• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Well now that the 2016 Halo World Championship is over all I have to say is that I feel very happy, proud and grateful of been part of it and now that I'm able to say it get ready for the pro league and the 2017 HWC! ;)

DOOM_Soul-Harvest-Victory_730x411.gif
DOOM does what Halon't

It better have the gat damn drums.

ODST firefight is still the best.

Doom bringing back dat bro swagger to victory

Ughhhh, I want to bro-swagger back....

Animations tied to players would be the best way around this.

For example, one player could have a bro animation for the intro and outro, while another player who likes his halo super srsface could have the standard look. Plus, more stuff to sell us through REQs!

Welfare

For example, one player could have a bro animation for the intro and outro, while another player who likes his halo super srsface could have the standard look. Plus, more stuff to sell us through REQs!

Teabag outro please

daedalius

Nah I prefer winning to be met with complete stoicism, no celebrations for me.
/s

Right, so Team Arena can't be played solo on low levels (gold/plat).

Most people at those levels have no clue of the objectives or how to play those game types at all, they seem to treat every game as slayer. I can carry the balls and flags, but I would need some defense. I wish I had a mic so I would yell at them.

I'll try BTB next.
the amount of times i've watched platinum level players just completely ignore objectives...

then they message me to tell me how much i suck because i'm the only one who's been flag running and thus have less kills...

grown ass men too, i can hear their voices!

I'm only a lowly mid-gold but I feel like I'm the only one ever completing the objective. If I'm not the one capping the flag then we are not winning the game and that's about all their is to it. I think I carry 4 out of 5 CTF games I play.
I get no support, and when I die I expect teammates to pick up the slack but they never come. Flag returned. I don't know how I'm ever expected to rank up when playing with randoms. It just isnt happening.

I intentionally do not plug in my mic so that I am not tempted to rage into it. Keeping it to myself.

Fuchsdh

Some suggested REQ poses:

*Steaktacular:
You sit down at a table with a huge steak and eat it in front of the other team.

*Everyone's a Winner:
Your character awards the other team participant trophies.

*Dance party:
raw

I'm only a lowly mid-gold but I feel like I'm the only one ever completing the objective. If I'm not the one capping the flag then we are not winning the game and that's about all their is to it. I think I carry 4 out of 5 CTF games I play.
I get no support, and when I die I expect teammates to pick up the slack but they never come. Flag returned. I don't know how I'm ever expected to rank up when playing with randoms. It just isnt happening.

I intentionally do not plug in my mic so that I am not tempted to rage into it. Keeping it to myself.

haha, kind of the same reason i leave my own mic unplugged.

the best [read: worst] is when the enemy's flag is sitting RIGHT next to your own [at base / capture point], and they spend 2 / 3 seconds trying to shoot someone across the map, instead of just grabbing the flag and capping the damn thing [and of course, dying in the process].

just makes me want to rage in all sorts of ways [and i do!].

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Some suggested REQ poses:

*Steaktacular:
You sit down at a table with a huge steak and eat it in front of the other team.

*Everyone's a Winner:
Your character awards the other team participant trophies.

*Dance party:
raw

I'd pay for these.

Aw,I'd saved up 67,000 req points then I log in tonight and find the 80,000 point pack is gone. Shame but from now on I'm going to keep a large reserve of requests points for future super expensive packs.

haha, kind of the same reason i leave my own mic unplugged.

the best [read: worst] is when the enemy's flag is sitting RIGHT next to your own [at base / capture point], and they spend 2 / 3 seconds trying to shoot someone across the map, instead of just grabbing the flag and capping the damn thing [and of course, dying in the process].

just makes me want to rage in all sorts of ways [and i do!].

Yep I know exactly what you're talking about. For some reason that happens at the last point of the game frequently for me.
I hardly even shoot in that situation, I just sprint in there, grab the flag, and thruster-boost backward into the return point 3 feet behind me while I'm taking all kinds of fire. I die only moments after, but it was worth it.

Sometimes if I already know my team is going to fuck it up I head to the enemy base ahead of time to grab it the very moment it is (inevitably) returned. That usually works pretty well because typically nobody on the enemy base is smart enough to have someone defending.

On the flipside, if I get into the rare game where I have a competent teammate or two who are running the flag, I stay behind to shut the enemy out of the base. I particularly like playing defense on Truth, but usually I'm stuck carrying offense. Just gotta feel out the needs of the team and fill in appropriately.

l'm still peeved that there are no intro/outro animations other than the players just walking up to the camera. It's just so lifeless and impersonal. The fact that DOOM has more character is a sorry state to be in.

If ever there was a time to introduce intro/outro animation REQs, Warzone Firefight would be the place.

Everything? My god. May I ask, how many days have you clocked to get there? Game time I mean

well except emblems tied to stupid things.

i had everything done at SR 65 or so, but i sold every single card i could sell until that point, and bought two $100 gold bundles after finishing silvers.

l'm still peeved that there are no intro/outro animations other than the players just walking up to the camera. It's just so lifeless and impersonal. The fact that DOOM has more character is a sorry state to be in.

If ever there was a time to introduce intro/outro animation REQs, Warzone Firefight would be the place.

to be fair, everyone complained about them in the beta, so...

Outro animations are so bad and cringe worthy. Play like 20 minutes of black ops 3 and you'll change your mind.

jem0208

no, no auto nerfs for christ's sake.

we finally have weapons that are ALL deadly, and people want to return to the shitty bungie balance days?

no no no!

edit: radar adjustments sure, but don't touch autos.

The storm rifle 100% needs either a nerf or have some serious changes in weapon placement.

Personally I'd remove it entirely from Empire, Riptide and any other small map.

to be fair, everyone complained about them in the beta, so...

Everyone complained about them in the beta, asking 343 to tone it down from 100% brotato to a cool 65%. Confident, but not highschool.
So 343 gave the spartans lobotomies, hammering spikes into their brains to a barely awake 10%.

Now they all look like they're lost in the parking lot, having forgotten where they parked, not realizing they don't even own cars.

Seriously, imagine them looking for their car in the parking lot next time you finish a game. You cant unsee it.

Welfare

The storm rifle 100% needs either a nerf or have some serious changes in weapon placement.

Slow down the ROF so that the TTK is just slightly faster than the AR/Suppressor or make them all have the same TTK.

hey, cool it - that's all i saw during the beta!

can't a man use a little hyperbole!

nerf? no.

different / longer timer / tier? definitely.

i was neither here nor there about it, but in all honesty i didn't play the beta that much - had just bought a new gaming PC at the time so i was kinda busy. ;)

jem0208

hey, cool it - that's all i saw during the beta!

can't a man use a little hyperbole!

nerf? no.

different / longer timer / tier? definitely.
It needs a nerf as well, currently it's far too easy to use for how powerful it is.
Slow down the ROF so that the TTK is just slightly faster than the AR/Suppressor or make them all have the same TTK.

Personally I'd reduce the speed of the projectiles and make it so you properly have to lead the target. Make it only really useful at super close range unless you've got a very good shot.

That way its power to skill ratio is far more inline with the rest of the sandbox.

Chittagong

Gold Member
well except emblems tied to stupid things.

i had everything done at SR 65 or so, but i sold every single card i could sell until that point, and bought two $100 gold bundles after finishing silvers.

Man! I am at SR68 and I'm not even half done:

Custom 31%
Loadout 31%
Power Weapons 45%
Boost 97%

It better have the gat damn drums.

ODST firefight is still the best.

Doom bringing back dat bro swagger to victory

I literally thought this was Halo, or rather something like RvB using Halo assets. I mean, that's Hayabusa!

And yeah, nothing tops ODST Firefight. I wish it had better netcode and MM, because otherwise it was perfection.

It's fitting the community at large literally got bro-celebrations axed and now we miss them and want them back. People don't know what they want and games shouldn't be driven by community stats confirmed :)

I still want a user input Kinect celebration, I'd buy that REQ for some greenbacks. Shit would be funny as.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Here's the definition of a dick. This guy thanks our team with 2K 16D, then he gets matched in the other team in the next game, and he destroys our team 17K 4D. Come on man.

Miker

Hey guys, long time lapsed Halo fan here. I used to play a ton of Halo 1/2 split screen back in my early high school days, but my college group was mostly about PC gaming, so I didn't get around to Halo 3/later until getting a cheap 360 years down the line when it was already dead.

I have an Xbone on the way with MCC and Halo 5, and I'm wondering if there's any useful quality of life/"I wish I knew this before playing" tips for either of them. Is there a certain best way to play through the games in MCC? What's the deal with buying REQ packs in Halo 5 - I hear buy only silver packs until you've unlocked stuff, or something? Which packs should I keep or sell? Is there a GAF Spartan Company? Any useful links, etc?

Hey guys, long time lapsed Halo fan here. I used to play a ton of Halo 1/2 split screen back in my early high school days, but my college group was mostly about PC gaming, so I didn't get around to Halo 3/later until getting a cheap 360 years down the line when it was already dead.

I have an Xbone on the way with MCC and Halo 5, and I'm wondering if there's any useful quality of life/"I wish I knew this before playing" tips for either of them. Is there a certain best way to play through the games in MCC? What's the deal with buying REQ packs in Halo 5 - I hear buy only silver packs until you've unlocked stuff, or something? Is there a GAF Spartan Company? Any useful links, etc?

only buy bronzes, until it gives you req points back

then move to silvers, until the same.

then gold... oh man do they take long.

My advice for new players is to jump into warzone, you'll get your arse kicked for a while but in warzone you can follow people around and your team can still do well.

Just expect to suck, it's a brutal game for noobs... After a while it'll start to click and you'll know the maps, then Halo 5 MP is sublime.

Chittagong

Gold Member

I have an Xbone on the way with MCC and Halo 5, and I'm wondering if there's any useful quality of life/"I wish I knew this before playing" tips for either of them. Is there a certain best way to play through the games in MCC? What's the deal with buying REQ packs in Halo 5 - I hear buy only silver packs until you've unlocked stuff, or something? Which packs should I keep or sell? Is there a GAF Spartan Company? Any useful links, etc?

Stuff I learned from Halo-gaf:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=198794187

My advice for new players is to jump into warzone, you'll get your arse kicked for a while but in warzone you can follow people around and your team can still do well.

Just expect to suck, it's a brutal game for noobs... After a while it'll start to click and you'll know the maps, then Halo 5 MP is sublime.

I would also recommend Fiesta for new players. You get to learn all the weapons and get accustomed to the arena maps. Plus nobody will care if you do horrible.

Blueblur1

It's fitting the community at large literally got bro-celebrations axed and now we miss them and want them back. People don't know what they want and games shouldn't be driven by community stats confirmed :)

I still want a user input Kinect celebration, I'd buy that REQ for some greenbacks. Shit would be funny as.

Speak for yourselves. I'm glad they're gone.

Top Bottom