• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Detective

Whatever it is, that just sucks... I wonder if you'd have the same problem in other games, that use the same servers. I have seen people saying that they only have issues with Halo 5, which is just really really weird.

I back you up. Only with Halo 5. No problem with other games.

Nope only Halo 5 is giving me issues.

same here.

So i spent 10k on a gold pack and it gave me an error. I lost 10k and didn't get anything. Is it lost forever?

Happened to me once. It it should be there under your unopened packs. Check it out :)

Akai__

Can someone explain to me how you know these things? How do you know you need to buy more silver or gold?

Either this:

When you start receiving req points from your packs. That means you're done.

or you look on Halo Waypoint under Requisitions. Silvers cover everything from Common to Rare, so use the filters to adjust your rarity. The only uncertain unlocks are Emblems, but you will be done with Emblems, when you have arround 100 of them. Others are either in Gold packs or unlokced from Commendations.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Either this:

or you look on Halo Waypoint under Requisitions. Silvers cover everything from Common to Rare, so use the filters to adjust your rarity. The only uncertain unlocks are Emblems, but you will be done with Emblems, when you have arround 100 of them. Others are either in Gold packs or unlokced from Commendations.

Thanks Guys.

Strider

I love the changes to WZ so much. Getting to call in more reqs and pick up more reqs is so nice. Picked up the legendary DMR with bayonet in a pack recently too and I get so much time with it each match now.

Next feature we need is preset loadouts.

I think it's too early to say my true impressions of Riptide, still trying to figure out the best course of map movement and set up for Strongholds. Need a lot more games in.

I love the changes to WZ so much. Getting to call in more reqs and pick up more reqs is so nice. Picked up the legendary DMR with bayonet in a pack recently too and I get so much time with it each match now.

Next feature we need is preset loadouts.

How has it changed?

Fuchsdh

You earn req levels faster and weapons stay on the ground 4x longer. So it's easier to retrieve your own weapons if you die and you also have more time to pick up other people's req weapons.

Hmm. Will have to see how this plays out. Will definitely change up the dynamics of Warzone Assault, because when it's smart to be aggressive and quickly cap bases versus hanging back and amassing REQ levels for a successful push is part of the metagame.

Trup1aya

Hmm. Will have to see how this plays out. Will definitely change up the dynamics of Warzone Assault, because when it's smart to be aggressive and quickly cap bases versus hanging back and amassing REQ levels for a successful push is part of the metagame.

My strategy has always been get as many Spartan kills as possible...

I haven't dabbled in meta game at all. Haha

E92 M3

The req levels increase faster and the weapons stay on the field longer after death...

The result is a lot more action all around.

Where can I find the halo format?

CZseyz5WEAE_fPO.png

Fuchsdh

My strategy has always been get as many Spartan kills as possible...

I haven't dabbled in meta game at all. Haha

I mean, I'm playing Warzone Assault solo since it's far more enjoyable than normal Warzone without a communicative team, so it's not like I can really influence the outcome much beyond personal performance anyhow, but I've noticed that in general teams that give up the first and second capture points quickly have a much bigger advantage guarding the core since the assaulting team doesn't have big guns to call in. The longer the game goes, meanwhile, the more REQs can be called in, and at some point it swings back to favor defense (since static camping power weapons > assaulting vehicles.)

Noctus seems to be the first map to really change up that dynamic just because of the bases and the fact that the central part is so much more contestable than the armory on the other bases. And then there's this patch which should accelerate REQ progress and enable effective defense a bit more (since if I get killed with my shotgun I can sprint back and grab it again.)

Damn...

We have to complete level three to get the armor, I thought it was just get to level three, so it's really level four.

Spartan Charge and assassinate everyone!

That's a lot of running around, mashing B in SWAT, fam

I assassinate every chance I get, even if it kills me. This is how dedicated I am to the cause homies

Trup1aya

I mean, I'm playing Warzone Assault solo since it's far more enjoyable than normal Warzone without a communicative team, so it's not like I can really influence the outcome much beyond personal performance anyhow, but I've noticed that in general teams that give up the first and second capture points quickly have a much bigger advantage guarding the core since the assaulting team doesn't have big guns to call in. The longer the game goes, meanwhile, the more REQs can be called in, and at some point it swings back to favor defense (since static camping power weapons > assaulting vehicles.)

Noctus seems to be the first map to really change up that dynamic just because of the bases and the fact that the central part is so much more contestable than the armory on the other bases. And then there's this patch which should accelerate REQ progress and enable effective defense a bit more (since if I get killed with my shotgun I can sprint back and grab it again.)

I guess I never paid attention to WHY bases were taken quickly. Wether it was because the attackers where using more Reqs or if they were simply better pistol shooters than their opponents. But you make an interesting point.

On defense, I rarely use my Reqs prior to defending home base. I just change my Loadouts as I level up. Subconsciously, this was a better way to ensure that my Reqs don't go to waste. Now with this faster leveling system and the opportunity to reclaim dropped weapons, I might be inclined to spend more.

Is it just me or is the blue color lighter now? :/

Take a look at the patch notes from : https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/updates/infinitys-armory

Content Update Notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Multiplayer:
■New Arena map Riptide added
■New Warzone Assault map Urban added
■Over 50 new REQs including weapons, armor, emblems, and more have been added
■Modified color of Blue Team in multiplayer to improve Red vs Blue balance
■Increased Warzone REQ Leveling speed
■Increased Warzone weapon despawn time from 5 seconds to 20 seconds
■Fixed exploits on Overgrowth that allowed players to get out of normal map boundaries
■Fixed map holes on Antifreeze, Recurve, Basin, and Deadlock
■Fixed issues with Trident that allowed players to shoot through certain walls
■Added Line of Sight toggle option for use in custom games, such as Octagon
■The option to change teams has been added to the pause menu in custom games

Sandbox:
■Fixed “fast fall” and “slide boost” exploits
■Reduced the zoom time of the SPNKr Rocket Launchers
■Increased brightness of the Classic BR scope
■Reduced melee damage while boarding Wraiths and Scorpions
■Sword of the Faithful Beam Rifle now kills with a headshot
■Fixed issue where Maintain Sprint being toggled off didn’t allow players to slide when sprinting

User Interface:
■Spartan Rank Progress now appears under all players’ nameplate
■Active Roster updated to show whether or not friends are joinable and/or can be spectated
■Rarity is displayed for REQs in Spartan HUB Customization
■Players can now see equipped customization items from Spartan Appearance, Spartan ID, and Weapon Skins rather than going to each individual menu screen

and more...

Fuchsdh

I guess I never paid attention to WHY bases were taken quickly. Wether it was because the attackers where using more Reqs or if they were simply better pistol shooters than their opponents. But you make an interesting point.

On defense, I rarely use my Reqs prior to defending home base. I just change my Loadouts as I level up. Subconsciously, this was a better way to ensure that my Reqs don't go to waste. Now with this faster leveling system and the opportunity to reclaim dropped weapons, I might be inclined to spend more.

I don't think it's really a conscious choice by anyone involved (if I'm on defense, of course I want to skunk the other team in the first round, and if I'm on offense I don't want to try and time it so that I get maximum round time before capturing, especially as the first cap points are very difficult for attackers, with the exception of I guess the Garage.) Just part of the way the game evolves as people play it, and things to keep in mind when trying to respond.

jem0208

I like Riptide, really good aesthetic and it plays pretty well.

Also I have no idea what's going on with my monitor. It seems to be working again, and then it breaks again :/

bchamba

Does anybody else have an issue with party chat in halo 5 using a headset? It used to work fine but then a few weeks ago I couldn't hear my brother in a party chat through my headset while playing halo 5. I can always hear him when I'm on the dashboard or playing a different game, but as soon as halo 5 loads I can't hear him but he can still hear me.

I've gotten around this by unplugging my headset and using kinect as my mic, so the issue only seems to be with party chat using a headset. Maybe worth noting that we're on the same wifi network and I haven't tested out being in a party while playing with somebody not on my network.

E92 M3

I like Riptide, really good aesthetic and it plays pretty well.

Also I have no idea what's going on with my monitor. It seems to be working again, and then it breaks again :/

Aesthetic is alright, but map doesn't play well at all (slayer). The one main room is where everyone fights and then there a bunch of hallways. Why does 343 like hallways so much?!

hahah

jem0208

Aesthetic is alright, but map doesn't play well at all (slayer). The one main room is where everyone fights and then there a bunch of hallways. Why does 343 like hallways so much?!

hahah

I disagree completely, I thought it played pretty well.

Then again, neither of us can really make a solid judgement considering the maps only been playable for a few hours.

Madness

E92 M3

I disagree completely, I thought it played pretty well.

Then again, neither of us can really make a solid judgement considering the maps only been playable for a few hours.

Yeah, I just love the Halo 2 BR, but from playing for around 5 hours (lol) I got enough of that map. Most fights happen in that one room. I would have liked more windows, though.

So we buy silver till we get a card with rp or we only get rp out of the pack? I googled a bit but the Reddit thread isn't that easy to follow.

The first thing will be RP and then some random items.

I could've sworn Antifreeze wasn't part of the maps that had exploits fixed? Hopefully it was just a posting error initially and they forgot to say they had fixed it. Antifreeze was perhaps the one map where I saw everytime someone break out and grief so it's good that it's fixed, I haven't been able to check.
When I first read through the notes you're right, Antifreeze was not part of the list. Maybe they just fixed it?

hahah

Cause, like the bases in warzone that are always the same, they probably have "forge like" pieces of them pre-built that they just slide into the maps their building which is why you see assets repeating over and over on all the maps.

jem0208

What exactly is the issue? Are you sure it's not just your HDMI?

It's definitely the monitor.

I've basically got a bright yellow vertical line down the centre of my screen which appears and disappears. Most of the time it's there though. I can play, it's just really, really distracting.

Not my photo but it basically looks like this except right down the middle:
post-86221-1212503109.jpg

Haruko

I could've sworn Antifreeze wasn't part of the maps that had exploits fixed? Hopefully it was just a posting error initially and they forgot to say they had fixed it. Antifreeze was perhaps the one map where I saw everytime someone break out and grief so it's good that it's fixed, I haven't been able to check.

When I first read through the notes you're right, Antifreeze was not part of the list. Maybe they just fixed it?

Yeah, it was 100% not listed when the notes first came out. Glad to see it was added.

BraXzy

So we buy silver till we get a card with rp or we only get rp out of the pack? I googled a bit but the Reddit thread isn't that easy to follow.

Every silver/gold REQ pack gives 2 permament REQ unlocks (like skins/armour) and a handful of temporary ones.

When you have everything unlocked that can possibly drop from each pack, for the 2 perm cards, you will get a partial REQ refund since there isn't anything else to give.

Big Daddy prototype

Halo 5 is a prequel. Mind blown.

I've basically got a bright yellow vertical line down the centre of my screen which appears and disappears. Most of the time it's there though. I can play, it's just really, really distracting.

That would drive me crazy. sorry about your luck :/

Have you reset your monitor? Sometimes they have a reset to factory settings or something.

BraXzy

Yup, it's like the worst case of dead pixels ever.

The worst thing is that it's not exactly dead centre, I think if it were I'd be able to handle it better, but it's just offset to the left. Fucking annoying.

Have you ended up ordering a new one? That must be annoying as hell.

My TV downstairs had a similar, albeit much worse thing happen that was apparently a common fault with the TV in question. Tonnes of black lines that started appearing at the top of the screen and more and more popped up.

Started like this: (Not my image)

Ended like this: (Not my image)

But still across the top and no white background.

Top Bottom