• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

jem0208

Have you ended up ordering a new one? That must be annoying as hell.

My TV downstairs had a similar, albeit much worse thing happen that was apparently a common fault with the TV in question. Tonnes of black lines that started appearing at the top of the screen and more and more popped up.

Started like this: (Not my image)

Ended like this: (Not my image)

But still across the top and no white background.
Nah, I haven't yet. I'm going home so I might see if I can steal a spare from there.

As much as I love this game, I'm conscious that they will not change matchmaking. They will just tuning, tuning, tuning, tuning.... and EU players will still me matched with USA player, unfortunately.
Like someone said, 343 could give us an option to wait as long as it was necessary to be put on the datacenter closest to you.
We'll see.
I freakin' love this game.

All other games have been put on hold due to Halo 5's release....

I'm sorry backlog. soon?

ffs...

who at 343 thought this was a good idea?

Well the community asked for it. 343i provided it and put more options than asked for. One upping it really.

Lots of people play fine on the default settings. We're just giving you 'options' on how we've adjusted the settings to our liking.

Karl2177

Today is a frustrating experience for this game. REQ services not working, the game randomly kicking me, buying a REQ pack only to not give it to me but still take my points(and no, it hasn't appeared in my inventory for the past 45-ish minutes). I'm done for a while.

Leyasu

Banned
I just wish they'd either show the server you're connecting and your ping in the UI somewhere or let us opt in to pick longer matchmaking but our choice of datacenter.

As much as I love this game, I'm conscious that they will not change matchmaking. They will just tuning, tuning, tuning, tuning.... and EU players will still me matched with USA player, unfortunately.
Like someone said, 343 could give us an option to wait as long as it was necessary to be put on the datacenter closest to you.
We'll see.
I freakin' love this game.

It's an amazing game when it works.. Or ket us set the ping limit. I would rather wait abit than matchmake instantly and play a game not worth playing. The irony of it all though is that they could probably keep a bigger community worldwide if they gave EVERYONE the best possible experience..

Anyway enough of this. It ain't appreciated on here..

It's an amazing game when it works.. Or ket us set the ping limit. I would rather wait abit than matchmake instantly and play a game not worth playing. The irony of it all though is that they could probably keep a bigger community worldwide if they gave EVERYONE the best possible experience..

Anyway enough of this. It ain't appreciated on here..
I suspect it's not that people don't care, it's just that there isn't much we can do about it. Like you've already stated, the issue has been brought up numerous times. So, it's really in 343's ball court. It would make for a really awesome update if 343 can fix the issues, and I'm all for more worldwide support of Halo.

link1201

Why are people using outer deadzone at 10%? I keep mine at 4 or 5% just to eliminate a slight slow turn on my elite.
My understating is having a higher outer deadzone setting will allow you to turn at the fastest rate. You'd want to do this in situations in which you want to turn around as quickly as possible. If you were to leave the outer deadzone at 0% you might run into a problem if your controller is off and doesn't get you to the top turning speed no matter how far you have the stick engaged. Someone will undoubtedly correct me but I think this is why people have opted for a higher outer deadzone setting.

Leyasu

Banned
Lol I bumped into a 343 member 25 minutes ago and sent him a message that was far from rude..

He replied and I sent him one back saying how the good the game was, and he bans me for 48h for griefing lol not cool.

Who's
Mouseketeer
??

My understating is having a higher outer deadzone setting will allow you to turn at the fastest rate. You'd want to do this in situations in which you want to turn around as quickly as possible. If you were to leave the outer deadzone at 0% you might run into a problem if your controller is off and doesn't get you to the top turning speed no matter how far you have the stick engaged. Someone will undoubtedly correct me but I think this is why people have opted for a higher outer deadzone setting.

Hmm i had my settings at 0% and 0% respectively, but ill try that tonight see.

Lol I bumped into a 343 member 25 minutes ago and sent him a message that was far from rude..

He replied and I sent him one back saying how the good the game was, and he bans me for 48h for griefing lol not cool.

Who's
Mouseketeer
??

How do you know they're a 343 member?

JackHerer

That's why I keep mine at 4%. To eliminate a slight controller defect. I'm wondering why they are recommending 10% right off the bat and not calibrating it to their specific controller. Is there some other benefit to setting a (relatively) large outer deadzone other than protecting for slow turn?

BraXzy

Are you sure you didn't disconnect? :3

It doesn't seem like something they could just make happen. And I don't get why they would but.. who knows!

Leyasu

Banned
Are you sure you didn't disconnect? :3

It doesn't seem like something they could just make happen. And I don't get why they would but.. who knows!

Oh cool. I have a dude named TJ Nutter on my friends lists with a 343 emblem too

No disconnects... I have been the last man loads of times and have gone til the end.. I even asked him not to ban me in the second message lol. They were not nasty messages.

Oh, I'm sure that they can do whatever they want whenever they want.

link1201

That's why I keep mine at 4%. To eliminate a slight controller defect. I'm wondering why they are recommending 10% right off the bat and not calibrating it to their specific controller. Is there some other benefit to setting a (relatively) large outer deadzone other than protecting for slow turn?
I think it's just an easy go to setting that works for most people because the issues that would arise from being wrong are slight(would only affect the player adversely while having the controller pegged or close to the edges which would be rare I would think).

I'd assume being able to calibrate the setting to your specific controller was the reasoning behind adding the functionality though.

Rampancy is the third stage of AI development. By achieving metastability, she's passed through that, by definition.

She may have come to some conclusions that seem mad to us, but when you can plan on a geological time scale, setting off a few EMPs over some inhabited planets is a pretty tiny concern.

No, rampancy is divided into several stages. Melancholia, Anger, Envy and Metastability. Most never even reach the Envy stage, just succumbing to their rage and ever-increasing thirst for knowledge.

That's how it was in Marathon, anyway. We don't have any specific information about levels of rampancy, so your three stages are also purely speculation.

So Cortana could still well be rampant, or she could've moved past that all-together. My point, however, was that she's batshit insane. You don't need to be rampant to be insane. Considering she's also toying with a Halo ring, I don't think that is too far-fetched.

i lied ...

i don't use those settings anymore since i picked up my elite. I use the long stick on the right and the domed on the left.

my sens still fluctuating from 5-7. havne't found the sweet spot.

my peg stage feels like i'd reach it slower now with the longer stick. Granted i get more perfects, but i feel like i perform worse overall. If that makes sense.

BLAH

BraXzy

I think it's just an easy go to setting that works for most people because the issues that would arise from being wrong are slight(would only affect the player adversely while having the controller pegged or close to the edges which would be rare I would think).

I tried everything including 4 and 6%, but 10 just felt right.

i lied ...

i don't use those settings anymore since i picked up my elite. I use the long stick on the right and the domed on the left.

Eww, you use the domed stick? Who does that?

I need to try with the long stick for the right side again though.

I tried everything including 4 and 6%, but 10 just felt right.

Eww, you use the domed stick? Who does that?

I need to try with the long stick for the right side again though.

Domed on the left for easy pressing. IDK MAN, i just wanted to use as many peices of the included elite controller as possible :p

blamite

By the way, I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but what's this about?

• Added Line of Sight toggle option for use in custom games, such as Octagon
I briefly skimmed through the custom game options yesterday and didn't see anything about this. What's the deal?

E92 M3

I need to go into Warzone and start messing around with my controls a bit more. I have it to where I am 90% happy, but feel there is more that can change.

Top Bottom