• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Andodalf

Banned
Is warzone assault broken? I've had like 6 defenses in a row...

also every game is either a skunk or a really quick core cap.

NeOak

Welp, the Arena bundle says it was 19.99 with Gold.

I didn't see and I was charged almost 25 bucks

5tJmrjE.png

Sigh

Edit: Contacting support.

Edit 2: Refunded the REQ bundle. I'll try to buy it again later. I was told that it seems it is a mistake that it hasn't gone down to 19.99.

Edit 3: Shit, I opened one of the Arena REQ packs trying to open the Warzone REQ packs. RIP Refund D:

Edit 4: Refund came through. Now waiting for the website to let me buy it again.

Glass

I hope the drawing of Mister Chief's brother Stinkles posted gets a skin too. Seeing as it was created for that post, its basically a GAF skin.

Glass

Agree with a lot of this. I think a bunch of the issues will have been ironed out moving forwards. I think partnering with 2 different org's for this season probably created a lot of extra work and logistics for all involved, I bet next season with only ESL is smoother sailing. I can see both sides of having only the final on its own day. It's all over quite quickly, but at the same time its kind of like the super bowl, one big match gets its own day, its that huge and important. Had the series been like the insane X Games 7 game series between EG and CLG, I think a whole day for 1 game would have seemed much more justified.

The HCS has done its job though. Amazing events, amazing matches and drama, and its shown how damn good H5 is as a spectator esport. I think a lot of teams and players really slept on the grind and practice at the start of H5's release and the tournament (Optic), but that won't be happening again.

Double Post
635739722929348256329587656_86d4980acf1b1c3f7aef9f3c1024508d.jpg

IHaveIce

Banned
Agree with a lot of this. I think a bunch of the issues will have been ironed out moving forwards. I think partnering with 2 different org's for this season probably created a lot of extra work and logistics for all involved, I bet next season with only ESL is smoother sailing. I can see both sides of having only the final on its own day. It's all over quite quickly, but at the same time its kind of like the super bowl, one big match gets its own day, its that huge and important. Had the series been like the insane X Games 7 game series between EG and CLG, I think a whole day for 1 game would have seemed much more justified.

The HCS has done its job though. Amazing events, amazing matches and drama, and its shown how damn good H5 is as a spectator esport. I think a lot of teams and players really slept on the grind and practice at the start of H5's release and the tournament (Optic), but that won't be happening again.

Double Post
635739722929348256329587656_86d4980acf1b1c3f7aef9f3c1024508d.jpg

Agreed, sadly no team was in the spot to be good enough for such a series at worlds.

And yeah teams are already changing and it is crazy to think about how orgs will try to get a team that can beat clg

Something really funny happened to me today. I put down the controller because my phone rang, and then ninja'd a dude who thought I was AFK

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/BluePhazon1337/video/15929837

lol, amazing.

but, at least have the courtesy to stand above the dude while you teabag him - it's the least you could do.

edit: side note, when i got called during a match today, all i got out of it was a 15 minute idling ban ;p

belushy

Banned
Some team changing news.

Nothing confirmed but a big rumor is that Commonly was dropped. He doesn't have an EG overlay on stream anymore.

Symbolic, Renegades coach, said on Beyond that they are sticking together for now

Cratos left Allegiance

Suspector seems to be a favorite to go to Evil Geniuses (Not sure why. Hes a good player but I feel like there are better choices so I'm not sure I believe this one atm)

Isn't that what Mark IV [GEN 1] is? It's even got the emblem on the right shoulder.

http://news.xbox.com/wp-content/uploads/H5-Guardians-Arena-Overgrowth-Mark-IV-Gen-11-940x528.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

The downgrade from pre-rendered to in game assets ruined it for me, sorry designers/modellers etc. It's just not the same. I'm a fan of less then 20% of the armour in H5, same as H4. While I love the customisation they've introduced, and fully expect it's not all for just lil ol' me, I can't help but form the opinion the models/textures are just off for the most part.

They seem plastic or cartoon-y or [I]something[/I]. Just look at the helmet alone, it's nowhere near the same aesthetic. Even the 343 bullshot, which is a step up from the in game versions we see, isn't up to the same standard.

EDIT: Actually I should correct myself the modelling is on the money for a downgrade to in game. I guess it's the texture aesthetic that throws me. I suppose it's down for that Halo clean identification gameplay of red vs blue.

Akai__

Some team changing news.

Nothing confirmed but a big rumor is that Commonly was dropped. He doesn't have an EG overlay on stream anymore.

Symbolic, Renegades coach, said on Beyond that they are sticking together for now

Cratos left Allegiance

Suspector seems to be a favorite to go to Evil Geniuses (Not sure why. Hes a good player but I feel like there are better choices so I'm not sure I believe this one atm)

Will be interesting for sure.

I just counted the past Arena Slayer games I played (starting from being unranked), and 7 out of 13 games had quitters.

What's the point? Couple that with 0-14 teammates and solo players vs parties.... quite a miserable experience. This is why I didn't even bother getting ranked last month and why I don't bother playing much of ranked gametypes. Without Fiesta, my only options are Warzone and BR'zzz.

BizzyBum

Nice! Got some weapon skins from my Arena premium packs:

2b42d045-8feb-4704-9778-21b86a916b96

I got Bloodthirst, too. Looks pretty sick.

I hope 343i ports the MCC to PC. I feel summit would play it a lot. But yeah, dude loves Halo. I was watching his stream before and he even said that he feels the skill ceiling in Halo and being good is even higher than CSGO which I was very surprised at considering how much he plays CSGO.

Will be interesting for sure.

Commonly I saw coming. He's a good player, but after a super disappointing HCS they have to take it out on someone. Cratos played like crap in the finals. I think he went 1-13 in a TS game.

I heard Kampy is looking to get back on a team, as well. Wonder who will pick him up.

Some team changing news.

Cratos left Allegiance

Thanks for the updates. Feel like it's so hard to keep up on Teambeyond.

Strider

Well everything started happening so quickly lol but nothing unexpected... Every team will change except CLG.

Read stellur and victory X are no longer with RNG. Shame because I really liked watching that team... But I will follow the doge. Hope he and ninja find a really good team

belushy

Banned
Stellur and Victory X might be a to2 atm but I could see Victory joining with Ogre 2 on nV, they have a long history. That or with Hysteria on C9 or another org.

`````

^ Two Hundred thou

But we already have it:

a7156d4dd48078f79f2245d971102839.gif

Now that I remember I made this image before the announcement of the armor
my prediction was true :D

http://i.imgur.com/EeSz1w5.png[IMG]

Now we only need the real Mark V [B]343i Please![/B][/QUOTE]

I'm quoting that GIF again because that is badass. Why does it look so much better in that GIF? Not in game engine?

EDIT: I think I'm totally wrong about that armour, imma slap it on tonight and check it out again.

I'm quoting that GIF again because that is badass. Why does it look so much better in that GIF? Not in game engine?

EDIT: I think I'm totally wrong about that armour, imma slap it on tonight and check it out again.

Well the game uses a dynamic resolution maybe while you are in the main menu the resolution is 1080p all the time that's my theory

I would like to know more about commonly. he's not a bad player at all. So are the team shakedowns more just because not winning HCS proves the chemistry is not there to win ever? I'm still a flamesword fan. I hope otpic finds some good team balance.

Trup1aya

Just had my hype deflated... I thought I was finally done with uncommon Reqs...but I Forgot to check customization tab...

7 fucking emblems and a fucking visor...

It pains me to know that amounts to 20,000RP worth of merchandise...

Need 48 rare items too... Another 120k... Sigh

I would like to know more about commonly. he's not a bad player at all. So are the team shakedowns more just because not winning HCS proves the chemistry is not there to win ever? I'm still a flamesword fan. I hope otpic finds some good team balance.

I just think that there aren't any solid #2 or #3 teams. Any of the top 8 could have gotten 2nd or 3rd I feel with luck of the draw.

All these non CLG players must now figure out how to best team up to create these solid #2 and #3 teams.

Madness

Sometimes it's not necessarily about player skill but about how well you mesh as a team. Commonly was new and always going to be scapegoated even though he was a good shot and a decent replacement for Lethul. EG probably felt their three guys could stick stick together and get a player better than commonly and they did with Suspector who is one of the best in the game right now.

Roster lock screwed them over because the only got 3 days after Lethul left to make changes and then just a few weeks between X Games to Regionals to Worlds. You need at least 3 months of solid grinding as a team. CLG was only so dominant because they were already top 2 or 3 and by taking away Lethul from EG and replacing 2gre they just became too good. Can't wait to see how rostermania shakes up. I wouldn't be surprised if Renegades breaks up too.

singhr1

Same. Commonly was able to get his name out there by just being on the most popular HCS team. Interested to see what he does from here.

Top Bottom