• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

343 is clearly interested in building a coolp system that A) leverages the REQ system, B) works with whatever guts they built for Warzone, and C) works in a matchmaking setting.

If it's more arcadey, that's fine with me. FF Limited never worked in Reach.

EDIT: And it tickles me whenever Madness and Smartwaffles post at the same time.

lol, literally thought those were both posts by waffles...

You actually expected them to make a new map? Think about who we're talking about here.

hrmmm, unnecessary 343 bashing makes charles angry.

plz don't make charles angry

blamite

There was a Brute Plasma Rifle in the trailer!

Wait, where? :eek: Like actual Plasma Rifle, or the red req Storm Rifle?

Even so, I'd be really surprised if they actually created an additional combatant species for Firefight.

But man, the tension when those drums kick in at the end of a set and the Phantoms drop off like 10 Chieftains with hammers and fuel rods... nothing since has come close to how epic that felt.

He is right though.

Still waiting on the one dev BTB map.

gon' be a long wait sir.

[read: ain't gon happen]

we should temper our expectations in tandem with halo's tempered popularity.

would be curious to know just how much money and/or manpower was devoted to this game compared with when halo was at its peak relevance / popularity.

Welfare

^Let me dream

Brutes should come back in Warzone Firefight and be introduced in Warzone proper. Update the maps with them to spice them up.

Also, I'd like to fight some insurrectionists in Warzone. They are still a threat, right? We already have marines on the map, why not add some enemy Human AI like marines and some rouge ODST's and Spartan 4's, with human vehicles being bosses?

Every now and then you wanna knock it up a notch with a blast from your Spice Weasel. BAM

jfoul

I'm excited for Firefight, but we'll probably be waiting until June. I could see 343i opening it up to different types of enemies, like the Brutes and Flood later on.

Wait, where? :eek: Like actual Plasma Rifle, or the red req Storm Rifle?

Even so, I'd be really surprised if they actually created an additional combatant species for Firefight.

But man, the tension when those drums kick in at the end of a set and the Phantoms drop off like 10 Chieftains with hammers and fuel rods... nothing since has come close to how epic that felt.

Yeah it was all hands on deck once hammer brutes came out. Good times.

Madness

Yep. Every day without the league continuing to compeye is a day more people go back to following some other game.

I'm surprised how hastily put together this event was. We didn't even get proper recognition for Team Allegiance as second. Just trophy and then toy mvp rifle to Naded. See you folks here's Warzone Firefight coming in a few months most likely june/July.

Should have at least spoken about the pro league more. A lot of these guys are going to get smashed, do a couple of lines of coke, chill for a bit and then move on to another game finally after months of grinding.

Wow, I hope they put in the rightful, chosen, actual real Plasma Rifle again. The Storm Rifle was the epitome of a dumb Halo 4 redesign.
Yup, the GOAT:
500px-PlasmaRifle-HaloCE.png

M7rAfEc.png

Please keep the radar.

I like how you can crouch to sneak around undetected, without the radar this will be gone from the game, it's a great tactic as most players rely on the radar and don't really assume there is someone behind them all the time. SMACK!!

Arena will become overrun with idiots sprinting all over the place like in fiesta and snipes, it'll become a super effective way to play.

The ninja will also be gone from the game, that's one of the best moves in the damn game... it's the ultimate humiliation as the victim.

Please don't change it.

343 is clearly interested in building a coolp system that A) leverages the REQ system, B) works with whatever guts they built for Warzone, and C) works in a matchmaking setting.

If it's more arcadey, that's fine with me. FF Limited never worked in Reach.

EDIT: And it tickles me whenever Madness and Smartwaffles post at the same time.

You can't separate us!

Please keep the radar.

I like how you can crouch to sneak around undetected, without the radar this will be gone from the game, it's a great tactic as most players rely on the radar and don't really assume there is someone behind them all the time. SMACK!!

Arena will become overrun with idiots sprinting all over the place like in fiesta and snipes, it'll become a super effective way to play.

The ninja will also be gone from the game, that's one of the best moves in the damn game... it's the ultimate humiliation as the victim.

Please don't change it.
How about radar that functions like the Advanced Sensors mod, meaning you'd only appear when sprinting and shooting, but not for walking? Would that be a good compromise for you?

Yeah that would be better, I still like the radar though... halo needs that sneak option imo.

I understand why people want the radar to go, not saying you're wrong, just my preference.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Walshy really put the pro scene into perspective today with the closing statements at the analyst desk. His first pro placement netting $50, and now he was talking about CLG winning $1million. Halo has come a long ways.

So I watched yesterday and today via Xbox app and twitch then also used that link to order the req just in case...nothing in game as yet and I did all that like 6 hours ago?

Leyasu

Banned
He is right though.

Still waiting on the one dev BTB map.

Man I would take every halo 4 BTB map remade with pleasure right now.
some of them weren't as bad as people make out.

gon' be a long wait sir.

[read: ain't gon happen]

we should temper our expectations in tandem with halo's tempered popularity.

would be curious to know just how much money and/or manpower was devoted to this game compared with when halo was at its peak relevance / popularity.

BTB maps are coming... The hog wild update will be the one.
I hope so

Leyasu

Banned
I'm guessing that the Hog Wild update features race game types and probably like a Blood Gulch remake.
It's not!!
Surely they can't release a halo game with this fucking pathetic excuse of a BTB mode.. Can they?

Your edit makes sad and angry in equal measure

Firefight now please: really like the idea of moving + challenges + escalation.

I hope it's in on all Warzone maps from the off/very very near to launch. Maps like Apex 7 will shine for it, I reckon.

Chittagong

Gold Member
What does pro gameplay look like without radar? I'd assume they get SCd more at least. And they probably don't crouch half as much, if even that.

They'd need to to focus only on keeping track visually of players and tracking spawns. I can't imagine them hearing much over the constantly loud team chatter.

jem0208

Yeah that would be better, I still like the radar though... halo needs that sneak option imo.

I understand why people want the radar to go, not saying you're wrong, just my preference.
Removing radar would make the sneaking option far more effective though.

Radar absolutely guts a player's options when being sneaky and forces them to literally crawl around. Sneaky flanking is made essentially impossible by radar.

It also encourages camping.

It's all around pretty bad at a high level.

Removing radar would make the sneaking option far more effective though.

Radar absolutely guts a player's options when being sneaky and forces them to literally crawl around. Sneaky flanking is made essentially impossible by radar.

It also encourages camping.

It's all around pretty bad at a high level.

When I say sneaking I mean in the crouch position... Crawling around is sneaking, normal speed is not sneaking.

I don't think halo has a real camping problem as the maps don't really allow it, and if you find yourself with possession of a sniper rifle you deserve to find a position where you can use it without being stormed by undetected rushers... I really think no radar will promote this rushing shit, you'll see less precision fighting and more AR/storm/smg/sword/shotty spam.

Trup1aya

I think there is a decent chance radar gets removed from HCS tbh. It may not but I wouldn't be surprised...

And if it does I expect an HCS playlist to follow. I mentioned it before but I'd love Team Arena to be converted to a Team HCS playlist with only competitive rules, maps, and game types... Then put in a permanent social arena playlist which includes all the map/gametype combinations.

The dreeeaaaam.

I think I woulda kinda hate that. I have no interest in playing halo w/o a radar. Mainly because I soloQ and too often run into ppl w/o mics.

I'm also not keen on having to go to a social playlist to play objective gametypes the way I've played them since H1, w/ radar.

I think a better solution would be to make a Pro playlist, that features HCS maps/gametypes w/ competitive settings. make team Arena team objective. Keep team slayer as is.

My fear for radar-less H5 is that it player movements will be impossible to predict. In previous halo's there were a finite number of ways an opponent can reach your position. You could plan accordingly. In H5, clamber and the other movement options make such planning really difficulty. But I'm not against giving it a shot

Leyasu

Banned
Firefight now please: really like the idea of moving + challenges + escalation.

I hope it's in on all Warzone maps from the off/very very near to launch. Maps like Apex 7 will shine for it, I reckon.

I can't wait for firefight. Like you I hope for some objectives to do as well. After playing the division, I have realised just how much I enjoy a co-op experience.

Ramirez

I've been leveling a character on Destiny to play with my son, peaked at the PVP playlists last night. Even that shitty ass MP has a solo que only playlist, cmon 343.

Top Bottom