• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Trup1aya

"It's turbo time. All players immediately skip to Level 9 after clearing out their Home Base, and REQ Energy recharges faster to ensure maximum mayhem."

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/4bmg28/weekend_warzone_turbo_shows_up_on_halo_5s/

If this is a real thing... LOL this sounds like whale central. I am still in sell everything mode, so I won't be participating, but I imagine this would lead to many gold req bundle sales.

HCS season two should have a healthy prize pool. Free maps well past June.

Sorry im posting so much guys.... But

aade5c6c-d8ef-4842-835d-befac716942f

Since im Korean, this is awesome.Dokkaebi! Lol

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
People hiding in walls makes me feel better how some times I was SURE that there wasn't anybody and I got killed from somewhere I had just looked and there were no corners to run around. I was wishing there was a kill cam because it is so useful to learn tricks of maps, but I suppose it could also be useful for exposing some bullshit.

Ah okay, i thought there was like 1 member still who was calling the shots. I knew suspector went to EG, but that all i kind of knew lol

TURBO TIME. level 9!? everyone spawning with DMRS confirmed.

I'm not so inclined but I'd go down on a prophet right quick to always spawn with a DMR.

This response and the above post assumes a lot of things that aren't necessarily true. We're working on a systemic fix rather than piecemeal kill volumes that would touch all of the warzone maps we've shipped which could lead to inconsistencies and more bugs.

Best of luck with that house of cards, sincerely.

strange team.

don't understand why everybody keeps ditching Ninja, dude brings it.

[bet RNG feel silly now after posting their fancy team jackets on the internet]

Dice

So there is good reason to do all bronze packs then all silver then all gold?

Glass

Yeah, open up gold packs at the start and youre going to end up getting lots of uncommon or rare items you would have gotten for half the cost in a silver pack.

Akai__

You can skip Bronze and go straight to Silver. Bronze packs are a gamble and you don't always get permanent unlocks in those. Lets say you buy 4 Bronze packs (4x 1250 = 5000) and you get 1 or not even a single unlock. That means you spent 5000 REQ points for nothing. With Silvers and Golds you ALWAYS get 2 guaranteed unlocks, but you have to do them in order, since Silvers get Commons - Rare out of the way, so you only have Ultra Rare and Legendary items left in Gold packs. If you would buy Gold packs 1st, you would spent 10000 REQ points on 2 Silver unlocks most of the time, which is also a waste of REQ points.

strange team.

don't understand why everybody keeps ditching Ninja, dude brings it.

[bet RNG feel silly now after posting their fancy team jackets on the internet]

Ninja seems overly aggressive when he's playing; if he really can't control that impulse, it might be why he keeps getting shuffled around, despite being a technically top-tier player.

Efficiency. Bronzes are 50% chance of a Common permanent. Silvers are Rares, Uncommons, Commons. Golds are Uncommons on up. So if you buy a Gold you're running a real risk of getting permanents you could've gotten in a silver.

The one thing I'm not sure about is Bronzes, since that 50% complicates things. Silvers have 2 guaranteed REQs, from across 3 rarities, but for 4 times the cost. So... I need to do some math.

But I think that Bronzes might not be the way to go starting out.

Dice

You can skip Bronze and go straight to Silver. Bronze packs are a gamble and you don't always get permanent unlocks in those. Lets say you buy 4 Bronze packs (4x 1250 = 5000) and you get 1 or not even a single unlock. That means you spent 5000 REQ points for nothing. With Silvers and Golds you ALWAYS get 2 guaranteed unlocks, but you have to do them in order, since Silvers get Commons - Rare out of the way, so you only have Ultra Rare and Legendary items left in Gold packs. If you would buy Gold packs 1st, you would spent 10000 REQ points on 2 Silver unlocks most of the time, which is also a waste of REQ points.
Makes sense, especially since bronze isn't a monetized option; it probably exists to push people toward silver.

I'm looking forward to expanding my handful of unlocks, especially with some distance rifles, though I've managed to beat some far shooters with my magnum (before getting sidelined by their teammate for whom they were offering cover fire)

Efficiency. Bronzes are 50% chance of a Common permanent. Silvers are Rares, Uncommons, Commons. Golds are Uncommons on up. So if you buy a Gold you're running a real risk of getting permanents you could've gotten in a silver.

The one thing I'm not sure about is Bronzes, since that 50% complicates things. Silvers have 2 guaranteed REQs, from across 3 rarities, but for 4 times the cost. So... I need to do some math.

But I think that Bronzes might not be the way to go starting out.
Seems like it comes down more to preference of unlocking order. If bronze gets you unlock half the time, you get 2 unlocks for every 4 packs (maybe not guaranteed in every 4, but over time), but you're guaranteed for them to be only common. With silver you're getting 2 unlocks for sure, and they might be common, but if the cost is the same as 4 bronze it doesn't really matter, does it? But with silver you could also be unlocking mid-tier things at the same time as your common unlocks, so you have more balance as things open up to you.

Ehhhhhhhhh.... You spend 5,000 RP for a Silver and get two unlocks. As long as you get 2+ unlocks in every 4 Bronze packs (highly likely, take it from experience -- I never felt this gamble people are talking about as I felt like I consistently received unlocks from Bronze packs), you're already doing better than just buying Silvers because you can sell more cards back in the process, meaning you can earn back more to spend it later, recycling the cards you don't use. If you buy a Silver and sell cards back, you're not making as much as you'd be with selling 4 packs of REQ cards back.

Maximum efficiency is with the Bronze -> Silver -> Gold route in my opinion. I've noticed people claiming to be done with Silvers like 20 levels higher than what I was when I finished Silvers lol, so take that as you will.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Ninja + ogre2 + Vic x + commonly?

Sounds pretty decent as a team, but I'm fucking stoked to watch them.

During my bronze pack grind I think I only went 4 to 5 packs without getting an unlock maybe 3 times total. On the flip side, i'd often get multiple unlocks in a row, so i feel like it balances out. Plus I sold all of my cards which usually meant an extra bronze pack or two every 5000 req points. Its a risk not getting unlocks, but a small one. Its also enjoyable being able to open a pack after almost every single wz assault game.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Does anyone in here play on Cox internet?

I still get disconnects constantly (I'm lucky if I can finish a game). No other game I play has problems. It tears me up inside. :(

I bought a new router just to see if it would fix it, but it didn't. ISP is the only other thing I can think of. Open nat, wired.

Dice

Ehhhhhhhhh.... You spend 5,000 RP for a Silver and get two unlocks. As long as you get 2+ unlocks in every 4 Bronze packs (highly likely, take it from experience -- I never felt this gamble people are talking about as I felt like I consistently received unlocks from Bronze packs), you're already doing better than just buying Silvers because you can sell more cards back in the process, meaning you can earn back more to spend it later, recycling the cards you don't use. If you buy a Silver and sell cards back, you're not making as much as you'd be with selling 4 packs of REQ cards back.

Maximum efficiency is with the Bronze -> Silver -> Gold route in my opinion. I've noticed people claiming to be done with Silvers like 20 levels higher than what I was when I finished Silvers lol, so take that as you will.
Oh, I didn't consider sell-back. This is a good strategy for efficiency, but it may hold less excitement in the journey/feel more grindy compared to the balanced distribution of silver unlocks. That level difference, tho...

Well, it will be random but over time have the same permanent unlocks as Silvers. Bronzes will give you more cards to sell, and while Silvers will give you rarer cards that will sell for more, I don't think it balances out (especially at the beginning when you don't have any Certifications for rare items)

Akai__

Well, it will be random but over time have the same permanent unlocks as Silvers. Bronzes will give you more cards to sell, and while Silvers will give you rarer cards that will sell for more, I don't think it balances out (especially at the beginning when you don't have any Certifications for rare items)

Just speaking from my and friends experience. I opened 8 Bronze packs 2 seperate times and didn't get a single unlock. That's when I decided to drop Bronze packs completely and I even surpassed my friend who was buying Bronze packs 1st and finished at a lower level with all Bronze + Silvers. I also kept every item 3 times and sold everything else. Stuff from Silver packs also tends to sell for more, even if it's not 50, but 75 RP it helps a lot.

You also have to make good use of RP boosts, obviously.

Oh, I didn't consider sell-back. This is a good strategy for efficiency, but it may hold less excitement in the journey/feel more grindy compared to the balanced distribution of silver unlocks. That level difference, tho...
That's the thing with Halo 5, the game only begins once you get through the grind lol, or at least that's how I felt. Putting armor customization and emblems behind REQ packs was a terrible idea in my opinion for that reason you brought up (excitement of a journey vs grindy feel), but from a business perspective it's paying off.
Yeah, that's how I feel.

Dice

Actually, I think I'll focus on bronze unlocks with the sell-back strategy. Why? Because I often "requisition" nice shit off the ground from dead soldiers. Doesn't always work for vehicles, I guess, but people are generally picking good items for the level/situation at hand. This of course is a benefit that wouldn't have been there at launch. As it is, though, I can ride on the success of others, sometimes literally!

Just to be sure: What does that blue ribbon-looking icon in the top right corner of a power weapon mean? These icons are useless without a legend, which they should be providing in-game in this digital age without instruction manuals.

Ninja seems overly aggressive when he's playing; if he really can't control that impulse, it might be why he keeps getting shuffled around, despite being a technically top-tier player.

that's a fair point.

i was commenting during the worlds how he seemed to REALLY take-off when he stopped playing so aggressively.

perhaps if he shows he can play like that more consistently, he'll stop getting dropped.

i've really come round to like the guy as well, never used to be a fan for whatever reason.

Actually, I think I'll focus on bronze unlocks with the sell-back strategy. Why? Because I often "requisition" nice shit off the ground from dead soldiers. Doesn't work for vehicles, I guess, but people are generally picking good items for the level/situation at hand. This of course is a benefit that wouldn't have been there at launch. As it is, though, I can ride on the success of others, sometimes literally!

Just to be sure: What does that blue ribbon-looking icon in the top right corner of a power weapon mean? These icons are useless without a legend, which they should be providing in-game in this digital age without instruction manuals.

It's a certification, meaning it's now weighted higher (you will get it more often) when the random REQs are generated.

BraXzy

Trying to catch up on all the pro switch ups over on Beyond and there's so many pages. Pls no more pages till I'm caught up!

Just speaking from my and friends experience. I opened 8 Bronze packs 2 seperate times and didn't get a single unlock. That's when I decided to drop Bronze packs completely and I even surpassed my friend who was buying Bronze packs 1st and finished at a lower level with all Bronze + Silvers. I also kept every item 3 times and sold everything else. Stuff from Silver packs also tends to sell for more, even if it's not 50, but 75 RP it helps a lot.

You also have to make good use of RP boosts, obviously.

Do we have to have that statistics discussion again from a few weeks back re: streaks in large sequences?

lol

Top Bottom