• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

jem0208

The matchmaking in this game is fucking bizarre.

I'm constantly getting very close games, just now I had a slayer game go 50-47.

However I constantly get a single really shitty teammate, in this example a guy went 5 and 14.

I don't think I've ever had a game where every player is reasonably equally skilled even though I'm constantly getting extremely close games.

Lol Fata1moose

GIT REQT!!!

Glass

1G's up in the chat for Braxzy!

I would love to see more Halo streamers try out custom maps/gametypes, it can be a pain to set up if they don't have someone showing them though.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
could be honeymoon, but ninja, ogre2, and victory have really good chemistry.

Akai__

Yeah, posting these weird things were clearly not a reason why our thread got locked in 1st place. I actually want to have a Halo thread on GAF so please stop.

BraXzy

1G's up in the chat for Braxzy!

I would love to see more Halo streamers try out custom maps/gametypes, it can be a pain to set up if they don't have someone showing them though.

Hehe I wondered if any HaloGAF would spot that. H5 customs would blow his mind.

Madness

Yeah, posting these weird things were clearly not a reason why our thread got locked in 1st place. I actually want to have a Halo thread on GAF so please stop.

Worst part is others quote it so even if you have that garbage on ignore you're forced to see it as you scroll down.

kind of a gap between a Hark! A Vargant edit (that's actually more clothed than the original version) and roughly a page and a half (on 100ppp) of scattershot hotdog butt slaps, veiny pink elite heads and aforementioned pink elite heads plastered over actual interspecies rule 34 with posters deliberately trying to get the thread shut down, but ok

kind of a gap between a Hark! A Vargant edit (that's actually more clothed than the original version) and roughly a page and a half (on 100ppp) of scattershot hotdog butt slaps, veiny pink elite heads and aforementioned pink elite heads plastered over actual interspecies rule 34 with posters deliberately trying to get the thread shut down, but ok

I only came to Halo gaf since MCC, and this sounds amazing.

Can we bring it back?

jfoul

Summit is streaming Halo 5 again. I think I heard him say he'll probably stream games outside of CSGO during late night hours. I don't really care much for Summit, or Nadeshot's audience, but it could be a shot in the arm for H5 stream popularity.

jfoul

I'm considering an Elite Controller purchase. I already have the Lunar white, which I really like. Maybe I'll wait for a possible sale, or price drop. $150 for a controller makes my frugal palms sweat just adding it to my Amazon cart.

Madness

I think Halo popularity would skyrocket if Halo MP released on PC.

It would. Xbox One is a small platform. If Halo 5 was on PC, the game would easily have thousands more viewers. Even something like MCC.

Can you imagine a fixed MCC PC release. PC owners get to play CE,2,3,4 and H2A mp. They finally get to use Halo 3, Halo 4 and H2A forge. Get to play all the campaigns etc. Probably even fix all the frame rate and resolution issues. I could see a title like that be evergreen for PC.

My theory is that we will see in the near future Halo MCC on Windows 10, Halo 5 will remain exclusive to the Xbox One but all future games will release in both for example we already have the confirmation of Halo Wars 2 launching on Xbox One and Windows 10 so I believe that Halo "6" will launch on Windows 10 and Xbox "current console" that's my wild guess

My theory is that we will see in the near future Halo MCC on Windows 10, Halo 5 will remain exclusive to the Xbox One but all future games will release in both for example we already have the confirmation of Halo Wars 2 launching on Xbox One and Windows 10 so I believe that Halo "6" will launch on Windows 10 and Xbox "current console" that's my wild guess

Hwc 4 would be massive if that happened, beat TI's 16m?

If halo does indeed come to PC how would tournaments be handled in the future? Would pros stick with controllers or be willing to adapt to M/K?

This whole thing seems tricky to me

Madness

If halo does indeed come to PC how would tournaments be handled in the future? Would pros stick with controllers or be willing to adapt to M/K?

This whole thing seems tricky to me

I think even though it would be blasphemy for a lot of PC'ers. Mandating controller only for Tourneys could be a main step at unifying the community. I wonder if they would ever allow cross play but controllers only. This kind of stuff only hypothetical though.

mo60

I managed to finally kill the wraith officer on March on Stormbreak. I found him kinda hard to kill. Now I just need to kill the warden eternal on escape on arc and I would have killed all the bosses on each warzone map. I also broke SR 100 finally, but I don't think I will get to SR 152 anytime soon.

Cranster

Banned
I don't believe that one bit. If you compare PC game sales to Console game sales especially with big franchises like Halo the PC version doesn't sell nearly aswell. The last time time a mainline Halo game was released for PC it flopped and the FTP Halo was practically hijacked/stolen by modders.

It would. Xbox One is a small platform. If Halo 5 was on PC, the game would easily have thousands more viewers. Even something like MCC.

Can you imagine a fixed MCC PC release. PC owners get to play CE,2,3,4 and H2A mp. They finally get to use Halo 3, Halo 4 and H2A forge. Get to play all the campaigns etc. Probably even fix all the frame rate and resolution issues. I could see a title like that be evergreen for PC.
Nope, because in doing so I'd imagine they would be forced to recall the Console version and relaunch it with the same fixes. Microsoft would basicly be admitting to selling a faulty product.

Top Bottom