features from any Halo title and I hope lessons like these will teach 343 the value of having both of these features always available to players. basic features we have always had should not be sacrificed for something as trivial as frame rate!

Wooo, my Internet is fixed I can play Halo again! When I hit my cap, Verizon
fuck them
throttles my data, so I had 150ms ping, which made Halo unplayable. That being said I'm back to playing Halo full time! I'm already over The Division; the end game just isn’t good that good atm. It’s just the DZ and running missions on hard/challenge, it gets quite boring and I found it even more grindy than Destiny. At least Destiny had cool loot.

mo60

Finally done with the silver grind. I used the 80k I farmed in warzone and arena to buy the last 16 silver packs I needed to finish with the silver reqs instead of wasting it on the spartam armory pack.

I love seeing how the plasma caster was being used by Liquid. At this point, every power weapon gets used by pro teams.

Yeah, the PC is pretty good when used right. The only power weapon that needs some love is the Spartan Laser, it's pretty crappy, unless you use one of the WZ variants.

Also Fiesta is pretty fun! Good place to knock off the rust from not playing for a week or two.

singhr1

I love seeing how the plasma caster was being used by Liquid. At this point, every power weapon gets used by pro teams.

I was disappointed that its still not used on Truth that often. With the number of hiding spots under the windows in each base, at pink and carbine, etc. it's great for flushing out campers.

Trup1aya

I was disappointed that its still not used on Truth that often. With the number of hiding spots under the windows in each base, at pink and carbine, etc. it's great for flushing out campers.

I think it's partly because it's probably the most exposed power weapon location in the entire game.

But there were a couple times last night where I thought teams would have benefited heavily.

JaggedSac

Finally done with the silver grind. I used the 80k I farmed in warzone and arena to buy the last 16 silver packs I needed to finish with the silver reqs instead of wasting it on the spartam armory pack.

Just finished bronze. Got 70 Silvers to do before that is done and then like 150 golds :(

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
anywhere to rewatch games?

i see esl halo you can jump around yesterdays video, but i cant see how to do that for the main stage matches. the channel is live with a replay that i cant jump around in. specifically looking for eg vs renegades.

Top Bottom