• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

jem0208

Strongholds on almost everymap is fun.
It's not great on Empire although I think that's largely down to the placement of the pit hill.

It's apparently awful on Coliseum.

Other than those I completely agree. Strongholds is fucking awesome.
Edit :

^

tumblr_inline_n6ngg3PFX51szj4b9.gif

panel3_web_smaller.jpg

Sometimes the visors make the helmet better or worse.

Midnight almost makes them all better lol. Especially goblin.

Yeah guys. I rocked goblin.
I'll just enjoy my 2 unlocked colors... I'm using Matrix, which is fun and then Buckingham is the only other color I have unlocked. What I want is Remembrance. Can someone explain the benefits of going through bronze req's first instead of doing silver?

Ramirez

I thought of something last night, as I unlocked my 55th visor, in another shade of pink. Why aren't there any pulsing visors? Visors that have cracks(I know there's ONE)? Designs? Seems like a missed opportunity for some $2.99's.

Hey guys I want to share this video from Hector Rodriguez more know as "Optic H3cz" owner and CEO of Optic Gaming, he has a very important message to all the Halo community and you should really listen to him https://youtu.be/1ZKTIrEh7N4

I agree absolutely with him I work in Youtube as a content creator and I'm also a eSports caster I talk about this everyday with the Mexican comunnity sure maybe the game is not perfect but tell me what game has 0 flaws today on 2016, but the competitive players need to make way more content and stuff to make Halo big again a lot of people want too see 343 Industries, Microsoft etc to make all the work but this is not how it works, really you should see the video guys and tell me what do you think

I'll just enjoy my 2 unlocked colors... I'm using Matrix, which is fun and then Buckingham is the only other color I have unlocked. What I want is Remembrance. Can someone explain the benefits of going through bronze req's first instead of doing silver?

Save reqs and go through your collection faster through your commons when doing bronze first.

One match of warzone assult should get you enough req for 1 bronze.

The grind is real.

BraXzy

I thought of something last night, as I unlocked my 55th visor, in another shade of pink. Why aren't there any pulsing visors? Visors that have cracks(I know there's ONE)? Designs? Seems like a missed opportunity for some $2.99's.

It would be cool to have some more unique visors. So many are very slight shade differences. Some serious effects/cracks like you said would be a welcome addition.

The CE Pistol can't come soon enough, the rightful starting weapon.

I thought for a second it was from 343 themselves but still, interesting that people already want it switched in.

I'm confident the reason behind the maps being uninteresting is because of how 343 must carefully integrate all maps to work well with clamber and thrust. Those 2 abilities together absolutely break typical Halo maps.

Truth is one of my favorites, but it's carried over design allows players to rush onto top mid within 2-3 seconds of spawning on their flag. Some may defend this, but I cannot. Map flow and design is fundamentally changed in Halo now. I would say Reach didn't even have this issue as severely as long as jet pack was not enabled.

Even though I don't like the abilities in my Halo, I do have to give credit to 343 in how well the maps at least utilize those abilities. Colliseum is a great example of that with the multiple ledges near sniper spawn.

Nice embed skills bruh, matches your Halo skeelz ;)

Lemme fix that for ya.

Seriously 343 give me that helmet.

Ugh i had it right!!!!!! Ive been trying to edit like 3 times lmao...

No glory to g0su today....

Edit:

Can someone photo shop mister chiefs face on the helm?

Lmao id wear that so day 0.

I hope they add the rest of the Noble team's armor at some point. In Reach, I always rolled with Jorge's helm.
taR1Gmt.png

Yep. A lot of the color variations are too similar. You think we'll see something akin to Reach's armor effects like Inclement Weather, Pestilence, and the Legendary flame? It has to be in 343's back pocket. There's no way they went with micro-transactions and DLC permutations in Halo 5 without considering what was in Reach.

EDIT:
Save reqs and go through your collection faster through your commons when doing bronze first.

One match of warzone assult should get you enough req for 1 bronze.

The grind is real.
But other than not getting through the common stuff quickly, is it a waste to do silvers instead? I guess that's all I'm really curious about.

Trup1aya

Halo 5 has a milder case of Project Car's problem: the default controls feel off and frustrate the average player. Project Car's shipped with a ton of different control customization features such as deadzones. It wasn't optimized for joystick play until serious tinkering.

I have never seen my father (casual gamer) have so much issues with the aiming in a Halo game. It's not horrible, but it certainly doesn't feel as good as other Halo's, such as CE, which didn't feature a ton of auto aim/aim assist/bullet magnetism we see in modern games.

God bless the MCC's initial issue with CE's aiming, giving us anti-aim assist. God bless it.

I don't disagree that it could have come with more approachable default controls.

I was referring to the notion that 343i was wrong for providing customization options after the fact. Changing the default controls after so many people had already become accustomed to them creates even more issues. At that point, the best option is to provide options for those who want them.

Kibbles

This Req shit sucks, so far behind I just want the h2 BR, don't got enough time to play a million hours to buy a bunch of silver and gold packs

This Req shit sucks, so far behind I just want the h2 BR, don't got enough time to play a million hours to buy a bunch of silver and gold packs

I have like 50 and finished my bronze. Plus im a father of a 3yr old and 3 month old. So you can probably guess how much time i have really.

Sou Da

I wanted to post this in the other thread but after playing for a while I notice a lot of those complaints become null. Like I really don't care about the environment variety for maps when playing but outside looking in it looks a lot like a kid trying to get creative with same lego set over and over again.

The quitting gripe is legit though.

Trup1aya

I said it was only a matter of time, and that time is now: Discussions about using the H2 BR as the starting weapon are now happening.

The CE Pistol can't come soon enough, the rightful starting weapon.

Yeah I hope this idea burns in the pits of hell. A 4sk starting weapon makes 1v1's less interesting. Period.

And it's worse for the CE pistol.

The current, setup is the best it's ever been, with the pistol being lethal, but requiring more skill than other precision weapons. This allows for encounters that are dynamic, and rewards map pickups (which are supposed to be a key part of the meta).

I don't see how anyone gets joy out of everyone spawning with the only gun they'll ever need.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Just lost a win pack to the void. Wonder if it'll show up at some point, got my rp though

BraXzy

Just lost a win pack to the void. Wonder if it'll show up at some point, got my rp though

If you opened it and then DC'd/nothing happened usually it has registered server side you just don't get the ability to view the pack. So whatever boosts were in it will be in your inventory already.

Yeah I hope this idea burns in the pits of hell. A 4sk starting weapon makes 1v1's less interesting. Period.
4sk, relatively easy to use, hitscan starting weapon*
And it's worse for the CE pistol.
Uhh yeeee?
The current, setup is the best it's ever been, with the pistol being lethal, but requiring more skill than other precision weapons. This allows for encounters that are dynamic, and rewards map pickups (which are supposed to be a key part of the meta).
I've been starting to think the H5 Pistol might be too difficult for casual players, and the CE Pistol might be a better solution. Get a couple shots in and the enemy easily thrusts into safety, but with the CE Pistol that frustration would be lessened as kill times would be ~1 sec potentially faster. Key word there is "potentially" because despite it being a 3sk weapon, the CE Pistol was not easy to pull off "Perfects" with.

And yes, I am implying that the CE Pistol would be better for casual play because since the meta game of Halo 5 lends itself to defensive play thanks to how easy it is to survive engagements, a faster TTK weapon might work, granted it's not hitscan. If they're making the CE Pistol a 3sk hitscan weapon, then nvm, don't make it a starting weapon because it'd be OP.

It's just CE had no thrusters and the Pistol was loved, so imagine a game with thrusters, sprint, a high survivability rate, etc. and it could work well with H5's sandbox.
I don't see how anyone gets joy out of everyone spawning with the only gun they'll ever need.
It's just nonsense to say it's the only weapon you need in that game lol

Defect

Is there an actual difference between the br and h2 br besides faster switching/scoping and classic scope? Does it have recoil?

bchamba

Is there an actual difference between the br and h2 br besides faster switching/scoping and classic scope? Does it have recoil?

I've only gotten to use it a couple times but it feels like it shoots faster than the regular BR and has much less magnetism.

Trup1aya

4sk, relatively easy to use, hitscan starting weapon*

Giving people a "relatively easy to use" cheapens high level play, and gives lower level players less incentive to get better with other weapons

Uhh yeeee

The CE pistol was broken. Way to powerful... Every match was Pistol, sniper, rocket, Nades, with pistol seeing the 80% of the action. Nothing else mattered.

I've been starting to think the H5 Pistol might be too difficult for casual players, and the CE Pistol might be a better solution. Get a couple shots in and the enemy easily thrusts into safety, but with the CE Pistol that frustration would be lessened as kill times would be ~1 sec potentially faster. Key word there is "potentially" because despite it being a 3sk weapon, the CE Pistol was not easy to pull off "Perfects" with.

And yes, I am implying that the CE Pistol would be better for casual play because since the meta game of Halo 5 lends itself to defensive play thanks to how easy it is to survive engagements, a faster TTK weapon might work, granted it's not hitscan. If they're making the CE Pistol a 3sk hitscan weapon, then nvm, don't make it a starting weapon because it'd be OP.

It's just CE had no thrusters and the Pistol was loved, so imagine a game with thrusters, sprint, a high survivability rate, etc. and it could work well with H5's sandbox.

Casuals can have fun with the AR. When they are ready to take their game to the next level, they can work on pistol proficiency.

I can see nothing good to come from having everyone start with a 3sk weapon that can kill in under 1 second. I just can't.

It's just nonsense to say it's the only weapon you need in that game lol

No it isn't... Ever since the BR was introduced as a starting weapon, encounters had become far less dynamic. Which was a shame, because H2, with its balancing issues, launched with folks actively seeking out all of the weapons on the field. When BR starts became a thing, who would ever touch a magnum, SMG, or needler? You might grab a PP for your boob combo. Anything else was like having a death wish. At most people would pick up a weapon to use in a pinch of their BR was out of ammo. But never did someone pick up a primary. H3 was no different with is Arsenal of dualwieldable weapons that were useless in the face of a BR. The BR is extremely effective in litterally every situation. Which is why it should be a pickup: a reward for people seeking it out and controlling it.

BR starts throws the whole teir system out of the window.

E92 M3

It's easier for me to get perfects with the H2 BR and I don't know why lol. Maybe it's the years of muscle memory coming back; maybe it's nostalgia or maybe it's Maybelline I don't know.

belushy

Banned
Ugh the Monument would have been a lot better than the armory on Urban.

Also would anyone be interested in a Payload-style variant of Warzone?

Haruko

Are there any active players not in HaloGAF company that would like to be in a Spartan Company, once Cliq eventually logs in again to hand over the keys?

at this rate, should I just rename HaloSLAENT to HaloGAF 2: Electric Boogaloo once that happens?

Giving people a "relatively easy to use" cheapens high level play, and gives lower level players less incentive to get better with other weapons
Which is why I voted against it, so I agree with you there.
The CE pistol was broken. Way to powerful... Every match was Pistol, sniper, rocket, Nades, with pistol seeing the 80% of the action. Nothing else mattered.
Pistol, Sniper, Rocket was like 50% of CE's sandbox in general because it didn't have a lot of weapons lol. And to say nothing else mattered is not true because players would frequently drop their Pistol when picking up the Camo so they can instantly activate it with an automatic/Shotgun.

-pick up power weapon while Camo, drop Pistol while keeping your automatic or Shotgun-​

^Frequent occurrence in CE matches.
Casuals can have fun with the AR. When they are ready to take their game to the next level, they can work on pistol proficiency.
You say that, but why are so many competitive players against the AR? Because it's at their expense since the AR is so easy to use and how effective it is. I'm not immediately for an AR nerf as much as I'm more for a Pistol buff of some sort.
I can see nothing good to come from having everyone start with a 3sk weapon that can kill in under 1 second. I just can't.
You mean other than being the most beloved and best-playing Halo outside of H5? ;]
-snip-

BR starts throws the whole teir system out of the window.
I don't know why you went on to talk about BR starts when I was talking about CE. It doesn't really apply because the BR was without a doubt the weapon you would never replace, whereas the same wasn't true in CE. It might be true in H5 in the sense that you won't want to drop your CE Pistol, meaning you'd just replace your AR with whatever pickups you gain, but why is that a bad thing? It's not like the CE Pistol would be the only viable weapon in a sandbox with very effective weapons like the Storm Rifle, Railgun, long range Shotgun, etc. lol

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
If you opened it and then DC'd/nothing happened usually it has registered server side you just don't get the ability to view the pack. So whatever boosts were in it will be in your inventory already.

No, never tried to open it. I'll check my collection as I'm good about deleting crap every pack

Top Bottom