• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

EYEL1NER

I've had an issue all day where I cannot mute anyone. I've tried muting all and muting individuals who just sit there breathing heavily, but nothing seems to work. I haven't had any issues with any other games today, just this problem isolated to H5. In a lobby, I can toggle the Right Thumbstick graphic to "Mute All"/"Unmute All" but it doesn't make a difference.
Games haven't been laggy and no disconnects from the server or REQ problems, just that one issue.
Any ideas or anyone else seeing the same thing?

Trup1aya

They lied, the snapchat just showed the same trailer again

Well that sucks I was all excited and what not

Nadeshot the most famous gamer in the world? Some people must really just like to pretend pewdiepie doesn't exist lol :p the numbers aren't even comparable.
Nadeshot is really popular tho and now that he's back on twitch he'll be one of the biggest channels.

Halo 5 is in a really good spot tho right now and people like nadeshot can def help boost the population more. It still blows my mind people think the standard season pass structure would be better for the game or that the focus on Esports was a completely wrong move.Having a fan base invested in a competitive scene keeps games alive whether you have a casual crowd or not...

Not saying they shouldn't have done a better job at catering to the social/casual crowd because they def could and should have but investing in Esports was a good move

Those people are cray cray. Halo 5 would be deader than a door nail had they not gone this route. And that's not to say it wouldn't have still been a good game. But the population would have dropped with each DLC, and twitch viewership would never spike like it does come tourney time. That's great advertisement.

Nadeshot the most famous gamer in the world? Some people must really just like to pretend pewdiepie doesn't exist lol :p the numbers aren't even comparable.
Nadeshot is really popular tho and now that he's back on twitch he'll be one of the biggest channels.

Halo 5 is in a really good spot tho right now and people like nadeshot can def help boost the population more. It still blows my mind people think the standard season pass structure would be better for the game or that the focus on Esports was a completely wrong move. Having a fan base invested in a competitive scene keeps games alive whether you have a casual crowd or not...

Not saying they shouldn't have done a better job at catering to the social/casual crowd because they def could and should have but investing in Esports was a good move

Standard season pass is a really really bad move compared to what 343 actually did. One of my friends literally bought the game only cause he knew that all of the DLC was going to be free. Plus not separating the community and doing it this way was imo, brilliant. It gives everyone a good reason to log in every month.

But one thing they did very badly imo, is not having all of the standard Halo gametypes weve always had straight from the start. Having to wait till "its ready" for stuff ive always played in halo was for me a gigantic turn off.

If they want to add new modes, new content every month on top of the regular halo stuff, im all for it. But somewhat "stripping" the game from modes weve always had and launch them as "new" in a monthly update, to me, fucking sucked.

edit: When a game launches, its success is (to me) very much reliant on its "momentum". When you launch a game with a whole bunch of stuff missing (that halo fans are all used to having day one), that to me kills a lot of its momentum and that turns players off. The fans might stick around but the other people wont. Halo5s momentum was hurt imo by having gametypes that are staples of halo, not be there for months and then when released, done half-assedly with forge maps. Every decision they make has an effect on the games longevity. Those were bad decisions imo.

Trup1aya

Standard season pass is a really really bad move compared to what 343 actually did. One of my friends literally bought the game only cause he knew that all of the DLC was going to be free. Plus not separating the community and doing it this way was imo, brilliant. It gives everyone a good reason to log in every month.

But one thing they did very badly imo, is not having all of the standard Halo gametypes weve always had straight from the start. Having to wait till "its ready" for stuff ive always played in halo was for me a gigantic turn off.

If they want to add new modes, new content every month on top of the regular halo stuff, im all for it. But somewhat "stripping" the game from modes weve always had and launch them as "new" in a monthly update, to me, fucking sucked.

edit: When a game launches, its success is (to me) very much reliant on its "momentum". When you launch a game with a whole bunch of stuff missing (that halo fans are all used to having day one), that to me kills a lot of its momentum and that turns players off. The fans might stick around but the other people wont. Halo5s momentum was hurt imo by having gametypes that are staples of halo, not be there for months and then when released, done half-assedly with forge maps. Every decision they make has an effect on the games longevity. Those were bad decisions imo.

I can agree with that. There's not explanation for having breakout day 1 and having us wait for Ball gametypes and BTB .

Glass

Nadeshot the most famous gamer in the world? Some people must really just like to pretend pewdiepie doesn't exist lol :p

Woops I totally forgot about him, brofist for reminding me ;) I guess most famous competitive player is more like it.

4 day Bank Holiday weekend starts NAO. Time to grind.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Is there some way to turn off voice chat? I had some guy in slayer bitching at me the ENTIRE ROUND because I guess he got mad that I "ran away" from two people I didn't even see, who happened to have a fuel rod cannon anyway. I really don't need someone constantly crying over how much I'm dying when I'm level 8 and everyone else is 60+ (and I ended up not even being last place anyway)

Strider

Is there some way to turn off voice chat? I had some guy in slayer bitching at me the ENTIRE ROUND because I guess he got mad that I "ran away" from two people I didn't even see, who happened to have a fuel rod cannon anyway. I really don't need someone constantly crying over how much I'm dying when I'm level 8 and everyone else is 60+ (and I ended up not even being last place anyway)

I usually just go in an XBL party chat by myself when playing solo. Better than muting people each round. There's no way to disable it entirely in-game tho

NeOak

http://kotaku.com/psa-heres-how-to-turn-off-voice-chat-in-halo-5-1740550480

Halo 5 doesn’t make this obvious, but there’s a way to turn off voice chat—by muting everyone else in the game. To do this, open up the list of players (by hitting the back button), then hit X for “mute all.” You have to do this every time you start a new match; there’s no in-game option to make it permanent.

Alternatively, you could go to your Xbox Live privacy settings and set it so you can only get voice/text messages from your friends, which is probably the best option if you just want to shoot things in Halo without having to listen to anyone else.

Or just create a party.

link1201

I have my privacy settings set to just hear friends.

EYEL1NER

As I mentioned on this page, muting individuals or the entire lobby hasn't been working for me all day. Not sure why, but that is how it has been today. Others did mention how to mute people or disable chat altogether in replies but I would be curious if muting people works for you (if you are allowed to talk to me, that is. I've been making small steps towards interacting with the Halo-GAF community over the past day to no avail).

You are eternally known as GUFU for all time now.

Define alive?
Yes

BraXzy doesn't want to have a Birthday in July it seems.

As I mentioned on this page, muting individuals or the entire lobby hasn't been working for me all day. Not sure why, but that is how it has been today. Others did mention how to mute people or disable chat altogether in replies but I would be curious if muting people works for you (if you are allowed to talk to me, that is. I've been making small steps towards interacting with the Halo-GAF community over the past day to no avail).

To be honest, my volume is quit low i don't hear people much. BUT when i do use it, it does work. However, i can't say i tested it at 100%.

Those eyes with the name "curious" scare me to death.

lol, i think my friend took a picture of me on his old "digital" [ie - mini VHS] camcorder when we were having a Dark Age of Camelot LAN session ~16 years ago.

i pulled my hoody like that to conceal my face, and the eyes just kinda came out like that.

i mean, i'm also a freaking vampire so yeah you should be afraid i suppose.

plz understand

muting people has always worked flawlessly for me, but i haven't had to do it [yet] today, so can't comment if it's changed at all.

gotta mute them heavy mouth breathers, or people whose call-outs don't extend any further than "aw, come on guys!".

Don't you dare PLZ UNDERSTAND ME!

Says the guy who can't even quote properly or embed images. and talks about himself in third person...

lol wow.. its good to be back.

Love how some people posted about BTB when they asked about the Arena maps.(i guess btb is in the Arena section, but you know what i mean).

I don't think they care about forge maps and how they can balance them better. lol

but, but.. but... you're my favourite person to
plz understand
!

t('.'t)

They should have asked the almighty HaloGAF of what should be changed on the maps.

Now, it's too late and the shame will forever hand over their heads.

Shame.
Shame.
Shame.
Shame.
GOT.gif

belushy

Banned
7cdf331150e140dde5e2ca51c3707a4a.png

Hope they get more feedback like this(as opposed to "REMOVE REMOVE REMOVE"). Pretty good ideas that should be tested.

Top Bottom