• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

So much fun playing against a four man with a Champion.

Screenshot-Original.png

It’s probably just a fluke and won’t happen again.

That next game…

1403221581100.gif

I think that’s enough Halo for today.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I was playing and I picked up some kind of Recon AR off a guy that even sounded different when it fired, almost like mini explosions. It fucking melted people. So I guess looking forward to unlocks there is the extra zoom and long range BR and this crazy explosive AR. At least I got a BR with a laser for now. I also just got the faster shield recharge armor mod. Do you only use one armor mod at a time or do you just eventually get way stronger? I'd love an extended radar because right now it's completely useless.

I'm hoping to have time to maybe get in on the Saturday Morning Warzone Shananigans if there's room. Feel free to add me or send me an invite.

GT: xxx shiv xxx

I'm also looking to get back into this and would like to maybe join an active spartan company if anyone has a bigger one with room.

I was playing and I picked up some kind of Recon AR off a guy that even sounded different when it fired, almost like mini explosions. It fucking melted people. So I guess looking forward to unlocks there is the extra zoom and long range BR and this crazy explosive AR. At least I got a BR with a laser for now. I also just got the faster shield recharge armor mod. Do you only use one armor mod at a time or do you just eventually get way stronger? I'd love an extended radar because right now it's completely useless.

I think it sounds louder because of the zoom. The AR has the same sound with each variet except the silenced one.

Yeah, you can only equip one armor mod at a time. Luckily, you can switch it at any REQ station or when you are respawning. The Radar Mod is nice. It extends the range, still stays up when you zoom in and makes you harder to notice on the enemies radar. it's a deadly combo when you have silenced weapons and the radar mod.

Akai__

I'll have to skip it once again, because my family is over for the Easter holidays. If somebody wants to take over for tomorrow, feel free to do so and you actually don't have to start at the time I'm always starting.

Sorry that this is the 2nd time in a row that we are skipping it.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are any AR's with explosive shots or ones that do more damage to players. All I can think of is the one with the Forerunner attachment (I believe Kinetic Bolts), but that only does extra damage to vehicles, I think? I don't use AR's in Warzone, but they melt people anyways.

As far as armor mods go, you can only have 1 at a time. The best ones for me are Upgraded Shields (you survive a Sniper Headshot) and Advanced Sensor combined with Silencer Weapons, because you don't show up on the Radar at normal walking speed, you see people crouching, you have a 40 meter Radar and you can Assassinate people all day basically.

Fuchsdh

I think it sounds louder because of the zoom. The AR has the same sound with each variet except the silenced one.

Yeah, you can only equip one armor mod at a time. Luckily, you can switch it at any REQ station or when you are respawning. The Radar Mod is nice. It extends the range, still stays up when you zoom in and makes you harder to notice on the enemies radar. it's a deadly combo when you have silenced weapons and the radar mod.

I've mostly just stuck with either auto medic or shielding, as those provide the most concrete benefits for me, especially since I spend so much time in Warzone Assault.

I've mostly just stuck with either auto medic or shielding, as those provide the most concrete benefits for me, especially since I spend so much time in Warzone Assault.

Yeah that makes sense with Assualt for sure. I too, sometime go back and forth between the extra sheild or auto-medic.

When im just in regular Warzone, i try to be silly and ninja the other team. I fail a lot but it's still fun when i sneak behind a few in a base :p

I'm surprised nobody uses Upgraded Thrusters, it's one of the best ones. Reduces thruster CD, faster sprinting speed, and also shield recharges while sprinting.

Dice

As far as armor mods go, you can only have 1 at a time. The best ones for me are Upgraded Shields (you survive a Sniper Headshot) and Advanced Sensor combined with Silencer Weapons, because you don't show up on the Radar at normal walking speed, you see people crouching, you have a 40 meter Radar and you can Assassinate people all day basically.
I was just in a game where I think a guy was doing this, as he would keep coming out of nowhere and assassinating people. Thing is, he would always do it when like 4 other people were around so he'd instantly get wasted when the animation was done. I guess he knows what he enjoys about the game, lol.

Vico

I'm surprised nobody uses Upgraded Thrusters, it's one of the best ones. Reduces thruster CD, faster sprinting speed, and also shield recharges while sprinting.

Just unlocked it, I should try it, but to me, nothing can replace the splinter grenade armor mod. That grenade's just so useful in Warzone.

Fuchsdh

Just unlocked it, I should try it, but to me, nothing can replace the splinter grenade armor mod. That grenade's just so useful in Warzone.

Where/when are you using them? It's just hard to justify the one grenade versus the other benefits for me.

IHaveIce

Banned

YO I never put much attention to this one because I thought not showing up on radar would be better, but shield recharge while sprinting?

This will be my new go to mod

EYEL1NER

No shit? Hmm, I'll have to start using that one then. I only have two armor mods unlocked: that one and Auto-Medic. I've exclusively been using Auto-Medic but it hasn't really done too much for me. In fact, I think I'll go try a couple Warzone matches now with the range mod on.

link1201

I'm in the same boat. The splinter grenade as an area denial and antivehicle tool is really hard to give up. The other mods don't seem to help as much. On paper they sound great but in application not so much.

I'm in the same boat. The splinter grenade as an area denial and antivehicle tool is really hard to give up. The other mods don't seem to help as much. On paper they sound great but in application not so much.

Advanced Sensors and Upgrade Shields are very useful though.

No shit? Hmm, I'll have to start using that one then. I only have two armor mods unlocked: that one and Auto-Medic. I've exclusively been using Auto-Medic but it hasn't really done too much for me. In fact, I think I'll go try a couple Warzone matches now with the range mod on.

Dude use Advanced Sensors, pair it with suppressed weapons, you don't show up on radar AT ALL unless you sprint, used a speed boost or fire unsuppressed weapons.

Yeah, i think it's good for those who like to long-rage people. Espcially snipers. I just wonder why it's a common req. Should be highter imo

here we go -

-Motion Tracker is now compatible with Smart-Link, and both range and sensitivity is enhanced. In addition, you are harder to detect on enemy Motion Trackers.

and the only legendary mod -

Extra melee and Spartan Charge damage. Your Spartan Charge has extra range.

Strider

Advanced Sensors is the best mod. You just equip silenced weapons + flank all game and watch people panic as they have no idea where they are getting shot from.. And their teammtes just stand around and don't even look at you because they have no idea their teammate is dying right next to them lol it's great.

Super easy to rack up a lot of kills this way.

I'll give you advanced sensors but upgraded shields not so much in my experience. Perhaps because I'm expecting an os level of difference ,lol.

It wins you more head on engagements and keeps you alive from snipers, could be very useful if you are a direct assault kind of guy.

Fuchsdh

It wins you more head on engagements and keeps you alive from snipers, could be very useful if you are a direct assault kind of guy.

Yeah I'm not sure if it's enough to save you from a normal sniper headshot but it'll definitely save you from the End of the Line, and if you get into an SMG vs SMG fight it'll make sure you come out alive.

Yeah I'm not sure if it's enough to save you from a normal sniper headshot but it'll definitely save you from the End of the Line, and if you get into an SMG vs SMG fight it'll make sure you come out alive.

It saves you from any sniper headshot, you'll survive with about 1/3 of HP left.

link1201

Advanced Sensors is the best mod. You just equip silenced weapons + flank all game and watch people panic as they have no idea where they are getting shot from.. And their teammtes just stand around and don't even look at you because they have no idea their teammate is dying right next to them lol it's great.

Super easy to rack up a lot of kills this way.
So do they not get the red indictor telling them they got shot came from behind, left, right etc?

Strider

So do they not get the red indictor telling them they got shot came from behind, left, right etc?

I can't technically confirm it but it def seems that way because they never look the right direction when I shoot them... Idk if that benefit comes from the silenced weapons or from the mod tho but if you're running one you should be running the other anyway.

EYEL1NER

Advanced Sensors it is. I read the description of the REQ when I unlocked it but "compatible with SmartLink" didn't dawn on me what it meant, since I keep forgetting that is what they named ADS. Being silenced too is a nice benefit but I have been trying to use more of the modded weapons that do extra vehicle damage so I can take out ghosts and gungooses that trap me in the open. I'll give the silenced weapons a try in conjunction with Advanced Sensors a try and see if I stay alive a bit longer (if I can remember to sprint less).

Dice

It just dropped Advanced Sensors. Instant wish-granting! <3
I have a stealth BR, too.

That said, man snipers can be sooooo annoying in this game if your team is pushed back. My whole team kinda sucked this last game (I was upper list and definitely should not have been considering the way things were going for me) so we got pushed back to our base. Well the other team had a Mantis, Tank, and Banshee. Despite this, the game figures it's totally cool to spawn us in random places out in the field outside our base. Um, okay. That sucks, but with some decisive running and thrusts one may be able to escape the vehicles and normal enemy fire to get your barrings.... eeeexcept not if there is also a sniper on the rocks across the water just waiting for people to spawn in the middle of the field then shoot them before they're even sure where they are.

I understand "wake up and die" situations in FPS games but there ARE things you can do in your game design to prevent it. Some spots of level design in warzone seem to be actively encouraging it, which is not good. If all you do is keep waking up and instantly dying before you can even move, you aren't playing. You're just going through the chore of waiting through CD timer and pressing confirm until the match finally ends, which may be up to 10 minutes depending on circumstances. I suppose you COULD just keep spawning vehicles, but it's senseless to waste those on a definitely-losing game.

IHaveIce

Banned
Edit: Fuck this GermanGAF is messing with my head and now I'm posting in german over here aswell LMAO

CTF Warm Up and Octagon are the only custom gametypes I really like to play :>

JackHerer

I use advanced sensors and silenced weapons almost always and I notice that sometimes I appear on enemy radar anyway. What happens when two people with advanced sensors meet? Can they see eachother on radar?

I use advanced sensors and silenced weapons almost always and I notice that sometimes I appear on enemy radar anyway. What happens when two people with advanced sensors meet? Can they see eachother on radar?

If you use spartan abilities (sprinting and thrust, maybe clamber), you can be detected.

BraXzy

I'll probably alternate between Upgraded Thrusters and Increased Strength once I unlock them. At the moment I've been alternating between Speed Booster (which offers Dexterity-esque increased weapon animation times as well) and Death From Above.

Three diamonds in this match.

most likely they or you play at the same level. If you really want to know their placement, you could look at their game history and if they have been paird with the same people. That is just one method to figure out why you were placed with 3 diamonds.

I know i've played against a gold/low plat as im a diamond 1. I've seen fresh accounts that were plat 4 playing with onyxs/diamonds and the plat 4 be on top. we got owned so hard.

MM isn't perfect and will never be. could be a lot of things making it seem all out of whack. Population in that playlist, server population and whatever else i'm missing.

So what im trying to say is, placements mean nothing and dont stress on them too hard because there are people who play at onyx level that are platinum.

Top Bottom